PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Pride 2013

rita63
07-05-2013, 05:16 PM
A week ago today was the trans march at Toronto Pride. An event not officially part of Pride but one that with the co-operation of the city police took over the main street of one of the largest cities in North America. The organizers claim it was the largest trans march ever anywhere. It was hard to tell from thee middle of it but there were a lot of people and a lot of cross dressers.
The main parade on Sun was also a long march with a lot of people. Media estimates that over 1,000,000 people watched us pas and many applauded our "Clean and Sober" banner..
I had a wonderful 5 days dressing and shopping and just feeling at ease being myself. I even got a professional bra fitting wooo hoooo.
I know other forum members were there so join in.

hugs rita:

flatlander_48
07-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I had not heard of that before. Are there any other places that do a Trans March?

I Am Paula
07-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I had a crazy busy weekend, but I got down there for a couple of hours sunday. I like saturday night the best cause it's more like the locals partying. 70,000 locals. The bars are nuts. The very best thing about Toronto pride is the feeling of safety, and community.

Princess Grandpa
07-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Sounds like such a good time.
Hug
Rita

Leslie Langford
07-07-2013, 12:11 AM
I wasn't able to attend the 2013 Toronto Pride Trans March this year, but I understand that it was a great success despite some behind-the scenes political posturing and in-fighting involving the larger LGB contingent of the Toronto Pride organizing committee.

Follow the attached link to get a different perspective of what really went down there (no pun intended - LOL!), and why the "T" group still seems to be playing the role of the poor cousin with respect to the larger Toronto Pride umbrella group...

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/why-did-torontos-pride-parade-shut-out-the-worlds-largest-trans-march

rita63
07-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks Leslie for posting the vice.com link it does tell a story of accomplishment by the members of our community. The organizers did a wonderful job.
I don't know if there are other marches but certainly events like Southern Comfort and Provincetown and groups like the Erie Sisters and Xpressions in this part of the world provide us with many safe and sane places to get together.
Hope to see more cross dressers next year in Toronto for World Pride 2014 it should be quite an event and I bet there will be trans people on Young St.

hugs rita