PDA

View Full Version : airport security

winny
06-30-2013, 11:22 AM
i was traveling underdressed yesterday (bikini top and bottoms under jeans and polo). after i went thru the xray-intrusive-body-scan, the male tsa agent stopped me and gave me a quick pat-down.. he had a puzzled look on his face when he patted my chest and back. he quietly (it was busy at the airport) asked if i was wearing a bra.. i replied that i was wearing a bikini top. he then figured out why he felt the knot on my back.. he proceeded to wish me a nice flight and let me proceed.. i am happy that he acted professionally.. was i embarrassed or scared through this ordeal? nah.. just being myself..

-winny

Beverley Sims
06-30-2013, 12:56 PM
He has dealt with this situation before. :)

Rileyaz
06-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Which airport was this?

RenneB
06-30-2013, 05:37 PM
From what I understand, one of the TSA agents monitoring the scanner has to choose between pink or blue when the next traveler approaches. Pick if you appear female as most females have a little more metal in them (underwire bra) while blues tend to not have any metal. The TSA must have hit blue and you were traveling in pink.... oh well, you survived....

Thanks for sharing....

Renne.....

Eryn
06-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I wonder if the agents also question every GG about whether they are wearing a bra?

winny
06-30-2013, 09:31 PM
phoenix sky harbor airport.. terminal 4..
not a bad experience, not good either...

Eva Skarlatova
07-01-2013, 12:28 AM
:) It's easy to smile now, but in that moment your blood could freeze...What about some other CD stuff - breastforms, shoes, makeup..etc in the laggage? Is there someone who could share his experience. I'm afraid that I could have problems flying with such arsenal :)

Amanda M
07-01-2013, 12:59 AM
On the baggage front, flying to the Middle East one time on British Airways, they managed to lose my hold baggage. Of course, I made a claim, but my jaw dropped when the agent asked "And what was in your case, Sir?" As it happens, I told him, and he did not bat an eyelid. It never did turn up, though.

Claire Cook
07-01-2013, 06:09 AM
i was traveling underdressed yesterday (bikini top and bottoms under jeans and polo). after i went thru the xray-intrusive-body-scan, the male tsa agent stopped me and gave me a quick pat-down.. he had a puzzled look on his face when he patted my chest and back. he quietly (it was busy at the airport) asked if i was wearing a bra.. i replied that i was wearing a bikini top. he then figured out why he felt the knot on my back.. he proceeded to wish me a nice flight and let me proceed.. i am happy that he acted professionally.. was i embarrassed or scared through this ordeal? nah.. just being myself..

-winny

This happens to me often when I am underdressed. Yes, I think they are used to it.

From what I understand, one of the TSA agents monitoring the scanner has to choose between pink or blue when the next traveler approaches. Pick if you appear female as most females have a little more metal in them (underwire bra) while blues tend to not have any metal. The TSA must have hit blue and you were traveling in pink.... oh well, you survived....

Thanks for sharing....

Renne.....

Yes, they do. Once when flying en femme I caught a glimpse of my image on the TSA scanner, and it showed a bra. I think this is part of their "pink image", so they expect a bra when women go through. So at least they got me presentation right!

I wonder if the agents also question every GG about whether they are wearing a bra?

They don't -- see my response #2 above.

BTW, when flying drab with my femme things in my carry-on (forms, purse, wig), I've never had a hassle, even when they do a hand check of my carry-on. We should give the TSA folks a bit more credit -- most, if not all, of them are informed about transgenders.

linda allen
07-01-2013, 08:50 AM
There was a cartoon floating around the Internet a while back where this hot looking female was about to enter the scanner. The next pane shows her in the scanner and you see her male genitals.

It's a shame you have to be treated like a criminal just to get on an airplane, but it's reality these days.

There was a case a while back where a GG who had lost a breast to cancer was forced to remove her prosthesis and put it in the tray with the purse, shoes, etc. It made the news.

Allison Chaynes
07-06-2013, 01:26 AM
I was flying out of Green Bay once and the TSA people at the ticket counter pulled my bag out into the LOBBY on a table to search it. Since my business colleagues were right there with me, I was sweating bullets trying to keep them engaged in conversation as the agent went through my bag. I have never been so nervous before in my life!

Rogina B
07-06-2013, 08:16 AM
i was traveling underdressed yesterday (bikini top and bottoms under jeans and polo). he had a puzzled look on his face when he patted my chest and back. he quietly (it was busy at the airport) asked if i was wearing a bra.. i replied that i was wearing a bikini top. he then figured out why he felt the knot on my back.. he proceeded to wish me a nice flight and let me proceed.. i am happy that he acted professionally.. was i embarrassed or scared through this ordeal? nah.. just being myself..

-winny
Question...Got any boobies to fill out that Bikini top and make it right? The knot in the back[while seated on the plane]was probably more uncomfortable than the extra attention you got from wearing your bikini.Agent was just doing their job..

Brenda456
07-06-2013, 08:26 AM
It has happened to me. A bit embarrassing but not too bad.

linda allen
07-06-2013, 08:51 AM
I was flying out of Green Bay once and the TSA people at the ticket counter pulled my bag out into the LOBBY on a table to search it. Since my business colleagues were right there with me, I was sweating bullets trying to keep them engaged in conversation as the agent went through my bag. I have never been so nervous before in my life!

Aren't they supposed to do that in a private area? Couldn't you have asked them to?

Jana
07-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Quite frankly, I don't understand why, knowing AHEAD OF TIME that airports have scanners, pat downs and several unprofessional agents, some still choose to go through that rigamarole underdressed. It makes no sense whatsoever to knowingly put yourself in that situation. Unless, of course, one is seeking that kind of attention, which is a completely different story. Anyway, glad that this time you dealt with a well-trained and professional TSA agent.

Tasha_Yar
07-06-2013, 12:13 PM
The TSA has improved over the years and the new "BackScatter" scanners now show no body parts at all. They just highlight the location of "unexpected" objects. With the new scanners I have never been stopped, but with the old ones I have been stopped several times. Typically I dress in an androgynous way with womens pants, a blouse that could just be a shirt, panties and bra with discreet forms. Only once was I given a hard time at LaGuardia. The agent seemed to have areal issue with my bra (Underwired) and demanded i take it off and send it through the scanner. I demanded to see the superintendent, and he was very professional, and sent me right through. He said he would speak to the agent and tell him to keep his personal thoughts away from his job. Hope he did.

Allison Chaynes
07-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Not sure, but after working for Uncle Sam for a few years I know how TSA people can get. I just tried to get it over with quickly.
Aren't they supposed to do that in a private area? Couldn't you have asked them to?