PDA

View Full Version : Change of tastes

alesha_cd
07-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone's tastes in certain things (movies, music, food, smells, etc.) change when they are in girl mode vs. guy mode. I enjoy a "chick flick" differently when dressed as Alesha. Also, I can listen to music as Alesha that I normally wouldn't listen to when in guy mode. Just wondering if this happens for others and what some of the things are that change for you.

michelleddg
07-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Not so much, and I'm not sure why. I get my nails done and they're playing Ellen DeGeneres on the TV and I wish it were Sports Center. I get all dolled up, hop in the car and try listening to Sunny but within five minutes have switched over to Sports Talk Radio. Do I order the yummy salad? More likely the yummy steak and, yes please, a beer would be lovely with that. I'm a girly girl when dolled up in a lot of ways, but not all ways...Hugs, Michelle

alesha_cd
07-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Great reply Michelle. That's what I'm curious to know. Thanks!

Julie Denier
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I still curse a blue streak like my guy self when I botch my makeup or run a stocking ;)

Sabrina133
07-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Not for me, I find that being being in drab or drag - my likes and dislikes are about the same. I like the same type movies, food, wine, the same books etc.

4mymichelle
07-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Alesha,

I would also have to say that my tastes also remain the same in either mode. If I see a nice dress it still is a nice dress seeing it enfemme or in drab. There is no switch that changes that!

Take care,
Michelle

Karen_Ski
07-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Not so much my moods but I have noticed a change in my attitude and demeanor. En femme I tend to drive less aggressive, I have much more patience, and I tend not to let things bother me that would if I were in drab.

AndrewJenny
07-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't know if my tastes are different, but I do like to listen to electronica when I'm en femme, while I don't listen to it at all when I'm in drab. And I always feel like dancing, which I never feel like doing when I'm in drab.

Katie (Kat)

Farrah
07-08-2013, 06:03 PM
My mindset is different. I don't go out [to clubs] or drink as a guy, but I am very open to doing both as Farrah.

BLUE ORCHID
07-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi Alisha, You can paint an old Chevy and it's still the same old Chevy, No I still like the same things enfemm or drab.

Jocelyn Quivers
07-08-2013, 09:47 PM
I've noticed my taste are basically the same in both modes. The only current difference is I'm more selective in what I eat while in girl mode, mainly taking into account my make up, hair, and not eating anything that will ruin my outfit.

Miss Trudy
07-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Over the years Trudy has definitely developed a feminine persona very different from her male counterpart. Back when I used to smoke my male side preferred Marlboro Reds while Trudy enjoyed Salem 100's, thankfully I quit that nasty habit 20 plus years ago! :) When it comes to food my maleness craves big juicy steaks or a good burger but Trudy seems to like much lighter fare. As a guy I would never think of having a salad for lunch or heaven forbid dinner but Trudy will on a regular basis. Trudy prefers wine to bourbon and if she has a beer, which is rare, it is always from a glass, never the bottle or can!

I also see changes in attitude, tastes in reading material, and even her outlook towards people in general. In reality Trudy is a lot nicer person than her male counterpart! :)

Beverley Sims
07-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I can appreciate softer things all the time, I am not really into blokes things all the time.
Dressed or not does not make a difference.

Jennifer Kelly
07-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I still curse a blue streak like my guy self when I botch my makeup or run a stocking ;)

Me too, Julie, lol. And I still like the same movies, music, etc. I'm dressed right now and listening to Queensryche, whom my guy self has seen nine times in concert.

AmyGaleRT
07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Sure, Alesha! In guy mode, my usual music is metal, particularly gothic and symphonic metal However, in Amy-mode, 90's and 2000's "girl pop" (like Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Paige) makes me want to dance, as does some "boy band" music like Backstreet Boys or N*SYNC. Oh, and I have great fun singing along with the Pussycat Dolls: "Don't'cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Don't'cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me? Don't'cha? Don't'cha, baby, don't'cha?" :D

- Amy

Audrey34
07-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Whether in drab or Audrey mode I still listen to the same music and watch the same movies. Sometimes when I'm dressed I'll have the tv on watching the NY Mets in the summer or the Giants/Jets in the winter. As an artist, I'll draw or paint in Audrey mode or guy mode.

-Audrey

Tina B.
07-10-2013, 08:40 AM
No, I still watch chick flix in drab, and shoot-um ups is a dress, music, does not change for me either, I like my blues, as old as me!