PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Being Transgendered

Dana
12-20-2005, 04:41 AM
Thanks for whoever got me to reading Vensus Envy. LOL! I'm SO addicted!

http://venusenvy.keenspace.com/d/20040827.html

Kim E
12-20-2005, 08:05 AM
I agree, Dana. Been one of my favorites for some time. Erin is very talented. Her trans message board is interesting. I think its more closely moderated now. In the past it was just a big flame war and haven for trolls. Looks like its been cleaned up anyway.

Kim

Dana
12-20-2005, 08:41 AM
The insight it gave me? Was just astounding! Had I had the courage to live such a life back in the 70's! For me, it was as though I was living my life all over again.

My "T" isn't such to the point that I'm attracted to guys, (just having read through it, gave me the ability to artiuclate those words) such the point, as so much I so much wanted to be a teenage girl! To just be a girl! And, to have GG friends.

Hell! I just wanted to be able to hold and have those convesrations and discussions that GG had with each other!

It wasn't so much being attracted to guys ~ which to this day I'm not~ as it was I just wanted to be a girl! And, I wanted to do girl things, ~ and I wanted to be with girls ~ as a girl!

And I still do! And, what's wrong with that?

What's wrong with a guy wanting to be like "half" of the other half of the human race?

I've lived my lived predominately male! I've lived my life for the most part as a male! I've done my (more than done my patrotic chore) ~ I've served my country! I've done my part! I've given, and have more than given!

But, yet I shudderd and hinger about walking into WalMarts about buying anthing feminnine!

The Taboo of it all!

Had God blessed me to be born a woman, I would with my mind-set, would have been a Lesbian! Men, just don't click with mentally, emotionally, pyschologically, sexuallly~! They just don't!

Katie Ashe
12-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Cool drawings, I don't have that big of an imagination :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Kera_Efflorescence
12-21-2005, 05:22 AM
I love VE (Venus Envy).

That particular strip is my all-time favorite explanation for the different types of gender and transgender individuals. I cracked up so hard the first time I read it.

... have to say, though, reading VE does make me kind of melancholy and wistful...

JoAnnDallas
12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
OMG, I spent almost all day yesterday reading each and every panel of her cartoon. Did not get anything done either. LOL. Glad I have a office, where the screen is hidden from others. LOL

I know BAD girl, Santa would not be pleased.

JoAnn

Stephenie
12-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Joann, We must have been there together. I to spend the morning reading the whole strip. When lunch came around I was so surprised at what time it was. After awhile it started reading like a book and then I guess I got lost in it. Good thing I have a private office.

steph so 1999
12-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Loved it.

jessikasummerfox
12-21-2005, 08:30 PM
I loved this webcomic too. In fact, I found out that there is a little sub-genre of these type of comics. If you check out some of the links on Erin's link page, you'll discover some of them. (One of my other favorites, which I discovered by visiting VE site, is Lean on Me. Of course, as far as I can gather, Venus Envy is one of the best and most popular.)