PDA

View Full Version : Gender Bending Anime

Aly Cat
07-05-2013, 09:38 PM
So i know it has been previously mentioned before about gender bending movies, but what about a list for animes? I know there are a bunch out there and i thought i saw someone post about "I My Me Strawberry Eggs" (which i checked out and was very good i might add.)

I also have another one to add to the list of good GB animes. Kampfer. I had originally read the manga and loved it but lost the info to it and eventually lost the name of it too. I stumbled back onto it by accident as an anime and i am super excited.

Its about this guy who is chosen by mysterious moderators to fight as a kampfer...the problem is that all kampfers are girls. Whenever there is a battle close at hand, he transforms into a cute girl. It cracks me up because of how inexperienced he is at being a girl. Its good action and a lot of all around fun. Definitely worth checking out for sure.
Heres the info if you all want to take a look...

http://www.animeflavor.com/index.php?q=node/12499

Anyone else have anymore besides these two that are worth watching?

CarmenSkye
07-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm a huge fan of Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. It's not a movie but a great anime. It's about a male student who crossdresses at an all girl school. There's also a video game, but I've yet to play it. I highly recommend the anime, though!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otome_wa_Boku_ni_Koishiteru#Anime

chloe cute
07-05-2013, 10:36 PM
I read a lot of gender bending manga not sure if they make the anime version... Hourou musuko, story about a boy who try to crossdress... Usotsuki lily, a girl who has a crossdresser boyfriend and many other...

danitvpe
07-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Hourou musuko wondering son is by far the best tg/crossdressing anime, it is a drama about a tg kid at school in love with a tg ftm girl, i felt very identified (with th mtf boy).

I love ajimes btw.

Aly Cat
07-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Ill definitely have to check those out for sure. Manga is easier to read for me since i constantly have shadows following me around and manga is more discreet than sitting there watching an anime. I love them both equally though. From what i can tell (on the 4th episode) Kampfer anime follows the manga closely. Ill definitely be checking out your suggestions. Its awesome to know that there are some more anime/manga fans out there!

Kalista Jameson
07-05-2013, 11:32 PM
I'll add my all time gender bending favorite, Ranma 1/2 by Rumiko Takahashi.

Cheers,

Kalista

Leona
07-06-2013, 12:19 AM
My daughter has gotten into gender-bending manga. She drew a gender switch picture on the mirror. She's fascinated with the idea, and I don't really know if it's because of me or if she would've been interested anyway. She passes as a boy, for the most part, though. :)

SashaJade
07-06-2013, 09:00 AM
El-Hazard is a good fantasy anime, the main character warps to a different world and just happens to look like the princess. So for most of the first series he is running around as the princess and being trained to act like her. The other part I like is the teacher that gets caught up going to the other world, is a drinker and smoker, but in the new world gets stronger the less he drinks and smokes, it a fun anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El-Hazard

xdressed
07-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Princess Jellyfish, haven't read the manga but seen the anime and really enjoyed it