PDA

View Full Version : sizing help

Super Stacey
12-19-2005, 11:14 PM
hi...i am confused with sizing. what would a 38 inch waist be in a size? the hip and waist things are throwing me off, can anyone help?

classicgreysuit
12-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Well my waist varies between 36 and 38 and I can get away with a 16 size skirt - sometimes even 14 - 16 is fairly safe tho. Thats UK sizes. not sure what the US equivalent would be.

Kisses
Sarah

Angela Burke
12-20-2005, 02:41 AM
Sizing is a problem.
So called standardisation, is a joke. I am a 30" waist and should be a size 14 skirt, unfortunately nobody's told skirt manufacturers.
That's why it's best to try before you buy (if you can) or at least get a return receipt. There's nothing more annoying than buying a skirt you really like, getting home, finding out it dosen't fit and you can't return it.
Many online crossdressing stores have size conversion charts, male/female, uk/us etc. but I can't vouch for the accuracy of these.
Good luck in your search.
There's nothing more comfortable to wear than a nice, properly fitting skirt.

Love Angela XX

Billijo49504
12-20-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm about a 36 -38 and I have on a 14-16 size skirt. Go to Lane Bryant, they don't have a problem letting you try stuff on.

Leilani68
12-20-2005, 03:18 AM
Most, girls Sizes are as follows:
Skirts measured by hip, as are pants & Shorts (Girls do not wear on waist).
Blouses, Dresses are done by bust size (Band not cup).
Hope this helps, also be sure to try before you buy whenever you can.
To do the above, frequent a few smaller stores and build up a repetoir with
them.........:)
I am a 30" waist and easily fit in clothes sized 4-8 (ie. Small).
Bust Line is a 34.
I am a fortunate one though I have always had a feminine figure.:angel:

Wendy me
12-20-2005, 04:48 AM
here try this ....http://www.fredericks.com/services/help.asp?91

Imogen_Mann
12-20-2005, 04:55 AM
Sizing is a nightmare... and as it's already been said, it's due to the actual build properties of males and females. It's odd though, that some things fit, and some things dont.. Odd... But not supprising.

I could get away with wearing clothes borrowed from my ex, some nighties and lingerie fitted quite well even though she's nearly a full 12 inches shorter than me, and a hell of a lot lighter. I guess "one size fit's all" is not always a lie.

I'm Six Two in height, and 17 Stone, 38 inch waist 17 1/2 inch neck, I'm in a size 24 dress, which fits well, anything smaller looks damn silly...

There is another thing to mention... Dont expect all size 14's to be the same. Different shops seem to have different sizes. It's all about marketing.
In ASDA (Walmart) near here, all the sizes are Sized 'down' because thier marketing people realised that in this area there's a lot of bigger ladies, who sadly refuse to admit thier true size, and so, when they find that the ASDA size 16 fit's thier somewhat larger body, they will buy it, and keep comming back for more... as it proves to them, that they're 'only' a size 16 still.

PLEASE !!! Dont think I'm denigrating larger ladies because I'm not (I love em in fact the sexyest woman I ever met was a size 20) it's just a fact of life and marketing. It's handy for me though as it means there's all sorts of nice size 18's on the rack, that fit my size 24 body.

XX

Jayme

Stacy Lee
12-20-2005, 05:09 AM
I just found a pair of women's jeans a couple weeks ago. They were actually mistakenly put in the men's section...I didn't know they were girls jeans till I got home (some women's jeans come in sizes like '32' -- go figure :o ) and saw 'melanie bootcut' printed on the inside pocket. :cool:

I haven't taken them off...

if my waist is size 32 what's my 'girl size' in women's jeans?

Raychel
12-20-2005, 06:36 AM
I to am a 38 waist, I take a 14 or a 16 depending on the fabric and just how much stretch there is. Or how I want it to fit, snug or loose.

jackie66
12-20-2005, 06:49 AM
This sizing thing being a nightmare is exactly the reason that made me learn to make my own dresses.
There is a company in Canada, called CADTERNS. I bought a pattern sloper making program from them and it has worked wonderfullywell for me.
However, one of the directors of that firm, who goes under the title, The Sloper Lady, will, if you send your measurements, send you a sloper in your size, (padded of course). This sloper can be used by any competent dressmaker to make a dress in your size --- one that fits with comfort.
Lauraline, --Sloper Lady, Knows that I am transvestite, and have had great success in using the program, so dont be afraid to tell her your needs in needing a sloper to make female garments to fit your male body form

Drucilla
12-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Remember that "cut" has a lot to do with how clothes fit.
"Low cut " pants/jeans are designed to fit a woman's hips--hence a smaller size will normally fit us perfectly.
For example--I wear a 12 low cut /boot jean but a "traditional cut" from a store like LLBean requires a 16(and that's tight around the waist). Difference being that the LLBean (read old fashion) jean is designed to sit at the actual waist level --not around your hips. Check the size charts mentioned above and look how big a 12 hip measurement is. With the "no butt" syndrome that I suffer from (and suspect many of you do as well) it makes a huge difference in selecting the right size.

By the way , if you have not purchased a pair of the new Levi's "mid rise, straight leg, stretch "jeans , do so today! They are extremely comfortable and for those of you want to wear women's jeans without people noticing , they are perfect !! Walmart has them for $17 !!