PDA

View Full Version : Enlightening chat with the wife.

candydawn75
07-08-2013, 06:48 AM
So the wife and I were driving yesterday and had about an hour or so just to ourselves. She had had a few to many to drink the night before and you know how people get all mushy and gushy and Candy came up. She went on and on about things she liked about me CDing. I didn't take a whole lot of stock in it since as I said she was ummm more than tipsy.

As we were driving I decided to bring it up about Saturday night and what she had said. We opened up and had a GREAT convo about it and I learned a ton that may help you ladies that are having issues getting your SO to understand.

First honesty about EVERYTHING!! I didn't tell her about this forum and it hurt her. I explained that I needed this to know that I wasn't the only one. She totally understood but asked that ANYTHING with Candy to just BE HONEST!

Second, the reason women wear makeup is to hide a flaw or make them feel prettier because they are insecure about themselves. CDing has made me understand that need and she loves that. She feels now that I dress I have become more understanding of her any my daughters need to look and feel pretty.

Lastly clothes are just that clothes! Not to get religious, but she said if Jesus can wear a toga that looks like a dress why can't you. Sometime somewhere someone decided that guys wear pants girls wear dresses and here we are. She brought up the point of how many times does she or any other woman grab a guys shirt and wear it and considered "cute". They even have "boyfriend" shorts so women have a way to wear guy shorts and not be judged.

Just had to share!! GOD I LOVE THAT WOMAN!!

kimdl93
07-08-2013, 07:13 AM
She's a great person, tipsy or not!

BLUE ORCHID
07-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Hi Dawn, It sounds like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

noeleena
07-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi,

Yes clothes are just that clothes & whats it to a sack of beans a sack it dont care, nore should we,

As to makeup. yes manly to cover up or cover a insecurity we have, i saw makeup as to hide who the person was presenting more so the wig, yes did 11 years, did not change who i was / am .

now no makeup or hair . wig, dont have the insecurity ether, its about the person not what you may think your trying to be,
just being your self who you are works best when you accept that, i'v got to many flaw's, no makeup will ever cover, so why make it worse than it is, so its back to being accepted,

...noeleena...

Chari
07-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Candydawn, Continue with the great (or even OK) communications - regardless of how much "brew" has been ingested. There is always something new to learn from both sides.

deebra
07-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Wonder why all those other wives and SOers can't be as understanding as your wife????

Andy66
07-08-2013, 08:03 AM
How nice. Yes, honesty is very important to women. Alot of guys underestimate how much of a difference it can make.

Debra Russell
07-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Note: need to get wife tipsey..............................Debra

4mymichelle
07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Hi Candy,

Glad to hear that you had this enlightening conversation with your wife. Honesty is always the key to someone so close to you. Sometimes we fail to give them enough credit for their love and support. They are definitely gems!

Take care,
Michelle

Chickhe
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Its great you can discuss it openly.

Don't fall for the honesty bit... You are allowed to do research on your own and not offer up every detail. She won't tell you everything her and her girl friends do, think or say either. My point is, you have to share on some level, its all part of what makes us who we are, but don't ruin a good thing by saying something you may regret later...its not so much what you say, its what she thinks she hears.

Beverley Sims
07-08-2013, 12:52 PM
If a lot of us could come clean with our wives it would be a better world.
Honesty is the best policy but it does not work for all unfortunately.

marlenesexton
07-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Agree, honesty is the best policy. Communication is NEVER bad. While there are some women that can't handle a crossdressing husband, I suspect most women can but aren't given the chance or it is ruined by years of lying. If a woman can't accept (not enjoy, just accept) you for what you are, she's not the one for you anyway.

Glad you and the wife are hitting it off. What a fine adventure!

Julie Bender
07-08-2013, 01:20 PM
First I wanna say....yayyy another couple like us!
Welcome to the fold! Nice to meet you and second
I'd like to advise you both. It's still 50/50 but now it's 50/50/50
Remember she still wants to be with the husband as well.
But I so totally relate to all you have said here.
I LOVE that my husband really really is my besty!
I love Rita 100percent !

debbeelee1
07-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Supportive SO's are worth their weight in gold! I know mine is!

Brenda456
07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Sounds like you have a great SO.

candydawn75
07-09-2013, 06:18 AM
It's still 50/50 but now it's 50/50/50
Remember she still wants to be with the husband as well.

I let her read all of the WONDERFUL posts on this and she 100% agrees with you! There is a balance that must be found and I think we are close to the "50/50/50". The 50 that we are furthest way from is Candy, but hey aren't most of us that CD like 25-30% with it! lol It is AWESOME to hear that there is another couple out there that truly are besties!!

I do hate that more wives/SOs aren't more accepting. I wish ya'll knew how comforting it is to know you have not just a partner in life but a true BEST friend. There a saying that says something like "A true friend doesn't stop you from doing something stupid, they do it with you!" and to a large degree this applies here. NO I am not saying CD is stupid AT ALL (before I get piled on) I love it and it is a part of who I am. What I am saying is CD is considered pretty out there by most and she is willing to accept and go on this wild, crazy, sexy, fun ride with me.

Myasummers05
07-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Sounds like you have a wonderful and understanding wife! If you are honest with her with everything you will have it made :)

ginafaye
07-09-2013, 03:52 PM
are you sure you is was your wife and not mine, they sound just alike

Lynn Marie
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
How would you like it if your SO confessed that she'd been a hooker for years, or had a boyfriend while she was with you, or stashed away thousands of the house money for a secret vacation with her friends. You'd feel betrayed. You trusted her. Honesty is not only your best policy, but it is your only survivable way of life.

candydawn75
07-10-2013, 05:11 AM
How would you like it if your SO confessed that she'd been a hooker for years, or had a boyfriend while she was with you, or stashed away thousands of the house money for a secret vacation with her friends. You'd feel betrayed. You trusted her. Honesty is not only your best policy, but it is your only survivable way of life.

Easy there killer!! lol First let me explain something. I NEVER HID THE CD FROM HER. It was HER idea that grew from there. The only thing I didn't tell her about was this forum. The betrayal you are referring to is FAR worse than me keeping a website from her. It is not as if I went out and cheated on her and bought things behind her back. In fact she buys me panties and things all the time. So to be clear what I was getting at even SMALL things need to be told.