PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thought.

Raychel
07-04-2013, 06:24 AM
So I was sitting in one of the major fast food restaurants
eating my breakfast and cruisin the forum on my phone.

I come accross the thread about issues wearing a skirt in the gorcery store.
Got me thinking as I was looking around the restaurant, Just everyday people
starting their day.

One well dressed woman in a long skirt and a nice top.
A couple construction workers, too lazy to even tie there shoes.
Another young man very loose shorts, hanging somehere off his backside, underwear
showing, not so clean tank top.
Another older man, Looked to be in a swim suit and a t-shirt.
And an older gentleman, appeared to be handicapped, In jeans and a shirt.

So out of all the people there, the only 2 that I would say were dressed
properly, were the well dressed woman and the handicapped gentle man.

Now this thread is not supposed to be about how other people dress.
But more an observation on my part about how people present themselves.
Just how much effort these people put into their clothes selection for the day.

It seemd to me at that point in time, 3 out of 5 people jsut grabbed whatever
was close and thru it on, No effort at all. Didn't even bother to tie the shoes,
or pull up shorts far enough to cover thier underwear. They just dressed how
they were comfortable and went off about thier day. Not caring what othe people thought.

So a well dressed guy in a skirt or a dress should not be all that much of an issue
Take effort in what you plan to wear fo the day and dress how you feel comfortable.

If you feel most comfortable in a skirt and people laugh at you, Then laugh back.

At least your skirt will cover your underwear. :heehee:
And I will bet that you heels will be on properly and not just thrown on and left untied.
I will bet that the pretty top you select for the day will be clean, and buttoned properly

Take pride in how you dress and present to the world.
Personally I would much rather see well dressed people, then people that are too lazy
to get dressed properly or wear their clothes covering their underwear.

I am not saying that everyone should put on thier prettiest dress and head out to the store.

But if you are comfortable doing that, then go for it. Take pride in your style and who
cares what other people think, They obviously don't care what you think.

If they did care, I would not listening to thier untied hoes clomping across the floor.
Instead I would be listening to the sound of high heels on the floor, :daydreaming:

Ok I am done with my rant. :2c:

Kaz
07-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Good rant... and you are right!

Beverley Sims
07-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Every body to their own dress style.
Dress sensibly and enjoy life.

Raychel
07-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Exactly my thoughts Beverly

mikiSJ
07-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Nice post Rachel.

For a construction guy to have his boots untied is the same as for a gal to take her heels off. Been there, done both!

RADER
07-04-2013, 12:21 PM
As a Construction Guy for over 40 years, If the Foreman caught you with your shoes/boots untied,
you could be given a warning or sent home. It was an OSHA thing; accident prevention.
Now for a skirt. Yesterday, I was at the Grocery Store; I had on my Fem Jeans, Bra, and a guy top
that had some multi colors on it. (Hides the bra lines)
Out of say 30 people in the store, I saw 1 GG in a skirt, Most everyone else where in Jeans.
No shorts, as it was only 55 degrees and a mist of rain. It was a chilly day.
So seeing anyone in a skirt would be refreshing.
Rader

sandra-leigh
07-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Some heels do need to be tied!

(Huh. I kind of like these.)

Raychel
07-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I totally agree, I wear work boots all day long as well,
And there is nothing like taking them off at the end of a long day.
But I still manage to tie them up before I leave the house in the morning.

I think is really about how you want to feel and how you want to present to the world.
It is not really about if the construction guy ties his shoes, or if the you man pulls up his pants.

That is how they feel most comfortable, and they don't really care that I think they don't look right.
So if we feel comfortable going out in a dress, or a skirt, then so what.

Just saying...........

For some odd reason, I kinda like those heels as well Sandra.

Leona
07-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Is there a place where you can just grab whatever just like everybody else and have it be a skirt and a t-shirt? :) I can't even find any pants these days that aren't work pants, and I only wear those to work. But most of my shirts are still t-shirts, because hey, they're comfortable. :)

mikiSJ
07-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Rader and Rachel

These construction workers were at lunch, not on the jobsite.

I built homes either as an executive or business owner for over 25 years. On my jobsites: you were fired if you took a blade guard off a tool. You were fired if you brought a beer or other alcoholic drink, a joint or other drug. You were sent home if you had a dog, a radio, or minor violation of safety rules.

In my entire time as an employer, I only had one workmen's comp claim, and that was for a framer who was bit by a brown recluse spider.

These construction workers were in a restaurant.

Raychel
07-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Again, This is not about how the workers were dressed
If it had been a banker with his tie undone or shirt not buttoned all the way, it would have been the same
It is how they felt comfortable.

I wear a uniform all day and work boots as well, My boots were tied and my shirt was neatly tucked and buttoned,
That is how I feel most comfortable, to present myself to the world. Nothing against the way they were dressed.
I prefer that the world thinks of me as a neatly dressed man.

If that is what they like, good for them. And if they had been in a dress, then even better.
I guess what I am saying, whatever make you feel comfortable, Go for it.

Jolene Robertson
07-05-2013, 04:41 AM
I have to agree about being comfortable in your own skin. But I bet the young man with his hind end showing got a lot of looks and at least a few negative thoughts from some of the people, I have heard comments about that style of dress many times.

Kandy Barr
07-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Your topic got me to thinking Raychel, we who crossdress are generally very picky about our clothes, how this coordinates with that, which shoes should I wear with this, what purse would look good with this, would this shade of hose be better or maybe I should go a little darker, at times even coordinating our under garments to match our outer colors. Its no wonder we would notice what what others are wearing and how they are wearing it, is it? So, taking all these unique qualities we girls seem to have it would stand to reason we would make great fashion consultants would it not? Gee, I wonder if Vogue is hiring? I'm just saying.:daydreaming:

Raychel
07-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Interesting thought Kandy, I wonder if Vogue is Hiring???? might be something to look into:daydreaming:

Chari
07-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Raychel, Your thread offers much "food for thought"! IMO there is more to the individual being "dressed properly", not only considering what is clean, but also the event of the day, weather conditions, dress codes, safety issues, fashion and style, and "what still fits" to name a few. It is appalling that too many just "throw something on & face the world", not caring what impression they make on others, nor if it is a "dress down day" or not! As for guys showing their underwear & gals revealing more skin - perhaps they are just looking for attention/comments. No matter what we choose to wear, we should always be comfortable and confident in our attire.

celeste26
07-05-2013, 07:57 AM
What I wonder about is just what is the "dress code" for fast food stores (refuse to call them restaurants since they dont make real food.) What would a classy lady wear to such a place? Well a classy lady should not be seen in such a place! And I'll bet that "butt crack exposer" spent lots of time getting it exactly right and knew exactly how far down it could go without getting tossed out. It really is just one more genre of clothing with its own rules and such.

Raychel
07-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Maybe some of you are right, I have been to this fast food store a few mornings and the dress attire definity seems to be
VERY casual.

Shortly after I started this thread I had the opportunity to go to one of the local malls with my wife.
This thread had me think, So I did a lot of people watching, For the most part everyone, I would say was
dressed they way I would expect, No underwear showing, Sure there was a few blue haired kids.
And a few that may have not thought too much about what they put on for clothes that morning.

But for the majority all looked like they actually may have put some thought into their daily attire.
Relaxed, but dressed appropriately and casual.

Still leaves me to think, Why can't we dress like we prefer and just enjoy life

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi Raychel, Probably a lot of them were on their way to WAL*MART for the next tapping of "The People of WAL*MART" video.

Megan Thomas
07-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Can I just point out that untied shoe laces is not always a sign of laziness. For some it's because they have health issues which make shoes uncomfortable to wear with laces tied up. Just a thought...