PDA

View Full Version : First time meeting one of our members

Jolene Robertson
07-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Finally met one of the girls from here in person. The wife and I met up with Marsha Friday morning and had a food time talking about our common interest and generally getting to know one another. She is a class lady and quite engaging to talk with. I was a little apprehensive meeting someone who knew “my little secrete" for the first time but it was cool and we soon became friends. We were both in guy mode and I would not have recognized her if she had not told me what to look for.
Anyway I am hoping we can get together again and maybe do some things (she knows the town a lot better than I). I’ll keep you posted and maybe we can get some other ladies from the area together as I know there are several on this forum that live in close proximity.

Hugs
Jolene

Raychel
07-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I am glad you had a good time Jolene.
Meeting in person can be nerve racking, but you
find there are some really great people out there.

I have met some from the forum, and we have become very good friends.
next time I am in the area I will send you a PM.

Thank for sharing your story

Kate Simmons
07-07-2013, 09:31 AM
I have met several members from here in both modes and spoken on the phone with many as well and it's always amazing how easy we can talk about things. Kind of like we have known one another for years, which I guess is mostly true in a roundabout way.:battingeyelashes::)

Lynn Marie
07-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Hanging out with CD girlfriends is just so much fun. "Told you so". LOL I just love sharing the experience with friends. Can't imagine doing this alone anymore. It's really nothing much more than what we do right here, just better.

Angela Campbell
07-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I have met quite a few of the people here in person. It is quite a small world we are in together isn't it?

Beverley Sims
07-07-2013, 12:55 PM
One thing is meeting first in guy mode, makes it easier later on for some reason.

PretzelGirl
07-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I have met many members from here and it never gets old. It becomes a big part of things like Diva Las Vegas for me in that the main attraction is being able to meet up with old friends and spend time with them as a group.

Bree Wagner
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Always fun to get out and meet others and using this site you at least know a bit about what you're getting into. I've met some wonderful folks through these boards and sure expect to meet more in the future. Have fun out there Jolene!

-Bree

Kristy 56
07-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Sounds like a fun time. Glad it worked out for you so well.

Farrah
07-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Sounds like fun. I wish there were some you girls were closer to me!

Marsha Marsh
07-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Hey Jolene,

It was great meeting you and your wife. She is so nice. you are very lucky to have her. I really enjoyed our meeting and look forward to our next get together. And yes, I just might try Karaoke as long as there are no recording devices around/ LOL Just wish I had more time, work and travel are eating up every minute and the family gets the rest.
Take Care,
Marsh

nethiker55
07-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Sounds like you had a nice time. I would love to meet some of our members. Nice you both enjoyed.

mikiSJ
07-23-2013, 04:09 PM
I met one of the members here last week for coffee and we had a delightful hour long conversation. We talked about a lot of transgender issues and her history of transition at very senior levels in her career and not once did we talk about nail color. I learned a lot during our conversation. It was a very nice time and I hope we do it again - soon!

Kimberly Kael
07-23-2013, 04:49 PM
I met one of the members here last week for coffee and we had a delightful hour long conversation.

Indeed we did and we'll have to do it again one of these days. It would be nice to have you over so you can meet my wife one of these days. Perhaps when they've finally filled in the "dry moat" we have going on while we upgrade our drainage system...

We talked about a lot of transgender issues and her history of transition at very senior levels in her career and not once did we talk about nail color.

Shocking, isn't it? I'd give even odds that my nails won't be painted next time, either! I always enjoy the interplay of personal history, trans topics, politics, and hobbies that take place when meeting other members of our community. Your own history covers a lot of territory and doubtless we just skimmed over the highlights. Next time we can fill in some of the missing details.

I have met many members from here and it never gets old. It becomes a big part of things like Diva Las Vegas for me in that the main attraction is being able to meet up with old friends and spend time with them as a group.

How long have you been going to Diva? It was my first real public experience and I have a lot of fond memories. I haven't been in a few years, but I understand dancing at the Paris is still a good draw years after Dayna and I started the tradition.

PretzelGirl
07-24-2013, 06:09 AM
I have been going for three years now. Planning on it being an annual thing as long as fate doesn't conspire against me. The dancing goes on. Many come for the night life. I think I am a little old for that. It would probably be "breaking a hip at the Paris". :-)

mikiSJ
07-24-2013, 12:45 PM
It would be nice to have you over so you can meet my wife...when they've finally filled in the "dry moat"

Hurry up and finish!!

Tracii G
07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
I have met a few from here face to face and its a great experience.