PDA

View Full Version : I have the best wife ever...arguably :-)

mishmam32
07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
For those who have been following my little journey...this is the update. I had a talk with my wife the other night. She asked what was bothering me and I told her I was wanting to go to a support group meeting and wanted her blessing. I explained how when I told her a couple years ago that I wasn't sure she took me seriously and that I didn't really know how she felt about everything because she never really followed up with me.

She simply said, "I know you're serious, I'm not sure what to think still, and I still worry you're going to tell me you're gay in 10 years" (why 10 I have no idea). So I said well what about the support group. She says "If you want to go that's fine, I don't want to, but that's not to say I wont change my mind some day".

Once again I have made a big deal about nothing, she is so awesome and here is the kicker. While we were talking I mentioned that I had a stash of stuff. She says "Yeah, I know...I found it about a year ago" uh...HELLO! She never mentioned a thing to me until I pried it out of her. She did recon and didn't say a thing. If she found my stash, clearly she knows this is serious, yet she's cool. She said she just wanted me to understand that it was our secret, and she would never tell a soul. She said she don't understand why I do it but understands that I don't either.

I love her so much. I am truly blessed.

So my advice to those others out there that might be struggling with this: A) My results may not be typical B) You are probably more judgmental than she is C) Love really does conquer all.

So....looks like I'll be stepping out soon, now I'm really freaking nervous ;-)

Beverley Sims
07-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Mishell,
Take care and go slowly as you advance.
You do not want your wife to make a reversal in her decisions.
She is still unsure of herself I believe.

CherylFlint
07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
It has been my personal experience that the closer you get to be able to “pass” with no problem, the easier your SO will come to accept you as being a sister rather than some kind of weird monster.
Your photo is of your legs, which doesn’t say anything except you’re not there yet, which may be the reason why your wife is a little hesitant.
I may be wrong, of course, but ‘been there, done that’ so I know what I’m talking about.
Do it right and you may have a new best friend.
It worked for me, but only because I learned from all of my previous mistakes.
Good luck.

Jenniferathome
07-03-2013, 05:28 PM
mishmam,

I am happy for you, really. But there are many of us here who would argue, for many of the same reasons as you, that our wives are the greatest in all the land. I'll accept that your wife is the greatest in your house;-)

kimdl93
07-03-2013, 05:42 PM
This is a good chance to do something surprisingly nice for your wife. Put your mind to it.

mishmam32
07-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Lol @ Jennifer everyone has a favorite...she is mine lol

Denise1951
07-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Sorry, no contest. I have the best wife ever !!! Last week, she treated me to my first Pedicure, then did my nails for me. She insisted I get a make up kit and is slowly teaching me things. She has known about this since 1995 and has very slowly come around to complete and total acceptance. Beverly is correct. GO SLOW , one small step at a time.

Hannah W.
07-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Congratulations Mishell, sounds like you've got a good 'un! Keep proceeding slowly, don't move too quickly & potentially undo any good feelings.

Ps - I'd argue my wife is better too, but looks like we'd all say that! :)