PDA

View Full Version : A surprise encounter

Princess Grandpa
07-07-2013, 12:27 AM
After spending several hours preparing, we step out of the hotel for the short walk to Hamburger Mary's. as we step out onto the side walk a group of young people is passing by. The young lady looks our way and starts screaming "Oh my god! No way!

You can imagine the emotions surging through me. Preparing myself for the worst, I look her in the eye ans she says "omg you two are so cute". She was sweet complimentary and genuine. She walked over to Mary's with us Nd hung out for awhile dancing and having a good time

I was dreading that walk and these accepting exuberant young people made it really easy

bridget thronton
07-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Glad things turned out nicely

joanna4
07-07-2013, 03:25 AM
Amazing, thank you for sharing. I'd love to go to Hamburger Mary's soon.

kimdl93
07-07-2013, 07:00 AM
That's a pretty good indication of how great young people really are.

noeleena
07-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Hi,

Now youll understand why i know so many young people & talk with them. cool ...a... we have some pretty neat young people just you have to do your part as well be inviting to them as well. goes both ways,

that was lovely .

...noeleena...

Kate Simmons
07-07-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm happy the two of you had that nice experience PG. :)

Kandy Barr
07-07-2013, 07:42 AM
What, you didn't know you and your wife make a cute couple together? If only everyone would see you as the young lady did, our fears would become joy. So happy for you that you had such a positive encounter! Keep on trucking grandpa!!!! Or should I say grandma?:^5:

Lynn Marie
07-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Very cool. Another happy convert to the joy of crossdressing with friends!

JBPerry
07-07-2013, 10:41 AM
As seen by a thread I posted earlier this week, the wife and I are on a mini-vacation (which ends today :().....well since I was nowhere near base I took the opportunity to go all fem (except for my makeup and wig because I need to buy a new wig and my makeup was going to be later in the week) One day, I wore one of my blouses and skirt along with my house shoes that are like ballet flats. Didn't get any stares or screams....just one question from a little girl maybe 6-8....definitely not middle school....her only question....were my skirt and shoes comfortable!

I Am Paula
07-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Young people are exceptionally accepting, and tolerant. There have been threads here about teenagers blurting out 'OMG, look at the tranny', but that's just teenagers being teenagers, and being impulsive by nature. I've never construed it as hate, or bigotry. Most teenagers I know have at least one friend, classmate, or acquaintance with gender issues.

Sandieland
07-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Years ago, in college, I had an art history professor try to explain why people love or hate abstract or non-objective styles of art. He said: "When people say 'I hate this painting'... they really are saying 'I hate this because I'm not familiar with it' (can't see any subject matter they can identify)... and they love paintings depicting realistic subject matter because they ARE familiar with it (can recognize the subject matter). Seeing something that makes them push their boundaries of thought makes them uneasy... until they take the time to learn more, and view more types of art that go beyond their comfort zone). I remember my mom used to hate gays and their life-style (something she had never experienced first hand) - until she moved into a four-plex apartment owned by two gay men who lived downstairs from her. After about a year, one day she remarked "you know, my gay friends downstairs are really sweet"...familiarity having showed her how wrong she had been for most of her life. The same goes for anything in this world - gay marriage is now being more and more accepted as people become accustomed to it and learn that modern civilization will not crumble because of it. Likewise, I think that as people see more and more crossdressers and transgendered people out in public - the less the "shock" when they see someone who does not completely "pass" or conform with their preconceived notions of gender identity. It will just take time... and more brave gals, like on this site, to be seen out and about to make this so.

Beverley Sims
07-07-2013, 12:04 PM
A lot of younger ones that I have associated with are so accepting and cool with it.

Kristy 56
07-07-2013, 06:54 PM
like many I'be also found that the younger generation is more tolerant and accepting.