PDA

View Full Version : Androgony

JuliaC
07-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Anyone aim for a more androgynous appearance as a guy. I think this would make it easier when crossdressing. Any tips to get a more androgynous look in guy mode?

Aly Cat
07-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Believe it or not, i was just looking for some more androgynous haircuts the other day asking for others on this forums input. I would love to go for a more androgynous look. If you or anyone else has any examples of a MtF androgynous look, please share!

Leona
07-04-2013, 07:06 PM
I've got hippy hair, and what people think of as hippy style. So, that works for me, I guess. My problem with trying to be more androgynous is that my face is very clearly male.

mikiSJ
07-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't think the androgynous look works too well when you are 66 y/o. I am just letting my hair grow (9" now) and let Miki show her stuff when dressed.

I Am Paula
07-04-2013, 09:46 PM
MtF androgony? Androgony is a lack of specific male and female traits/behaviour/dress/physical characteristics. It's becoming a trend among teenagers (and others) who are tired of male/female stereotypes, and hetero/homo sexual identities. Well done, it can be sexy as hell, badly done and it's another reason to be labelled gay. Androgony can't help crossdressing, cause there's no gender/sex role to cross.

GroovyChristy
07-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Look up Eagle Summers on tumblr (or google if you don't have tumblr). He's more fem than andro, but his style is super cute and inspiring. Basically my approach lately involves skinny jeans, colorful shoes (Converse in "Beach Glass" for me :)), a belt which semi-matches the shoes, and cute graphic tees from places like Forever 21. Usually a bracelet and/or necklace too.

Etsy
07-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Generally, wear what looks good on you and don't worry about browsing in the ladies or the mens departments. I am certainly no authority but that has worked well for me. If I start to look too much like I am presenting as female, someone who I trust generally tells me before I get told by someone who I don't trust. I know many people who present as androgynous and everyone of them has a different idea about mixing clothing styles from both genders. In my experience, there is no hard and fast rule regarding being in public and bending the gender rules for appearances. Be decent with people, dress respectfully, and have fun with style. You might start a trend.

Practically, shaped brows, nice nails, long hair and good posture goes a long way towards an androgynous image. And have fun browsing ALL of the clothing in department stores :).

joan47
07-05-2013, 08:27 AM
thin shaped eyebrows, pierced ears, arylic nails, shave all over including arsm, wear girls t's with scoop neck, shorter sleaves, girls jeans

Beverley Sims
07-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Girls jeans and dark tops work well.
Boots or heavy shoes are good too.
Leave your hair as long as practical for your situation.

Jaymees22
07-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't think the androgynous look works too well when you are 66 y/o. I am just letting my hair grow (9" now) and let Miki show her stuff when dressed. I agree, I tried coming up with something androgynous, took a picture, looked at it and immediately deleted it. Androgyny only seems to work on younger people, as does a lot of things.. Jaymee (I'm 68)

reb.femme
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Girls jeans and dark tops work well.
Boots or heavy shoes are good too.
Leave your hair as long as practical for your situation.

Don't fancy the andro look, as I strive to be reasonably femme in look, if not manner.

Does 1/8" or 3mm qualify as leaving my hair long? I never minded going grey, as this can be dyed. However, a balding pate can only be polished :heehee:

Reb