PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance maybe???

candydawn75
07-04-2013, 07:28 AM
So I come from a VERY VERY small town. Everyone knows me lets just say I am in the public eye a ton! So we decided to move a few weeks ago and today was the first day in our new town. Well it is a large city.

I shave my legs, arms, and when I travel as today wear ladies shorts because no one knows me. So anyway I went to Wal-Mart last night to pick up some essentials for our new home. Shaved and shorts... no one even batted an eye. Where I am from just the shaved legs get a million stares. Here didn't seem as if anyone cared shorts and all. For the first time ever I felt very comfortable. Who knows is may be because there is a large LGBT population here and they are used to it. Heck I really don't care!! If I would have dressed like that back home they would have outed me in a second. Here nothing free to be me. LOVED IT!!! I honestly didn't want to move, came almost kicking and screaming, but it is what is best for my kids and wife so I get out voted, but now THINGS ARE LOOKING UP!!

Happy 4th!!!

stacycoral
07-04-2013, 07:34 AM
I understand the small small town, because that is where I live, I problem in tbouble here but just don't care anymore, I glad you had a outing that you can feel good about yourself, we are to we are, happy fourth, hugs.

PretzelGirl
07-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Keep the positive thoughts Candy! I think in most places you won't get the stink eye for having shaved legs. It really isn't that uncommon anymore. So shave away, relax, enjoy yourself, and I hope all things in your move work out for the best.

laurie01
07-04-2013, 08:01 AM
The strangers in a general population don't pay attention or they don't care if you shave your legs or arms. Its usually close friends and family that notice. At least that's what I experience. If someone asks then its really none of their business anyways. Being shaved is not noticeable but its the stubs that stick out a few days later that is.

candydawn75
07-04-2013, 09:17 AM
. Being shaved is not noticeable but its the stubs that stick out a few days later that is.

Amen to that!! lol Need a magic pill to just poof all hair gone!! lol

Thanks all!! I have to say it is nice NOT to be noticed for a change and ya'll are right it is usually friends and family that say anything.

I Am Paula
07-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I moved to a very small town. At the same time I went full time, so nobody has seen the male me. They know I'm trans, and nobody has ever said a mean word. I guess every small town is different, but the stares might be because they know you as a guy, then see you femme, and say "huh?"
Glad you're feeling at ease in your new locale. Your own comfort in your presentation is very important.

Beverley Sims
07-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Small town environment is a lot different to the city.
Everyone knows everyone else and their business.
In the city there are other concerns to think about.

Sabrina133
07-04-2013, 10:59 AM
So I come from a VERY VERY small town. Everyone knows me lets just say I am in the public eye a ton...!

I know what you mean Candy. I grew up on Army bases -- talk about small town and everyone knows your business. Lucky for me that i was a competitive swimmer while in high school so being shaved smooth was normal.

RADER
07-04-2013, 12:08 PM
My town is not real small, however because of my association with the American Legion, I am
very well known. Even my under dressing has to be watched, I get A lot of hugs, and hugs can detect
a bra, so I must use caution at all times.
Rader