PDA

View Full Version : Found something but a total blank

~Joanne~
07-07-2013, 01:13 PM
My So this morning was rummaging through some bags and boxes in our spare bedroom and came across a pair of white leggings with lace running the length of the garment and in size large. It still had the CW price tag on it and was with some of her other new clothes that she was going through.

She came into the computer room with them and said "hey Joanne, did you forget about these?" which caught me off guard because she seldom uses my femme name ;)

I looked at them and said "they are yours aren't they?" She said "No, we bought these for you quite some time ago if I remember right."

For the life of me though, I can not remember buying these leggings. They are cute and such but white? surely not my first color choice ever. Puzzled as hell, because usually when we buy things we hang them right away to remove the tags and wash them before they see the closet, I sat here trying to recall buying them.

I asked her a bit ago "are you sure they weren't laying on the sales counter and the SA thought they were ours and just rang them up with our stuff?" She said "No, I remember you debating about them and they are in your size, they have to be yours".

So now I have a pair of white leggings that go with um, nothing LOL well they may go with a bunch of tops but I have no heels that would go with them unless I go black and white.

It staggers me a bit that I bought something femme and just completely forgot that I ever bought them. Has this ever happened to you? Just pick something up randomly and forgot you bought it just to find it at a later date?

I mean, I can see this happening with something non femme, it happens all the time, but not usually when I buy something femme. Now that my SO knows and all that jazz, it's not a biggie but what if she didn't? that would be a can of worms lol

Princess Grandpa
07-07-2013, 01:25 PM
What a fun surprise. I don't have enough clothes that actually fit to forget anything. *looks at all the new stuff she got in the last month and giggles.

So I have a stupid question. I thought white goes with most anything. I never paid a lot of attention to women's fashion before. *whispers* I was in denial and all

Rita

AllieSF
07-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes, it has happened to me. I buy most of my clothes from thrift stores, or on sale with deep discounts. More than once I have gone into my closets, bags, bins and whatever and found something that I did not recognize. However, most of the time it is more like, "Golly Gee! I forgot that I had these and have never worn them!"

daviolin
07-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Believe it or not. I do that all the time. I think its a age thing. Daviolin

~Joanne~
07-08-2013, 10:37 AM
So I have a stupid question. I thought white goes with most anything.

I think white does the same as black but I noticed that most of my heels are black, one pair of pink, and one pair of blue. Unless I go black and white for the whole look, I think I may need some white heels or such ;)

Last night my SO and I were out shopping and the white leggings came up and she literally started going through the women's section in search of things that could go well with white leggings lol I love this woman :D but I wish she'd be a little more low key about it all instead of the "This would go with your leggings" from two aisles over lol

Princess Grandpa
07-08-2013, 10:44 AM
I think white does the same as black but I noticed that most of my heels are black, one pair of pink, and one pair of blue. Unless I go black and white for the whole look, I think I may need some white heels or such ;)

Last night my SO and I were out shopping and the white leggings came up and she literally started going through the women's section in search of things that could go well with white leggings lol I love this woman :D but I wish she'd be a little more low key about it all instead of the "This would go with your leggings" from two aisles over lol

/giggle Julie does that sometimes too. We start out whispering but before you know it... I still get a little embarrassed but with confidence I try and adopt a fake it till you make it type of attitude

Hug
Rita

Cheryl Ann Owens
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Being 60 now, and I mean no offense to anyone, I just roll with the senior moments I have. The other day I discovered a new pair of pantyhose my wife bought me many months ago. Hey! Maybe I'll re-discover a new pair of breast forms!!! LOL!

Cheryl Ann

Tracii G
07-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Sure have but its usually sweaters.

Chickhe
07-08-2013, 11:37 AM
...she has been hanging out with another CDer behind your back...?

...its an old age thing, my father in-law just recently had a big argument with my wife and mother in-law about what he remembered happening when they attended a past family event (which they never did attend)... it was from a video I showed him on his last visit with us, but he remembered it as being there! ...I must have done too good a job recording it.

Sabrina133
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
LOL, yup, i do that as well - buy something then get home and put it away and forget about it. SO will buy stuff for me when she's shopping for herself and it ends up in her closet. It does make for some interesting surprises.

Beverley Sims
07-08-2013, 12:15 PM
You are fortunate, I say go with the flow.

Nikki A.
07-08-2013, 04:34 PM
My problem is that I can't remember where I've hidden somethings that I've bought. Or I find something and then say "why did I ever buy this"

Eryn
07-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I've done it. The worst thing is when you buy an item and find that you had a nearly identical item already in your closet!

I usually don't remove tags on outerwear until I actually wear it. That way I can be sure that a particular outfit doesn't duplicate one that I've already worn.

Laura28
07-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Hasnt happened to me yet when it comes to buying Femme cloths, but one Xmas i purchased 4 copys of finding Nemo for the kids. wrapped them all and put them under the tree. I had forgotten i purchased them and seemed like everytime i went into to a store i forgot i already got it and purchased another copy, took it home and wrapped it. that was some time ago but i hear about it every Xmas. LOL

BLUE ORCHID
07-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi Joannie, Been there and done that. And like Eryn I've ended up with duplicates.

docrobbysherry
07-08-2013, 08:32 PM
It's as obvious as the nose on your face! When u bought the tites u intended to buy white shoes!

If u still don't have any, you've disappointed Joanne!

PS: I had to have white thi highs for this, (see avatar), outfit last weekend. Had no idea I had them until I looked in my trash bag of colored tites!