PDA

View Full Version : what visible femme stuff can you get away with dressed as a guy

Ellie52
07-02-2013, 02:44 AM
You can wear lycra sports tights with shorts and a basketball shirt (as a short dress). Ive seen this often and no one comments.

i wear ladies cuban heel boots to work under my jeans and not one person has mentioned it.

I wear ladies T shirts and soft jumpers - again never a comment.

How far can you go?

Bernadina
07-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Here are a few more...

Pants, shoes, socks, coats and jackets.

prene
07-02-2013, 03:53 AM
I wear lady's t's, gg jeans, some socks.

But under always panties, corset and small forms.

stephNE
07-02-2013, 05:21 AM
I have a number of slacks and jeans.
I wear panties every day (I know not visible), and some day I have even worn a bra to work, restaurant, etc.

TeresaCD
07-02-2013, 05:22 AM
No body hair, sculptured eyebrows (mildly), earrings.
Clear on fingernails
And I work as a builder..
Clothes wise, the boots are an interesting thought, Eloise.
The girl seems to pop out from under the covers, doesn't she?

Geneva Lake
07-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Shoes ... all the time!

Jolene Robertson
07-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Jeans, Shorts (w/shaved legs), Wig, Long nails w/clear, shoes. Under dressed all the time, sometimes pantyhose under jeans.
But I do get mam'd a lot even when I'm with the wife. Never a negative comment, at least to my face.

Beverley Sims
07-02-2013, 07:34 AM
For me, top, jeans, and boots.
Frequently.

Chari
07-02-2013, 07:43 AM
My choice is most of the items previously listed, plus I have my hair cut in a feminine style "bob".

linda allen
07-02-2013, 08:13 AM
what visible femme stuff can you get away with dressed as a guy

It depends on what you mean by "get away with". If you've been around here long enough, you know that some guys go out dressed in female clothing, shoes and accessories, but make no attempt to shave their beards or cover their bald heads. Are they "getting away" with this in your mind?

Or are you asking what feminine items you can wear as a guy and not have people question your masculinity?

When I am out as a "guy", I am presenting 100% as a guy, but I am probably wearing women's jeans or jean shorts. Plain ones that look like men's jeans or jean shorts but with a slimmer fit. I'll be wearing earrings (pierced), but "male" ones, little balls or diamonds. I'll have manicured nails with clear polish. I'll be wearing women's panties (plain with no frills or decoration). If it's cool enough to wear a heavy shirt, I might be wearing a bra.

It's a personal decision and it depends on where you are going, who will be seeing you, and how much you care about what they think.

Jana
07-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't even try. To me it's all or none.

MysticLady
07-02-2013, 08:30 AM
My painted toenails when I wear socks and shoes.:heehee: One thing that I have that is conspicuous are my long finger nails. They have no color or clear on them. Yet, I keep them manicured and very clean. As a matter of fact, I was a restaurant yesterday having lunch. A woman and her family sat at the next table beside me with her caddycorner. I kept noticing her look at me and offer a smile once in a while. Her Husband looked Blah(overweight & army style haircut). They had two small children that constantly kept his attention. She seems to be a peace not worrying about the children. Her eyes kept wondering over to me since I sensed it and also caught her with quick looks her way. I wonder what went through her mind?

donnalee
07-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Lady, she didn't interact with you, so what difference could it make?
Ladies jeans (fit better), shoes (very narrow foot), coats, sweaters, undies, socks.

Vanessa5
07-02-2013, 09:32 AM
I wear womens jeans to work everyday. Some days I wear trouser socks (not too noticable). I have been to the post office in a nice sweater and slacks with heels and no one really noticed.

*ROXY*
07-02-2013, 09:54 AM
I wear GG jeans, (Ann Harvey) can thoroughly recommend them although not really distinguishable to the naked eye, underwear but no bra, sometimes holdups. In reality, "getting away with" could mean not being pointed out or ridiculed, you can bet people have noticed, women notice shoes so boots with heels will be spotted. There are T-Shirts with no shape or shorter capped sleeves. Long nails get noticed too, either in an 'ewww tramp' if they're not clean or 'nice nails :-) where'd you get them done'.
What matters is how bothered you are IF someone notices and makes it obvious. If someone asked you "are you wearing womens jeans" or "are they womens boots" - would you scurry off and hide/change or would you say "yes actually". I don't personally push the boundaries too much as I have very inquisitive children who would notice in a heartbeat if I had womens shoes on and make a big deal of asking me about it lol. If anyone asked me I'd answer honestly.

linda allen
07-02-2013, 10:05 AM
If someone asked you "are you wearing womens jeans" or "are they womens boots"

If someone asked me that, my answer would be "No, they are mine. I paid for them." ;)

*ROXY*
07-02-2013, 10:08 AM
If someone asked me that, my answer would be "No, they are mine. I paid for them." ;)

Good answer :-)

Lacey
07-02-2013, 10:18 AM
I wear women's tee's, have both ears pierced and wear keds. My wife has given me a pair of capris that I have worn in public a few times. No one cares.

Lorileah
07-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Make up, eyeliner, shadow. Boots makes a tinted moisturizer that I wear a lot. Recently I have a full manicure and pedicure with "I am not a waitress" red. But then again I am working toward 24/7 :)

sandra-leigh
07-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Yup, depends what you mean by "get away with". If I wear a dress, tights, bra, large earrings, panties, lipstick, and women's shoes, with hair longer than down-to-armpit, and I get called Sir by most people, then is that "getting away with it" ?

Kate Simmons
07-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Not sure what you mean. I don't purposely wear feminine clothing when en homme as I don't have the need to do so. I know who I am in either mode, so not necessary to make any display of it. Actually when I choose to be en homme it's more or less a break from being en femme. That's pretty much the way I look at it.:)

Dianne S
07-02-2013, 11:41 AM
I like to fully dress, but when that's not possible I do like to wear women's clothes unobtrusively.

I wear women's jeans and underwear. If it's not too hot, I wear a camisole under my shirt. In winter, I wear a bra and a women's T-shirt or blouse, though under a sweater or sweatshirt. Sometimes I also wear mascara. No comments yet except from my wife...

Stephanie47
07-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Jana, I'm with you on this one. Please!!! Will someone explain the attraction or titillation of "trying to get away" with wearing an article of women's clothing or a hint of makeup. Please.

I see absolutely no point in wearing a pair of women's jeans with all male clothing. Or a pair of women's boots under men's jeans.

Is it a hint you want to throw societal norms aside but hide it?

As a sidebar my daughter when she was younger bought men's jeans because men's jeans have pockets and she could slip a small billfold into her back pocket. That makes perfect sense.

In my fem time I want to wear that bra, panty, slip, hosiery, pretty dress, heels and long wig.

If I'm in psychological guy mode, I want to look like a guy. Sometimes that is totally clean shaven, shirt and tie, slacks, dress shoes or a holey tee shirt, cut off shorts, sweat socks and athletic shoes and a four days growth of facial hair.

If I'm in psychological girl mode it's girl all the way.

So, please explain, why??

Off to a physical therapy appointment. I'll check back later.

MysticLady
07-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Stephanie, It's nothing to pop a fuse over. Some of us just like it. So what. Live and let live.:)

Eryn
07-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Jeans - Levis 505s, Gloria Vanderbilt Amandas, or Capris in "boy" colors like blue or khaki.
Shoes - Nike running shoes in gray with pink trim
Socks - No-show socks in bright colors (you do see the upper edge of them)
Nails - Clear polish, longer than normal
Earrings - small hoops

Stephanie, the answer to "Why" is complex. The bottom line is that I like dressing this way. It makes me feel good when i select a pretty color in panties or socks and the closer fit of my jeans reminds me that they are something special that I do for myself. It's a way that I can "rebel" without too much danger, and perhaps send signals to similarly-minded people that it is acceptable to push the boundaries. Even though my root desire is denied me I can at least "scratch the itch."

JuliaC
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I am wondering if there are certain articles of girls clothes that I could wear that other guys don't notice but girls might. Then maybe this could help meet girls who are accepting of crossdressing...

Eryn
07-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Julia, that is an interesting concept. The only item I've had noticed by GGs are my nails which I keep slightly long and clear-polished. The comment is usually something like "your nails are nice." Since I'm married I say "Why thank you!" and leave it at that.

Dianne S
07-02-2013, 12:55 PM

Because it's fun and I like it. I can't explain it any more than I (or you, probably) can explain why we like cross-dressing.

linda allen
07-02-2013, 01:00 PM
.............. I see absolutely no point in wearing a pair of women's jeans with all male clothing ............

For some of us, they fit better or we just like the fit better than men's jeans. What I'm talking about is going out in "nice casual" clothing like to a restaurant or club, not mowing the lawn or building a deck or shed. Mostly, they are smaller in the legs and thighs and look more "dressy".

And I'm talking about the women's jeans without the decorations, just plain jeans.

That's "the point".

Jenniferathome
07-02-2013, 01:55 PM
... again never a comment....

Lack of comment does not mean lack of noticing. Anything out of place of the norm is noticed. Does anyone care to say something, is another thing all together.

Eryn
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Anything out of place of the norm is noticed.

To some extent this is true, but the viewer's interpretation is seldom "that person is a crossdresser." Crossdressing is so far from Joe Public's everyday experience that they will come up with a lot of other explanations for idiosyncracies. For example, femme jeans are not very far from the "designer" jeans sold in the "edgy young mens" stores. The casual viewer might decice that you are on the leading edge of fashion, that you are metrosexual, or perhaps gay. None of these mean a hill of beans unless the observer is someone with power over you, such as a work supervisor.

The exception to this was one time that I found a pretty purple T-shirt with gold french script writing on it at Kohls. The neck and sleeves are close to male proportions so I sometimes wear it in male mode. One time I was in a DSW en femme and encountered a GG wearing the same shirt. Luckily, I wasn't wearing mine, but if I had been wearing it in male mode I suppose I would have been busted. It would have been more humorous than frightening!

Dianne S
07-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Anything out of place of the norm is noticed.

No, not necessarily. Countless pyschological studies have shown that people often miss very blatant things simply because they're not expecting to see them. This ranges all the way from missing typos in common phrases to missing a gorilla walking across a stage while you're supposed to be concentrating on memorizing something else on the stage.

People generally have poor memories and very bad observation skills. That's why magicians get away with what they do. :)

Of course, this is just on average. The likelihood is that if you're wearing something very out-of-place, it will be noticed by a few particularly observant people.

sandra-leigh
07-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I have worn Hue jeggings a lot, with very few people appearing to notice what they were. I did have one older teen girl make some snide remarks out loud to me at a bus stop... once. Apparently one of my GG co-workers (whom I used to drop in and chat with) did notice but didn't say anything until I raised the matter myself. but with the Hue jeggings on, I walked past small posses of teen boys, and walked past some "tough guys", and walked past literal gang members, and not one of them indicated any notice.

The situation might have been different if I had bought some color other than denim blue.

MssHyde
07-02-2013, 05:28 PM
for me I wear woman's clogs every where I go except work.

woman's earrings, (dainty)

toe rings one per foot, with bright nail polish on my toes.

sometimes makeup in drab too.

some women's finger rings

even a cute short womans highlighted wig

Jamiegirl1
07-02-2013, 05:44 PM

I am either all gurl or all boy,nothing in between....

Deedee Skyblue
07-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Stephanie47
"So, please explain, why??"

Because it's fun and I like it. I can't explain it any more than I (or you, probably) can explain why we like cross-dressing.

Exactly. It is fun. Normally, once I get dressed, I totally forget that I have something girly on - and then, something happens to remind me, and it makes me smile and brightens my day.

Deedee ;)

Deedee

nethiker55
07-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Have been known to wear short jeans skirts when in drab, not just en femme

Jilmac
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
I have both ears pierced and wear rhinestone studs 24/7, I also have several pairs of women's black slacks that I wear when jeans are not appropriate. For winter wear I have women's hoodies, sweaters, and mittens and nobody seems to notice when I wear them.

NathalieX66
07-02-2013, 09:48 PM
When I'm dressed as a guy, it's the same me with no make up.

Having said that, it's usually women's jeans or shorts, women's T shirts because they fit better. Mine are really short sleeve, tapered, and big scoop or V-neck. They look metrosexual to the average eye, but are really womens' T shirts.
The rest is a pair of cubic zirconia ear studs or small hoopearrings, shaved legs, and flip-flops showing off my metallic purple pedicure.

Brenn
07-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Depends on what you mean by getting away with it. I wear the following from the women's racks in various combinations: jeans, shorts, capri pants, pantyhose, mary-janes, ballet flats, keds and running shoes. Sometimes people notice, other times they don't. I have not been arrested, beaten up or even ridiculed (as far as I know), so I suppose I have "gotten away with it."

http://brennk.polyvore.com/

KellyM
07-03-2013, 01:59 PM
I just like the feeling of wearing womens clothes. I'm usually underderssed - Panties and knee socks (tights in the winter). But the more womens clothes, the better. I like the fit of womens jeans - usually tighter. I wear some womens T-shirts - tighter sleeves on long sleeve shirts. Only problem with short sleeve T-shirts is the sleeves are usually so short it's a give-away. I have some women's slip on shoes that work.

suzy1
07-03-2013, 02:06 PM
If I wore anything slightly feminine then my family would zone in on it like a General Dynamics f16 locking onto a tank with a missile! …..Bang!!!!:eek:

CynthiaD
07-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I wear just about any kind of feminine jewelry you can think of in male mode: women's watches, charm bracelets and bracelets of all kinds, chains, pendants, necklaces, earrings, ankle bracelets, finger rings, you name it. All of it is unmistakably feminine. Over the years I've gotten exactly two comments. Once a convenience store clerk said " my that's a lovely ring you're wearing!" I smiled and said "why thank you!" Without a trace of sarcasm. Another time my boss commented on my watch, and I told him that since I broke my arm I couldn't wear male watches because they were too heavy and made my wrist hurt. That happens to be true. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Jean 103
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Flip flops , when I was young ,poor and skinny , my friends wives would give me their old and /or to tight jeans. For a time that's all I had to wear. People at work did notice (women) , but nobody said anything other than commenting on my ass, this was before political correctness.

stephNE
07-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Not to long ago, I was at a fast food restaurant, ordered my food and moved aside to wait for it to come up to the counter. A young lady in line behind me, placed her order, stepped over beside me, and leaned over and in a soft voice asked me "did you get your jeans at Dress Barn?". I smiled and said "Yes, why?" She turned pointed at her butt and said, "Cause I have the same ones!" (same pocket stitching). We both laughed.

Paulacder
07-03-2013, 04:06 PM
ladies shorts, soft material, white flip flops with very tan shaved legs......

Kandy Barr
07-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Jeans, tops, hose , shoes , pierced ears with diamond studs, radical arched eyebrows, women's ball caps, and painted toenails. I've had some looks but no one has ever said a word. Oh, I almost forgot, this is a recent development, longish fingernails ( my own ) filed rounded on the tips with a clear coat of hard as nails glossy polish.

JennaGirl
07-03-2013, 04:43 PM
If I wore anything slightly feminine then my family would zone in on it like a General Dynamics f16 locking onto a tank with a missile! …..Bang!!!!:eek:

Suzy , I know exactly what you mean. My family is the same way. My wife knows although doesnt really approve, but the kids dont miss a trick.

At work I have a friend that is also the same way. Its like there's a neon arrow pointing down at me!