PDA

View Full Version : Why do we go out in public?

Alexis.j
07-07-2013, 03:49 PM
I had a conversation with a close family member who understands I have a feminine side, and claims to support me, but, she does not like it very much, (hasn't seen me dressed completely or seen photos yet), I dress in comfy attire at home, skirt bra light makup etc.
Now, the thing is, she cannot understand why I (us) would want do go out dressed in full fem (or dressed too much for that fact, androgynous is ok though), she says why would we want to make fools of ourselves... and that I should keep it at home or in private...

Now, why do we have the urge to go out, and be seen and accepted? Is it a rush? Im still very new at this and still trying to figure it out for myself, but I don't want to hide, I want to express how I feel inside!!! Most of the time it eats at me, and keeping it in causes depression... I want people to see me for how I feel inside, and thats a woman.
I will never pass 100% as im 6ft tall, big hands feet and deep voice, but I still think I somehow look cute ( or at least feel that way)

ArleneRaquel
07-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Going out enfemme for me is an affirmation of my being "ArleneRaquel." Not that I really need it as I live nealry 100% as a female. I just love living this lifestyle, it is so liberating.

Rachelakld
07-07-2013, 05:10 PM
We go out because we are very much human and as such have a need for human contact and acceptance. This is the same reason we allowed gays etc the right to go out.

Kandy Barr
07-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Its a good question Alexis, I like Arlene's answer of it being an affirmation of being who we are. For me I think I have to add acceptance as part of that equation,whether I pass 100% or not. Like you I'm going to stand out no matter how carefully I dress, apply makeup, or add shape wear as I'm over 6' and I'm 61 yrs young!!!:battingeyelashes: I, like you, want to be accepted for how I feel, and to me its a shame to have to keep the woman in me hidden like there is something wrong or shameful in being the person I am. There's nothing to be ashamed of, there's nothing wrong with what we do, so I for one am not going to hide in a closet. I do the best I can in being presentable and will just have to let others think what they will. If you are curious about how another tall girl doing the best she can looks, you can peek at some pics by clicking the flickr link at the bottom of the post. Good luck in your adventures out and about, please do remember to keep safe.

Kate Simmons
07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
The reasons we go out in public are various and sundry my friend. Some want to fool others, some think they need to "prove" something, Others, like yourself, just feel they are a woman and want to be accepted as such by expressing themselves. Personally, going out in the general public per se never did that much for me and I find endlessly shopping in stores to be quite boring. I would rather spend quality time en femme with like minded folks and not waste my energies trying to get by or along with others who don't appreciate me and who cannot possibly understand why we do what we do.This is why when I get dressed, I normally go the my local LGBT club to dance and socialize as I really love to dance. That my story and I'm stickin' to it Hon. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Khaleesi81
07-07-2013, 06:06 PM
It's a complex question! I agree that it's probably slightly different for all of us. I have no idea why I'd like to go out dressed, maybe to feel an acceptance?

PretzelGirl
07-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Personally, going out in the general public per se never did that much for me and I find endlessly shopping in stores to be quite boring.
This is why when I get dressed, I normally go the my local LGBT club to dance and socialize as I really love to dance.

Wouldn't that be "going out in the general public?"

But it does bring an interesting dynamic as we all feel differently. As others say, some like to go to see how they pass, others because they don't want to be shut-in while being themselves. A lot of this relates to how you feel about what you do. And it also very much comes back to the reasons why some do go out at all. I know it sounds kind of obvious, but I think the default thinking tends to be not going out because that is the mode for erring on the side of safety. In other words, I doubt there are those of us going out that feel they would rather stay at home but there are definitely those staying at home that have the desire to go out.

The main thing is that you should be able to do what you want to do. If you want to go out for whatever reason, even if it is just for the heck of it, then you should be able to do it. The one catch is that you have to be sure you are ready for any outcomes that present themselves to you. If you aren't, stay home. There are reasons there are many here that don't go out. And every reason for going out or staying in is a good and valid one.

Sharon B.
07-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Although I haven't mingled with the general public when dressed as a woman, but hope to in the near future. To me it is how I feel on the inside, somewhere in a previous life I had to be a woman it just feels right whenever I am dressed as a woman.
I am also over six feet tall with a deep voice but still think I can be who I am and be the person I want to represent regardless of what I was born as.
I have seen some woman that are tall and they carry themselves with confidence and I believe I can do the same thing.

TGMarla
07-07-2013, 06:35 PM
I really don't go out much. But for me, going out is on some level, an attempt to experience the world as it might have been had I actually been born female. I absolutely love wearing dresses and high heels, et al. I like everything about the female presentation, right down to the pretty fingernails. It sometimes feels so wrong to me that I can't simply choose to wear such things without having to crossdress. So often, I feel that I should have been born female. To actually go out into the world where everything really takes place, and to do so "as" a female, is an incredible rush to me. And, of course, on some level (sorry for the redundancy there) it feel so right to me.

RenneB
07-07-2013, 06:41 PM
'cus I've got stuff to do... The butterflies left me months ago and now I go out to go shopping, the mall, errands, shopping, museums, GNOs and stuff .... that's why...

Renne......

Kristy 56
07-07-2013, 06:43 PM
I really don't know why,but I suspect for me it was for the adrenaline rush that comes from taking on risk. Kind of like a skydiver,scuba diver etc. It's been awhile now,but I do miss the excitement of being the total Kristy out there in plain sight.

Eryn
07-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Everyone has a different reason. I do it because I have come to crave interaction with others. It's not about simply looking like a woman, it's about the whole experience. Problem is, the more experiences one has the more possibilities reveal themselves!

Oh, and I certainly do not "make a fool of myself" any more than a less-than-attractive GG would going out in public. :)

Emjay
07-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Good question! You'll probably get as many different answers as there are members here too haha... I guess for me it's a mixture of several different things: validation, socialization, being me, and just getting out of the house (I mean, c'mon, I just spent ALL this time getting dressed to just sit around and do nothing? Well, sometimes that happens too but you know ;) ).

Sometimes it's just nice....... to be outside and be me.... I think this is probably my best reason actually.

I could compare this to the classic answer to why do people climb a mountain? Answer: Because it's there :)

Leona
07-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I like the "because I have stuff to do" reason. That's why I currently do it.

I think that there's a fundamental acceptance issue that you'll find almost everybody has, because it's a natural, normal drive for humans to seek out membership in a group. And being accepted completely in that group is certainly part of it. Whatever other reasons are built upon that or coexist with it are all quite valid as well. I'm suggesting that without that fundamental acceptance issue, the drive wouldn't be nearly as strong as it is.

For reference, the need to be accepted into a group plays into all aspects of life. It's why we seek to join teams (at work, for most people), why we try to identify with a nationality, ethnic group, religious group, etc. It's why we have these rivalries between sports teams and schools and even businesses. It's why we had a civil rights movement, women's suffrage movement, and now the LGBT movement. It's also why we have gender roles and their associated traits.

It's the foundation of civilization as we know it, and without this need, there would be no civilization at all. Or rather, the dominant species would probably be a coalition of the great apes and we would be referred to as bushmeat.

So it's quite reasonable for us to want to go out en femme and be accepted. We're humans, after all.

Going on, this need is reflected in many mammalian species. Wolves travel in packs for a reason. Cattle in herds, etc. Birds, while not mammals, still group together for their bi-annual migrations. Lions, tigers, and bears all collect into groups. Whales, even (although the humpback whale made famous by Star Trek is mostly a species of loners, they still group together for annual mating riturals). So it's not just natural and normal for crossdressers, it is natural and normal for a great deal of the world we live in regardless of species.

So I'd suggest it's your close family member that's the one having the problem. It's certainly not us.

Dana L
07-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Great Question! It's like you were reading my thoughts. I still haven't really gone out yet and my wife isn't all for it either but hasn't forbid it. Like you I am 6'+ with large hands and feet and not a very feminine voice. None of that matters though. I've got this need to go out and be the woman I should have been. The clothes the heels the makeup and hair is only part of it. I just feel at ease when I'm dressed and want to feel that way always. If I could make this all go away I would but I've tried and it is part of me and that part won't rest until it can be free. I know I'll never pass but I think dealing with the looks from others is better than dealing with the resentment from within. So yes someday I will be out even if that day is when I'm lying in a casket dressed to the nines with perfect hair and makeup.

Miss Trudy
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
This one is a toughie! I have been thinking about this for a lot of years and although it is an affirmation of my feminine side to me there is more. I feel the reason I go out is my acceptance of myself, who I am and how I enjoy being as feminine as possible. I have been told I am passable but that is a trite term and really doesn't mean anything to me. I am who I am and accept it. I have and believe me I struggled with that for years as I am sure all of you have. :)

Alberta_Pat
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
My answer is: "I am who I am."

Take me or leave me. If you take me, then you will meet an interesting person, well educated, well spoken and all round great person.

Walk by? You don't know what you missed, but, I know what I missed, and I really don't miss it.

Alice Torn
07-07-2013, 08:09 PM
The risk and daring of it. The excitement mixed with fear of the possible embarrassment. Like Marla says, the desire to see what it would have been like to experience life as a well dressed lady. Most times, i chicken out. I pick my outings very carefully, at six foot five, huge hands and feet, pretty much male voice, though i try. Being a shut -in gets old, and it gets old. I don't get dressed up as often as i used to, as it robs me of other more important duties, and on a fixed income, hurts! The rush of being dressed in public is something amazing, though, as long as certain people don't out me!

AllieSF
07-07-2013, 08:42 PM
My goal when starting dressing was to out into the real world to those places where I would go in male mode. Why? I am not sure but it is made up of a lot of reasons, such as:

* I want to and I can, so I do
* I have so much fun out interacting with others
* Having fun makes me feel good
* Probably for some validation that I can blend in fairly well and feel that I have a decent taste in clothes and complete outfits
* I am a very social person who needs interactions with others
* I don't really think about acceptance or tolerance because it is not that important to me. Being myself out has proved that I am tolerated and even accepted
* It is definitely a rush of different intensities depending on how the outing goes
* Probably a small element of risk taking, i.e. doing something that very few actually do and get away with

Sejd
07-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Going out in public is to know I exist. To know I am for real and not just dreaming at home. I make sure I have public experiences on a regular basis. I'm OK about people looking at me like I am a TG, or CD or whatever, cause that is what I am. I would go nuts if I didn't get to be public sometimes. Of course, everyone is different.

Asp
07-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Hey sweetie (long time no talk)! To be honest, if you're like me and think you are a woman imprisoned in the wrong body, you probably want to go out because you've stayed in your male "costume" for far too long and just want to be yourself (atleast that's how I feel).

Love you sweetie!
Asp

Alexis.j
07-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks for all the responses, sometime people don't have a clue how we feel inside. They might understand the "you were born that way and there's nothing wrong with that" but it goes much deeper than that, as we clearly see...

Cheryl T
07-08-2013, 08:00 AM
We are social beings and crave the company of others.
We want to interact with others, be it in the social vein of a support group or just out walking in the mall.
Some don't feel the need, but many others do. It's not to subject ourselves to ridicule, but to be a part of the world in all ways.

dawnmarrie1961
07-08-2013, 08:20 AM
A long time ago...we're talking years...my oldest sister, after first finding out about me and having done some internet research on the subject asked me a similar question "Why do you go out in public? Is it because you like the shock value that happens when people realize who you are?"
My answer to her was "I don't do this for them...or anyone else. This is not about them. This is about "Me" feeling comfortable with myself. I'm not out there to deceive anyone. I know who I am and who I am not."
"What about the ridicule that people will throw at you? Can you handle that?"
"I can and I have. People are entitled to their own opinions. I'd be lying if I didn't say that it hurts me sometimes. But that is just a fact of life. Ignorant people say ignorant things."
"Well you make an ugly woman anyway." She added.
"Thanks,Sis."I said "You're really a confidence booster but I love you anyway!"

lisagurl
07-08-2013, 08:36 AM
never went out dressed, cept for under my clothes, id like to, dont know where to start though....

linda allen
07-08-2013, 08:52 AM
It's been said several times, we all have our own reasons so the responses will be as varied as the membership here.

Me, If I go to all this trouble to try to look like a woman, going out in public is a test of how well I've done. Do I get friendly smiles or disapproving glares? Do people pass on by as if they've just seen a woman on the street or do they turn around and stare or point?

There's certainly some excitement to it although I'm sure the more one does it, the more "normal" and the less "exciting" it will feel.

Lynn Marie
07-08-2013, 08:54 AM
It's an adrenaline rush and high adventure. Still remember the first time I looked down at my heels clicking on the sidewalk rather than on my kitchen floor. The first time out on the street in a large crowd of people. My first time seated at a mainstream restaurant. I go out to meet up with CD girlfriends, we like each other, and we thoroughly enjoy the adventure together.

Rebecca Star
07-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Living where I am...hmmm think of a redneck town, x's that by 10 and that's the general mentality here. So venturing out enfemme is not an option. Still I think we all like to be accepted for who we are, no matter what that involves. My SO is in the loop as far as Rebecca and finally accepts that she's part of me, not a separate person. Again, it's that acceptance which I think all people crave, not just CD's et al.

hugs

x

Rebecca Star

Sabrina133
07-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Becasue am not a shut in -- i enjoy being with people. When first starting to go out, it was a rush, something forbidden and terribly exciting. Now its just what i do. I still enjoy being asked to dance by a hot guy but what girl doesn't?

Caroline-Grant
07-08-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't know what this friend of yours is talking about most crossdressers who enter the public look better than some of the girls who go outside. Personally I've been told I'm very confusing. As to the question we can't collectively agree on a reason so I'll give you mine. I go out in public because A) I look better in a dress than a pair of slacks B) I love to get dressed up (even in regular guy clothes) and see the effect on other people it takes me back to my childhood halloweens and finally C) I'm not worried about what other people think of me.

Chickhe
07-08-2013, 10:15 AM
First, the reaction she has is one of ignorance. She has this view of the obviously male crossdresser depicted in the media. But, besides her negative attitude, the question about going out is valid, except she was really asking 'why do you want to look like a fool?' The answer is, nobody wants to look like a fool, to be laughed at or treated poorly. She is making the wrong assumption, that these things will happen.

But, to answer the other question, the real answer is 'why not go out?'. In the world we live in, there is so much variety and people are generally respectful, there are many answers as to why, but really, why not?

Personally, the only thing that ever held me back, was fear. Otherwise, I get a kick out of it, it is a challenge to try to pass, it is an escape unlike anything else you can do...like having an invisibility cloak, you can experience social differences first hand. Its also a statement on some level that challenges the bigots because hiding only re-enforces the view that its wrong, when it is harmless fun.

Lorileah
07-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I would ask the question in reverse. Why should we NOT go out? Again, everything here is basically the same ignorance and lack of understanding that many other minorities have had to endure. In this age, it seems that the ignorance and misinformation is getting worse ( I blame the media and the fact that nothing gets checked prior to hitting the airwaves or internet). Whereas, in the 60's there was a great push to equalize the world. Now there is a greater push to isolate and separate people. It is easy to to blame someone else for your hardships. It is easy to FEAR that which you don't want to understand. The use of blame and fear is how those who crave authority keep the others in line.

Your family member has something that someone could use against them. Lets just use the fact she is female. Does she realize that in a large portion of the world she could not go out without certain restrictions. Only due to her gender. Nothing else, no matter how she looks or how intelligent she is or how high in the social register her family may be. We don't understand why in western civilization but it makes sense in the countries who follow this. So would she not want to be able to go out and be herself in public?

Why do I go out? Because I have a life. I am a human being who deserves the same treatment as other human beings. The ability to interact. The right to not have to hide because a few ignorant morons think they know more about the greater celestial mix than others. It isn't rocket surgery. It is being human. Why should I hide because she feels that I should not go out? Why does she think that there is something "wrong" with others she does not understand?

It amazes me that in today's world, ignorance is still so rampant. In actuality getting worse because we have become a smorgasbord society where we can pick and choose what we see and think and we don't attempt to get both sides. Those hippies of the 60's who had ideals of a better world? They are now the ones with corporate jobs and material possessions and who go to church and listen to certain media, because they are now afraid they will lose those possessions they once condemned others for having.

So when she says she doesn't understand why we "have" to go out...just agree and try and explain that we are human also.

Debra Russell
07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
I go out in public because i, can and it feels normal - as far as affirmation goes I just got the best, my wife said "you can wear anything and look good" when we were shopping and suggested she might like something I selected that she might like - but not...........................Debra

kimdl93
07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
I think you answered the question pretty well. You go out to express how you feel about yourself. Sure some people go out for the rush, but while, I don't go out expecting to pass, I do go out with the expectation that I'll be able to experience real life in the greater world as a woman. Its not important for me to have other people see me and know that I'm transgendered, but it is meaningful for me to interact with other people and feel that I'm treated well, accepted as a person.

And I agree with Lori's comment. We're inhabitants of this planet, and I think, fully entitled to be part of life...not prisoners to our homes.

shawnsheila
07-08-2013, 12:16 PM
For me, going out is just a way to be me. Sheila is part of me and need her space to go shopping etc and why should she not be? Go out and be who you are as long as you dont go to jail or may be in physical danger for being who you are... There were/are some very brave souls that have done this for our community here in the US before and I am very grateful for being able to be out relatively safely in my state/city as well as the other cities/states I have visited as Sheila

Beverley Sims
07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Because that is what girls do.
When I am sporting a pair of boobs, I'm a girl. :)

Princess Grandpa
07-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Great Question! It's like you were reading my thoughts. I still haven't really gone out yet and my wife isn't all for it either but hasn't forbid it. Like you I am 6'+ with large hands and feet and not a very feminine voice. None of that matters though. I've got this need to go out and be the woman I should have been. The clothes the heels the makeup and hair is only part of it. I just feel at ease when I'm dressed and want to feel that way always. If I could make this all go away I would but I've tried and it is part of me and that part won't rest until it can be free. I know I'll never pass but I think dealing with the looks from others is better than dealing with the resentment from within. So yes someday I will be out even if that day is when I'm lying in a casket dressed to the nines with perfect hair and makeup.

Sweetie I hope it's long before that and I hope you have a marvelous time

Rebecca Watson
07-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Now, the thing is, she cannot understand why I (us) would want do go out dressed in full fem (or dressed too much for that fact, androgynous is ok though), she says why would we want to make fools of ourselves... and that I should keep it at home or in private...

Personally, I don't think it's weird. In fact, in this day and age, I think it's the people who think it's weird who are the weird ones. Imagine saying something like "I'm happy for you to be gay at home, but why do you have to go out in public, act all 'gay' and make a fool of yourself?" Wouldn't you think that they're the weird one? Saying this is simply not acceptable in modern society (excluding some backwards countries); sooner or later the same will apply to transgendered people.

I go out as a girl for the same reasons I'd go out as a guy (e.g. I need to buy something, just for fun, and so on). Further, I have additional motivation: e.g. it takes me ages to get dressed up, and someone better appreciate it!

- Becky

Princess Grandpa
07-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Why do I go out in public? I guess I go out because Julie really digs it. We went out walking Fremont st. By the time we got back to the room I was nearly catatonic. We went out again en femme last Saturday. We went to Hamburger Mary's tgirl Saturday. This was the exact opposite. I had such a good time. I am hoping if I spend enough time here my comfort level will rise and I can take Julie out in the real world someday.

melissakozak
07-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Going out in public is NOT an option for me, and I take this very seriously, as I would transition if I was younger and hadn't constructed a pretty kick ass male life....one I am unwilling to unwind at this point, so I compromise by not living full time but by living part time, I have to go out, too. It is fun, validating and gives me a mirror for my inner self....

BLUE ORCHID
07-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi Alexis, It's like having our dance cark punched getting validated .

irene9999
07-08-2013, 10:56 PM
For me, I think something in me craves experiencing the world as my female "alter ego".

AmyGaleRT
07-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Having awakened the Amy-self within my soul, it's only natural that she'd want to go out. There are places to go, things to see, and shopping to be done! :)

Here at home, I can look like Amy, and even practice acting like Amy. But, when out in the real world, I am being Amy, bringing together everything I know and everything I have to try and project the image my femmeself wants to project.

Oh, I used to be afraid, and think, "I'll never go out!" But, after a number of excursions out, some of which have been very female-affirming, I'm not afraid anymore. As I once pledged to my sister Anne months ago, Amy has walked the streets, head held high, and, deus volent, will continue to do so.

- Amy

Alexis.j
07-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Sometimes I wish I was living alone in a secluded area where nobody knows me... but that's also not possible... I'm glad that I'm divorced as well, she always had some crapy comments to make too, and she would never have accepted me for who I really am.
So, I guess its pretty normal the way I feel and the going out part of it... As most said, we are also humans and need to get out, in the general public. I don't feel I should crawl into a cave and hide myself away from society because I'm different,,,, I have always been I bit different and don't like how everyone has to conform to a set standard.
Thank for all your input and comments.

And by the way: after letting my inner girl surface, I have noticed a rather significant personality change, I no longer let people walk over me, and also seem to worry less what others think of me (compared to how I was before), I seem to be stronger mentally than he was (but these things still get to me at times)
Tata for now, Lexi

Brooklyn
07-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Because girls just wanna have fun! I don't dress up at home. I need to interact with other people en femme, usually in an exciting but relatively safe place. It is a blast and I would be sad if I couldn't.

I also find the question off-putting, since it is my right to express myself, and it insinuates we are fetishists. I'm GLAD and PROUD to be a CDer! Having some innocent fun is my small reward for the confusion that being T causes in my life.

linda allen
07-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Living where I am...hmmm think of a redneck town, x's that by 10 and that's the general mentality here......

If you're so unhappy and out of place in your town, why don't you move to a more sophisticated and accepting town or city? Life is too short to be trapped where you don't fit in. Find a place where everyone is just like you and be happy.

BTW: "Rednecks" have spread to Australia ? I guess we're really coming up in the world. :D

linda allen
07-09-2013, 08:37 AM
................... Those hippies of the 60's who had ideals of a better world? They are now the ones with corporate jobs and material possessions and who go to church and listen to certain media, because they are now afraid they will lose those possessions they once condemned others for having...................

It's funny how the young people "know it all" and yet as they age, reality sets in and their outlook changes. ;)

Karen Jane
07-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Maybe this is a too simplistic answer for some of you but the truth is I go out in public is because I can! :D I spent many a year closeted because of family situations and the fears of discovery and the whole rest of it I am sure many of you have wrestled with but now I have the opportunity to express my feminine side I just love doing it!

At 5'11" in my stocking feet I am not sure I would term myself as "passable" but that doesn't hinder me from being me. :)

linda allen
07-09-2013, 08:45 AM
I had a conversation with a close family member who understands I have a feminine side, and claims to support me, but, she does not like it very much, (hasn't seen me dressed completely or seen photos yet), I dress in comfy attire at home, skirt bra light makup etc.
Now, the thing is, she cannot understand why I (us) would want do go out dressed in full fem (or dressed too much for that fact, androgynous is ok though), she says why would we want to make fools of ourselves... and that I should keep it at home or in private...........

Your family member is no doubt thinking of the "sterotypical" crossdresser with the six inch heels, miniskirt, and hooker makeup. Even in my biased opinion, I think a six foot tall crossdresser dressed like a hooker is making a fool of himself.

Perhaps if you dress for her she will see things differently. Perhaps not, but at least you have the chance to educate her that not all crossdressers dress like hookers.

Alexis.j
07-09-2013, 09:10 AM
To Linda: That thought was crossing my mind as well, if she saw the real me... but I doubt it would make a difference. .. she used to work with dragqueeens / transvestites when she was young "hairdresser" and claim to know a lot of how they are and are treated and made fun of.
I like my heels, but don't dress ****ty though, im equally happy with flats/sandals or even my 2" heels...

linda allen
07-09-2013, 09:13 AM
To Linda: That thought was crossing my mind as well, if she saw the real me... but I doubt it would make a difference. .. she used to work with dragqueeens / transvestites when she was young "hairdresser" and claim to know a lot of how they are and are treated and made fun of.
I like my heels, but don't dress ****ty though, im equally happy with flats/sandals or even my 2" heels...

She knows you dress so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Just be as conservative as possible the first time. If she doesn't have a fit when she sees you the first time, get her into the habit of seeing you dressed. You may be able to change her outlook.

Alexis.j
07-09-2013, 09:58 AM
She has seen me dressed very lightly in public with obvious bcup breasts and light makup, but not to the point of wig and heels yet... whenever im at home, I wear female attire though.
Its the whole package that I want to express, and im not happy with just wearing panties or so called underdressing only.

KarenCDFL
07-09-2013, 03:08 PM
My wife and I used to go out quite a bit to the local Gender and Fetish clubs in our area and we always had a blast.

Honestly, it became common place for us to go and as time went on, going out was not such a big deal.

Unfortunately, all of our great night spots are long gone but I also don't feel the need to go out much anymore.

linda allen
07-10-2013, 05:20 PM
She has seen me dressed very lightly in public with obvious bcup breasts and light makup, but not to the point of wig and heels yet... whenever im at home, I wear female attire though.
Its the whole package that I want to express, and im not happy with just wearing panties or so called underdressing only.

I don't think going out in public as half man, half woman is helping your cause. Dress as conservatively as you can (as a female), but with a wig and breasts and padded panties. Wear enough makeup to cover any beard shadow but don't overdo the eye makeup, cover your legs if they are not shaved, and lose the heels. Wear flats.

I think that's your best chance of getting her acceptance or at least tolerance. Once sge gets used to that look, you can ramp it up a bit if you want. Still, keep it looking like a normal woman for the time and place.

Alexis.j
07-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Tnx for that advice Linda, I think you are rite with that one.. 50/ 50 is not that great of an idea anymore, I think... I don't think people get the whole picture either, maby they think Im just different...

Pamela Thomas
07-11-2013, 07:56 AM
I go out because I love to be a woman. It is wonderful to hear "can I help you maam" or "you look so nice, I just love your dress'. Being seen, recognized, and treated in a softer manner as a woman is great. Wearing a skirt, top, pumps, with a foundation of girdle, bra, and pantyhose making a swishing sound along with the sound of your heels on the floor is all woman.

Claire Cook
07-11-2013, 08:35 AM
So often, I feel that I should have been born female. To actually go out into the world where everything really takes place, and to do so "as" a female, is an incredible rush to me. And, of course, on some level (sorry for the redundancy there) it feel so right to me.

I go out as a girl for the same reasons I'd go out as a guy (e.g. I need to buy something, just for fun, and so on). Further, I have additional motivation: e.g. it takes me ages to get dressed up, and someone better appreciate it!

- Becky

Having awakened the Amy-self within my soul, it's only natural that she'd want to go out. There are places to go, things to see, and shopping to be done! :) Oh, I used to be afraid, and think, "I'll never go out!" But, after a number of excursions out, some of which have been very female-affirming, I'm not afraid anymore. As I once pledged to my sister Anne months ago, Amy has walked the streets, head held high, and, deus volent, will continue to do so.

- Amy

Marla, Becky and Amy pretty much sum it up for me. It's just feels right when I am in the "female world", and I love interacting with women. And yes, Amy, if (when) they see I'm a guy who looks probably OK as a woman, and they know what is involved, I appreciate it!

Carla4Guage
07-11-2013, 08:56 AM
I've been out several times in the past years. The first couple of ventures I avoided people, I went to a nearly abandoned park and took a few pictures when I determined that there was no one who could see me. My next adventures were semi public; I filled up the gas in my car late one night and another time I walked around downtown in early evening when there were very few people there. Eventually I started walking into the mall and realized that no one was paying any attention to me, from there it progressed to talking to sales people when they asked if they could help. That was the first time I KNOW that someone realized that I wasn't a GG, but by then I was ready to accept that it was going to happen eventually. After that interaction I realized that some people are going to accept you and some probably are not, but at least I can be who I am and be out there happy.

Julogden
07-11-2013, 09:03 AM
We want to go out in public for the same reasons that anyone else wants to.

Carol

Lacyfem
07-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Some go out to flaunt it, some to test the waters to see if they are really passable, and others just want to be accepted for who they are. It's an individual thing as some of us who have a hard time being passable and would like to join the public don't want to be stared at and laughed as and I've seen this happen. Not to me but a few I've seen. My few outtings have been in evenings when things are quiet and do get noticed but nothing outreogeous has become of it. It also is a rush as when you're out as a man your whole life and have all these fem feelings, and then to be out as a woman it's quite exhilerating to be fully dressed hoping to be accepted by the public as a woman. That said being over 6' tall and looking decent when dressed I stlll stand out so have to be descrete as people can be cruel and that's not what I'm looking for. So, there is no law saying we can't dress the way we want to and go out in public so if you are so inclined, do it girls and have a good time.

HelenR2
07-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Why do I go out in public? Have you ever broken a leg or twisted an ankle and been stuck in the house for weeks or even months? Do you remember looking through the windows at the people lucky enough to be outside going about their daily lives? Didn't you YEARN for that simple freedom? In the words of Hannibal Lector... 'What do we covet Clarice? We covet what we see every day'.