PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolution Update - Halfway There!

Bree Wagner
07-02-2013, 10:26 PM
We're just over halfway through 2013 and I thought I'd revisit the New Year's Resolutions I posted and see how I've done.

Here they are:

1) Continue telling my wife how much I appreciate her love and support and hopefully go out a few more times with her.

The first part of this I think I've accomplished, but we haven't been out again this year. There are certainly challenges that come with an extra kid who doesn't take all that well to babysitters. Hopefully it'll get better as she gets a bit older. One thing we recently signed up for was some couples counseling to help us strengthen our relationship, deal with the challenge of a second kid, and she hopes to deal even more constructively with my crossdressing. :love:

2) Get out more and meet more wonderful people.

Mission Accomplished! So many great new people in my life. Several of whom are here (Amy and Lori looking at you!) and many more outside of this forum. I'm looking forward to all the rest I'll surely meet this year.

3) Keep up with all the amazing people I met in 2012.

I think I've done pretty well here too. Lots of fun experiences with the friends I made last year too.

4) Get Bree to the top of a mountain! 14,000 feet or bust.

Not quite yet. I made it to 12,400 (Pics (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?196215-Bree-Goes-Hiking!-(Or-My-Playground-at-12-400-ft)&highlight=)) one one hike but it was too early in the year to do a 14er. I might get the chance in the next week or two. I'll have two weeks with the rest of my family visiting grandparents so I've got plenty of opportunity. Hopefully I'll get to take advantage of it!

All in all, pretty good so far. Plenty of year left. :D

How are all of you doing on your resolutions?

-Bree

Cynthia Anne
07-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Great story Bree! I'm happy for you, the way things are going! Please don't get to moving too fast or just like the mountain you could slip and fall! HEAVIN FORBID!!!!

Sandieland
07-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Bree, it looks like you have your act together! I don't have a New Year's resolution, but I do have a goal. It's a 15 month plan to reshape my life in all the ways I've dreamed of for so long. A good portion of that time is allotted for weight loss and shaping my body, but also a plan to slowly increase my wardrobe, perfect my makeup skills, grow out my real hair, perfect my voice and accomplish all those millions of things that complete the picture. And then, I know I will have to face whether I want to fully transition or not... something I need time to fully explore. So, with all that said, there is nothing about my journey so far that is anything but positive.... my nails are starting to look lovely for the first time in my life and I've been eating healthier than at any time in the past. And my desire to let the woman in me out has make me more focused than ever. Bree, keep up the good work and let your resolutions be that which brings joy to your life.

AmyGaleRT
07-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Bree, I'm thrilled for you and how well you're accomplishing your goals, and not just because you namechecked me as part of them. :) You've been a real inspiration to me; even though you do things as Bree I probably wouldn't do as Amy (and maybe not even in drab!), your example has helped me to do more as Amy than I ever thought possible. And this is just a beginning, too...

I am going to get over to the Black Crown with you soon, too. (Even though now it looks like I'm going to get there on my own first, for Lori's cabaret event. :) )

- Amy

Nataliebabe
07-03-2013, 02:31 AM
I made a resolution not to make any resolutions... ;)

Beverley Sims
07-03-2013, 02:37 AM
I got to 13,000 ft, but I took a train most of the way.
It left me a little breathless and pantless.
8 to 10 Kfeet is about my distance with any regulatity so far.

Bree Wagner
07-03-2013, 07:06 AM
I am going to get over to the Black Crown with you soon, too. (Even though now it looks like I'm going to get there on my own first, for Lori's cabaret event. :) )

Have fun! I bet it'll be a great time. I am back in town the next weekend... :)