PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card offers in your Femme name

Lacamas
12-19-2005, 08:17 PM
I just got my first credit card offer in the mail that is in gloria's name.
It is a Credit card offer from EBAY. It is one of the 0% offer for the first few months then it goes up to 19.99%. At least it does not have a annual fee.

The only place that i have given that full name out to was dress barn and a few forums.

Also my lacamas email address is also starting to get spammed.

So should i send it in and get a credit card that i dont need or want in gloria's name.

I was thinking about sending it in. Do one charge pay it off and cancel it.

This has also got me thinking. Does gloria now have a credit history or a credit file. And it also makes me think about the ID theft issues.
What if some moron stole my name and used it.

What would then happen.

jennig
12-19-2005, 08:53 PM
hi I also get cc offers like you said how dose sombody thats not realy real get cc offers it makes you wonder.
love jennig
ps a freind of mine got a cc offer for his dog!

Stephanie Brooks
12-19-2005, 11:20 PM
All information herein relates to credit cards in the US. Most likely things are similar in other countries.

Once you start interacting in the business world in your femme name, your identity becomes "real". It's great and it's potentially dangerous. I've carried "additional cards" to my primary accounts for years, but have only ever used them twice. Fwiw, "Stephanie" just got an offer for a card today. ^_^ It was promptly read and destroyed.

When you get an offer in the mail for a card, unless you are legally "doing business" in that name, as in you've filed paperwork, you'll be running probably in the fraud zone. Even the "pre-approved" offers require certain information.

Where do you work? Well, for me, Steve works at Company X. Stephanie doesn't work anywhere. Oh she does as she's me, but my company doesn't know that. If I say Stephanie works for Company X, when they check they'll discover it's not true.

How much money do you make? Again, Steve makes $Y. Stephanie doesn't make anything. If she suddenly made the same money Steve makes, I'd expect something from the IRS (Internal Revenue Service for our non-US sisters) come tax time.

What's your Social Security Number? I think you get the picture.

If you lie about these things, you can get in serious trouble. There is a large and powerful legal system that is absolutely intollerant of fraud. You don't want to awaken that monster.

Alternatively, for an additional card, neither employment nor earnings matter. Social Security number is mine, and relationship - they ask that - is "self". The only possible "fraud" is the use of the social security number, but it's still my number, and the records show Stephanie is Steve.

It's real easy to get caught up in the vain throes of getting a credit card in your femme name. It's also real easy to get caught up in lies and serious trouble. Credit card companies don't care who you are or how you're dressed, as long as you pay your bills on time and don't lie.