PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Idea's

JuliaC
06-30-2013, 08:12 PM
I want to get a rib tattoo of a quote. I was wondering if any one has any good quotes that can be both feminine and masculine. I have a few ideas:

"the lion doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep"

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the thing I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Anyone else have quote tattoos on their ribs?

XOXO
Julia

Aly Cat
06-30-2013, 08:32 PM
"Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for. It is a thing to be achieved." William Jennings Bryan

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

This ones a bit long, but maybe you can take something from it...
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is much more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change, there is power." Alan Cohen

MssHyde
06-30-2013, 08:49 PM
You may never exceed your own expectations, of yourself.

He is no fool that gives up that which he may not keep, to keep that which he can not loose

MysticLady
06-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I want too get two hearts on my ankle. It would represent my wife and I.

How about........"Just leave me be, woman":heehee:

Tracii G
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
"Some are wise some are otherwise". One of Oscar Wilde's best quotes.
Another is " Consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative".

I never understood the whole quote tat thing much less on the ribs ouch!

JuliaC
06-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Keep the ideas coming! I love the ideas so far! I want it to sound feminine but not be question while im in guy mode.

UNDERDRESSER
06-30-2013, 11:01 PM
I often fight the urge to correct posts on here, but this one I have to say something, just in case the tattoo artist doesn't catch it. "LOSE sleep."

Kandy Barr
06-30-2013, 11:25 PM
I have my permission to express myself in any manor I choose! :battingeyelashes:

Have fun but remember a tattoo is something you'll live with the rest of your life, not preaching, just saying.

Kat42
07-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Heh... no tat's for me (The SO asked just tonight about a "committment" tat. Apparently a BFF is considering same same.) I don't need you to ink your nody to express your love for me. Besides... needles scare me. But I'm libertarian... do what you want!

I like the refrain from an old Fleetwood Mac song: "...but don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer you want me to! [Oh Well]"

To me it expresses the thought that we should live our lives for ourselves, not how someone else thinks we should.

$.02
Kat42

Andy66
07-01-2013, 03:20 AM
A tatoo should be something very meaningful to you, not just some hastily chosen saying. Is there some saying that changed your life, or something a beloved friend or relative told you?

Okay, with that said, here are a few suggestions.

Be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi

You can if you believe you can.

Everyone is weird in their own way.

Dude, wheres my shirt?

Beverley Sims
07-01-2013, 03:48 AM
First of all I do not think tattoos on women enhance their bodies at all.
They are sort of "permanent".
Go for one of the transfer types and when your mood changes, wash it off.

Lynn Marie
07-01-2013, 05:36 AM
I enjoy changing my avatar as I make improvements in my looks. Hopefully I'll always be improving. Tattoos lock that part of your body into a certain look, forever! That's a lot longer than I'm willing to commit too. On top of that, maybe I'm just "old fashioned" but I've never seen a tattoo that in any way enhanced the body of anyone.

Jenni Yumiko
07-01-2013, 06:03 AM
I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam... Popeyes the sailor man
All dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

MysticLady
07-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Heh... no tat's for me (The SO asked just tonight about a "committment" tat. It almost sounds like she wants to brand you:heehee:. May be fun in the bedroom but I strongly do not recommend the glowing HOT branding iron.:eek:

How about........"Just leave me be, woman":heehee:

Okay.....How about "Just let me be woman" :thumbsup:

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
07-01-2013, 09:31 AM
I want to get a rib tattoo of a quote. I was wondering if any one has any good quotes that can be both feminine and masculine. I have a few ideas:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the thing I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Anyone else have quote tattoos on their ribs?

XOXO
Julia

"You can sleep when you're dead."

brittdoll
07-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Nice quotes but all I can say is "Ribs - OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!"

divamissz
07-01-2013, 04:55 PM
A favorite Coco Chanel quote: "A girl should be two things; who and what she wants."

Aly Cat
07-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Lol how about this one....

Silence is golden, Ductape is Silver

CherylFlint
07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I was in the Navy for 6 years and never got any ink.
I would suggest to you that you do the same.
If people were 100% honest, they would tell you that getting a Tat was a big mistake and had they a chance to do it over again they wouldn’t.
Mt advice, which you’ll no doubt ignore, is don’t do it.
You want to look like a girl, at least be a lady about it.
Just being honest, mind you.

Eryn
07-01-2013, 06:52 PM
George Carlin suggested this one for a tattoo on a person's back:

Please, let's not tell this guy what we wrote on his back.
He thinks it's a sailing ship!

Seriously, once you have settled on a design put it in a drawer. Take it out a year later and, if you still really want it, have it put on. Balance a year of not having the tattoo against the likelihood that you will spend a lifetime with a tattoo that you no longer want.

Dr. Tattoff isn't getting rich without reason!

mikiSJ
07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I was in the Navy for 6 years and never got any ink.
I would suggest to you that you do the same.
If people were 100% honest, they would tell you that getting a Tat was a big mistake and had they a chance to do it over again they wouldn’t.
Mt advice, which you'll no doubt ignore, is don't do it.
You want to look like a girl, at least be a lady about it.
Just being honest, mind you.

I can not add one thing to Cheryl's comment. I am ex-Navy and I do not/will never have any tatts - except if and when I get to that point in my life, I will have

"DO NOT RESUSCITATE"

inked across my chest.

Jenni Yumiko
07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Sorry i disagree with Cheryl. I'm being 100% honest and love every tat I have except for One I got while drunk and didn't give any thought to.

The rest are my aunts names that have passed away, my kids names, my moms Dharma name, a matching yin yang I got with my BFF since high school, and faith, blessing and reason, all hand drawn or calligraphied by me.
My next set is going to be silhouettes of my kids favorite Disney characters. With a peace love Mickey Mouse logo.

Eryn has a very good idea, let it sit for a year before you decide.

JuliaC
07-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your concern but I have been thinking about these quotes for a while. I just was hoping maybe to find one that encompases my crossdressing side too. I won't get it without being sure I love it!

Davena Doll
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
I thought of one (Cow Gurl up)

Lorileah
07-01-2013, 11:10 PM
personally I have 2 tattoos (and I disagree with the swabbies here). It took me years to decide on them. I would not trade either one (one is paw prints for the cats in my life and the other is a pink breast cancer ribbon for my wife). Although recently a potential paramour said "you have tattoos? So you aren't perfect." well neither was he. I also know that with time tats fade and blur so having something written isn't my cuppa tea. I do agree that if you get one you think about what it will mean in 20 years. I saw one once that was the person's name when read from one angle and their child's name when read upside down. You need creativity for that but your male name and your fem name maybe?

ossian
07-02-2013, 12:34 AM
No tattoos for me. I think they are utterly cool. But I know that as soon as I get one I would want to change the area where the festivity took place and change it to something better.

JuliaC
07-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I am pretty sure I am settled on the quote "Lions do not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"....now I just need to decide on a font. I think this will be able to look good feminine but I think its a great quote and it motivates me..plus it won't be questioned in guy mode. I am going to get it on my ribs....i need to make sure it is located below my bra strap...

Jenessa
07-27-2013, 09:32 PM
I will admit that I still like mine, I have had the pink filigree anklet with 3 small hears for 10+ years and the butterfly on my hip for about 7 years. Over the last 9 months I have been working on a lower back tattoo (ass antlers, tramp stamp, humper sticker, what ever you want to call them) I plan to have inked in the next month or two. I know LBTs are kind of cliché but I have my reasons, I put a lot of work into the deign so it has a lot of representation of my female side, it is a very female location, it will have a lot of feminine color and last but not least, I want it.

Just went to see my tattoo artist (she has done all 3 of my fem tattoos) today, and she is booked till 9/14/13:sad: Oh well, the deposit is payed and the design is 95% done, the next six weeks is gonna be like a kid waiting for Christmas:cry::meditate:

Eryn
07-27-2013, 10:55 PM
If you must get a tattoo, please use laser-erasable ink.

Jenessa
07-27-2013, 11:40 PM
If you must get a tattoo, please use laser-erasable ink.

I'm actually using a combo of bright ink and UV ink, not worried about removing it. I do appreciate the concern:) but I have never tried to hide or even thought about removing my other 3 fem tattoos.

ErinSassyPants
07-28-2013, 12:24 AM
I also have to disagree with the few who seemed to think that if people with tattoos were honest they would tell you they regretted them. I got my first 20 years ago or so and I now have 7 and I do not regret a single one of them for even a moment ever.

I LOVE the quote you picked out, I think its perfect.

karynspanties
07-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Just do yourself a huge favor. Check the spelling of every word on the template BEFORE they hit you with the the needle. Too many quote tattoo's that are mispelled.

Alexis.j
07-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Another bit of advice here, don't make the font to small or with to much detail, as when the tattoo ages it gets bigger(and blurry) and most of the detail gets lost. Rule of thumb, don't go smaller than 3/4 or so inch height.

Ineke Vashon
07-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Some folks have so many tattoos they look like walking lamp shades.

None for me, thank you.

Ineke

Tracii G
07-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Soo glad I never got any.

27th Jennifer
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Seriously, once you have settled on a design put it in a drawer. Take it out a year later and, if you still really want it, have it put on. Balance a year of not having the tattoo against the likelihood that you will spend a lifetime with a tattoo that you no longer want.
Eryn is right. Don't get a tattoo on a whim. Don't pick something off the wall or out of a book in the tattoo shop. Find something (or better yet create something) that is totally unique to you. I have three tattoos, each of which I thought about for at least a year or more before getting them done. It's been nearly 20 years since the first one, and I have 0 regrets!
And please, please, please if you have words inked on your body, use a spellchecker and have the grammar checked by someone who is trustworthy. Nothing makes a person look more stupid than a tat with incorrect spelling or the use of the wrong word ("lose", not "loose").

If you think about it enough, you'll come up with something....

Best of luck,
Ana

Eryn
07-28-2013, 03:54 PM
...And please, please, please if you have words inked on your body, use a spellchecker and have the grammar checked by someone who is trustworthy. Nothing makes a person look more stupid than a tat with incorrect spelling or the use of the wrong word ("lose", not "loose").

(Fictional) case in point:
zcU_wFNLb3o

Unfortunately, real examples are all over the 'net.

DanaGirl
07-28-2013, 05:04 PM
"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" - Lucius Cornelius Sulla

ErinSassyPants
07-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Another bit of advice here, don't make the font to small or with to much detail, as when the tattoo ages it gets bigger(and blurry) and most of the detail gets lost. Rule of thumb, don't go smaller than 3/4 or so inch height.

Yes, and the artist should be able to help you figure out a good font and size that will wear well on your body.

and I'm going to go completely and totally against the grain and say sometimes just going with the gut and doing it is magic! I mean I don't suggest drunk tattooing but then I don't suggest doing anything drunk ever. I am no less happy with the tattoos I've gotten inspired for and then gotten quickly than I am with the ones that took huge amounts of planning. Plus, I think the quote you chose is really universal. It's not a cartoon character or a quote that you'll grow out of or that will be a problem if you transition or don't transition.

I'm excited for you!

CherylFlint
07-28-2013, 07:50 PM
I owned a company and made it a policy never to hire anyone with ink.
Every year I’d give a company pool party and if anyone had ink within a very short time they were “laid off”.
Sorry, that just the way it is.
It’s called reality.
Ink is not a positive message, and my company depended upon being run by mature and responsible people.
Like I said, that’s reality.
Deal with it.
That said, there’s always washable ink if you can’t live without making a fool of yourself.

ErinSassyPants
07-28-2013, 08:17 PM
It's always fascinating when someone from a group that is discriminated against chooses to discriminate against other groups.

But it is a good point. There are definitely areas of the country(and I assume other countries) and certain areas of business where tattoos are discriminated against. The OP probably won't have the benefit of that though since her's will be out of view. But I would bet that someone looking for an accepting company to work for could aid their search with a visible tattoo. A company who will hire you will tattoos is going to be more likely to be accepting when it comes time to transition or when word of your CDing ends up on Facebook. It's no guarantee of course but it is one small way to help make sure you end up somewhere that respects the individuality of their employees.

Jenessa
07-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Every year I’d give a company pool party and if anyone had ink within a very short time they were “laid off”.
It’s called reality.
Ink is not a positive message, and my company depended upon being run by mature and responsible people.
Deal with it.
That said, there’s always washable ink if you can’t live without making a fool of yourself.

Now replace "ink" with "crossdresser" and you are no better then those who feel that way about us.

Edited for us, just to make a point not how I feel.

I owned a company and made it a policy never to hire anyone who crossdressed
Every year I’d check social media sites and if anyone had turned out to be CDer, within a very short time they were “laid off”.
It’s called reality.
CDing is not a positive message, and my company depended upon being run by mature and responsible people, not ones with a mental disorder.
Deal with it.
That said, there’s always mens bikini briefs if you can’t live without making a fool of yourself.

It's always fascinating when someone from a group that is discriminated against chooses to discriminate against other groups.

But it is a good point. There are definitely areas of the country(and I assume other countries) and certain areas of business where tattoos are discriminated against. The OP probably won't have the benefit of that though since her's will be out of view. But I would bet that someone looking for an accepting company to work for could aid their search with a visible tattoo. A company who will hire you will tattoos is going to be more likely to be accepting when it comes time to transition or when word of your CDing ends up on Facebook. It's no guarantee of course but it is one small way to help make sure you end up somewhere that respects the individuality of their employees.

Not to mention, a pool party was mentioned. Who gives a flying f*** if it can be seen at "leasure" time as long as it can be covered at "professional" time

CherylFlint
07-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Dear Jennessa,
Apparently your definition of reality is different than mine, but that’s okay, as they say, different strokes for different folks.
It’s not about the tattoo per se as much as it is the person’s upbringing, education and general self esteem.
The permanence of the ink is what makes getting a tat detrimental, which is why smart, well educated, high self esteem people don’t have any tats, zero. Oh, I know, there are exceptions but as a general rule it’s a fact, a dose of reality.
Drugs, being drunk, peer pressure are sorry excuses to get a tattoo, so is “I think it’s cool”.
To each their own.
I really thought this blog is to help one another, to talk over problems and issues, and if you’re actually advocating someone be scarred with words and/or a picture on their body that won’t come off, then I don’t believe you’re helping at all.
But then if you can’t comprehend what I’m saying, then I’m just wasting my time.
I’m trying to help the poor girl, what are you doing?
Cheryl

ErinSassyPants
07-30-2013, 02:26 PM
It's not Jennessa's "definition" of reality that is off in my opinion, it is that you are confusing your opinion for reality. We are all welcome to our opinions of course, the key is to remember that they are opinions not reality.

In my opinion someone who values mature educated people would appreciate this distinction. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Tannis
07-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Coincidentally, I've got an appointment for my first tattoo in a month and a half. It however isn't anything girly, but something I've wanted for a while. And I'm talking a while. I first thought of getting it tattooed about... 12 years ago, but not being stupid (no offence meant to anyone else, but I tend to be very paranoid in regards to myself), I waited to make sure I still wanted it. Long story short... mid-September :D

But as I said, that doesn't really fit the requirements that OP wanted. For quotes... lessee what I can find that could easily be seen as woman-empowering or manly, depending on your perpsective:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
“The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” - Mark Caine
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” - Mark Twain
“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling
“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” - Ayn Rand

Hope some of those give you an idea. Good luck OP!

Jana
07-30-2013, 04:27 PM
How about "know thyself".

Angela Campbell
07-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Not going to get one myself but if I did.....I would get the starship enterprise on my butt

where no man has gone before

robindee36
07-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Sorry, no tats on this bod. Have been considering getting my ears pierced so I can stop wearing clip on earrings. But permanent graphics I can not advise on.

Guess my only comment would be: What is the difference between taxes and tattoos........NONE they are both with you forever ;)

Look, have fun with it. In the final analysis only you have to be satisfied with the ink and only you have to live with it.

Hugs, Robin

MssHyde
07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
It’s called reality.
Deal with it.

I wasn't going to post about this mind set, but it sorta pricked my heart.
I was in business for myself for about 8 years. I had 30 people that have worked for me during that time. I had 7 on staff at a time.

Many times a person that looked like they were rode hard and put away wet, would come in looking for a job. (horse talk, nothing sexual)

at any-rate I tested all the people that were good prospective employees, I would tell them my business was no better then my worst employee,

I had a image and reputation to project and protect. If they were willing to keep their tattoos covered I didn't have a problem with them.

everyone complied gladly just to have a job and learn a skill I could teach them.

some of my best people sported tattoos on their own time, in there own way. (again covered when on the clock)

20 years or more after the fact, I still get phone calls from people that were grateful to have worked for me.

many times the blessings were mine because I looked beyond skin deep.

AllieSF
07-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Dear Jennessa,
Apparently your definition of reality is different than mine, but that’s okay, as they say, different strokes for different folks.
It’s not about the tattoo per se as much as it is the person’s upbringing, education and general self esteem.
The permanence of the ink is what makes getting a tat detrimental, which is why smart, well educated, high self esteem people don’t have any tats, zero. Oh, I know, there are exceptions but as a general rule it’s a fact, a dose of reality.
Drugs, being drunk, peer pressure are sorry excuses to get a tattoo, so is “I think it’s cool”.
To each their own.
I really thought this blog is to help one another, to talk over problems and issues, and if you’re actually advocating someone be scarred with words and/or a picture on their body that won’t come off, then I don’t believe you’re helping at all.
But then if you can’t comprehend what I’m saying, then I’m just wasting my time.
Cheryl

I have to agree with the others who have taken exception to your statements. What a person wears, does to their body is their own decisions, whether they are educated or not. Who you hire, and how, is your business as long as you are following the law. I also agree that you have the right to require tattoos to be kept under cover and that you have the right dismiss people for justifiable causes. Firing an employee for having a covered tattoo is not justifiable in any way shape or form, nor is it legal. What you have stated doing to let people go, in my opinion, is also against all labor laws and moral laws. To fire your employees after lowering yourself to trickery disguised as a friendly summer pool party, and then to fire someone who has a hidden tattoo (hidden from site during working hours) is pure and despicable deceit on your part. Just because you own the company does not mean that you are righteous lord and ruler of the realm with control over every aspect of a person's lives, and more significantly, their private lives. It sounds more like a dictatorship that does nothing for team building, nor encouraging others to contribute to the betterment of the company and your net returns. I wonder what your customers would think of you and your company if they knew this about you?

I don't get how you say all that you have said with a straight face when we are all here looking for acceptance and fighting for the rights of all to be treated fairly everywhere we go, including where we work. And, you are included in that we. I doubt if many people would want to work for you or pay for your services or products if they knew of your deceitful ways with your employees, maybe even including of they knew that you were transgendered.

You sound very closed minded to associate intelligence with getting tattoos. That in itself sounds like the stereotypical uneducated and prejudiced person who reacts negatively to people like us crossdressing. Education tends to lead toward greater acceptance of others and a better understand and support of everyone's rights to be and live as they want, within the law. I suppose you think that all women and men who get pierced ears are also scarring themselves, which in fact they are in a technical way. I think as a member of this site you need to re-evaluate your employment approach, loosen up and be more accepting, and more importantly, more supportive to others..

I don't have any tattoos, but when I find one that I like, I will get one and make myself happy. I respect others rights to live, and so should you.

DameErrant
07-30-2013, 10:26 PM
If I were to get a tattoo, which is unlikely, I would use the same quote that I use as a screen saver at work.

"If you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!" Eli Wallach as Tuco the Terrible in 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

Found one of my "supervisors" sitting at my desk one day as I came back from lunch. Apparently he thought I should have been there when he was ready no matter the time. But he was staring at my screen saver with a slightly stunned look on his face, and when I asked what he wanted. he had no complaints. Had no trouble with him from that day on. Curious coincidence?

Jenessa
07-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Dear Jennessa,
To each their own.
Cheryl

I have you on ignore, not so I don't read your posts, but so I have a reminder before I click the "read post" link, of the hypocrisy you spew.
That said,

I have a degree in Hotel and Tour Management, a degree in Culinary Arts, An ASE Certification, An A&P License, CDL, Pilots License (single and multi land, single water, interment as well as more the 180 hrs aerobatic), "C" Card (open water, advanced open water,overhead environments and rescue diver), Certified Firearms Instructor and Jump Card. I have a great upbringing and I would say a great, well rounded education, and thats just the stuff I am licensed/certified in, never mind the stuff I just do (carpentry/construction, electrical work, plumbing, ya know, Jack of all trades, master of none type thing).

If you say so, Great and Powerful Oz:rolleyes:

If you're advocating firing (sorry, "laying them off") for having ink you need to have a pool party to see, I KNOW you're not helping at all (in any capacity).

I agree, you are a waste of time, You are a very shallow, narrow minded person for being in a group of people who are looked down on in society simply expressing themselves. A lot of people would say that you are a metal defective with poor upbring and and self esteem issues for your life style.

I am trying to let her know that if she wants a tattoo and she is 100% sure, then she should get it.

DanielleT
08-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I like wearing temporary tattoes that match my feelings. Usually I wear them on the inside of my upper thigh, sometimes on my butt. On a rare ocassion, I will put one one my chest. I think they are just fun for girls like us.

Jasmyne
08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Tattoos. It's one of those "love 'em or hate 'em" aspects of body decoration. Personally, LOVE tattoos and have 2 which I adore. First, to respond to your question... Words typically don't translate well to Tattoos unless the letters are BIG (see image below of my arm tat). If you do go with a quote, keep it short and simple, otherwise it might take an area larger than you like to make it look nice and legible.

I personally see Tattoos as art, like a painting you might hang on the wall, but you get to keep with you. My wife has her entire leg tattooed, and honestly never has a problem. They have gained so much acceptance over the years, but even then mine are so I can cover them easy even en femme. Sadly, no sleeveless dresses for me unless I go with a goth look.

I've a mermaid on my leg which was my first. Its a little plain, compared to my other, but I find it more feminine. The second has a story to it and took me nearly 2 years to decide on before ink was applied. Wife and I can't have kids, so its a dedication to the child we won't have whom we decided we'd name Machete Rose. Longer story behind it but I won't bore ya'll with details =)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jasmynerose13/Mermaid_zpsa2571574.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jasmynerose13/MacheteRose_zpsa60f98b4.jpg

Lorileah
08-05-2013, 11:47 PM
The permanence of the ink is what makes getting a tat detrimental, which is why smart, well educated, high self esteem people don’t have any tats, zero.

Cheryl

I missed this the first time through and will respond for two reasons. First BS on your opinion of who gets tattoos. I have two, one is paw prints on my ankle because of my profession and the other is a pink ribbon on my wrist for my wife who died of breast cancer. I hold a doctorate I was in the upper part of my class. In my profession about half the people I know under 50 have tats. My nephew did my tats. He is a programmer but beyond that he speaks Japanese, Celtic, Russian all of which he taught himself. He plays 7 instruments I know of including his newest, the oboe which he taught himself and now plays with a symphony orchestra in a major city.

The other reason is if I had caught your post before all the responses it would be gone now because you are very rude and disrespectful. Your personal prejudice against tattoos is your own, but saying that people with tats are less intelligent, have poor self esteem and bad upbringing was just rude and incorrect. Many of the bravest people in the world, who have risked their lives for your "company" have tattoos. Want to bet that many of the higher ranking military minds have tats? How many people who invented, built or programmed your computer have ink? You have insulted many people here and I am going to let he responses stand now because it just shows how wrong you are. That said, there will be no more remarks about anything PERSONAL about people who get or don't get tattoos...got IT?

You can say you are for or against it but do not question anyone's personal life. And keep your vendettas off the boards. You wanna fight? Take it to PMs.