PDA

View Full Version : Saying hi to a guy I work with (while in girl mode)

Rebecca Watson
07-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone, just sharing an experience (feel free to contribute your own, or comment on mine):

On Canada Day (July 1), I ran into a guy I work with in girl mode (wearing this (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?197215-Becky-s-Canada-Day-outfit&p=3228332&viewfull=1#post3228332)). We live in the same building so I guess it was inevitable. I've seen him twice before that in girl mode, but he didn't recognise me. On Canada Day, I decided to change things...

I called out to him (he wouldn't have noticed me otherwise; I could have kept it secret if I chose). I said hi, asked him how I looked, explained that he saw me twice before dressed up (he said he didn't realise), introduced him to a friend I was with at the time, and invited him to our floor to join our Canada Day party.

Today was the first day I saw him since then. We briefly said hi, and he gave me a slightly atypical smile. But aside from that, it's gone completely unmentioned.

- Becky

Princess Grandpa
07-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Fun story. Thanks for sharing

Hug
Rita

linda allen
07-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I always advise people to keep their crossdressing and their jobs or careers as far apart as possible. It's obviously too late for you at this point.

I don't know what sort of job you have or where it is, but it's possible that the word of your crossdressing could get around the workplace and it could hurt you in many ways. We have to give importance to our jobs because without them, we cannot afford to dress (or eat or put a roof over our heads).

4mymichelle
07-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi Becky,

I applaud you for your courage to introduce Becky to your coworker even though you didn't have to. I agree with Linda though that we need to be careful when it comes to work. You do look fantastic and I like your choice of outfits. Thanks for sharing this.

Take care,
Michelle

giuseppina
07-08-2013, 05:36 PM
That isn't something I would do for the reasons Linda gives. That being said, a decent person would keep what they see to themselves unless criminal activity is observed. Last time I checked, crossdressing is not a crime in Canada.

Your appearance is very tasteful, Rebecca. I like it.

RADER
07-08-2013, 05:56 PM
First, you do look great;
But you most likely shocked his socks off, since he did not recognize you before,
but now he is confused.
Rader

Farrah
07-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Sound fun and courageous, to say the least. :)

Tracii G
07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Some times it just feels right to out yourself.Kudos to you.

mirandacdgirl
07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
wish i had your courage..I want to get out more and be adventurous!

Rebecca Watson
07-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Well, I'm in academia; it's probably one of the safest professions to be an openly transgendered person. The people I work with are both very smart and very friendly; definitely not the kind of people who would discriminate. Personally, I feel a great sense of relief getting it out in the open.

- Becky

BLUE ORCHID
07-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi Becky, Sounds like another hurdle crossed with your neighbor.

Jana
07-09-2013, 02:08 AM
I have mixed feelings about this. I commend your courage to freely out yourself to somebody, but at the same time... why out yourself to a coworker? Anyway, I hope this wasn't a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing and that it does not hurt you in the job, because it's likely the word'll spread.

Rebecca Watson
07-09-2013, 06:42 AM
I have mixed feelings about this. I commend your courage to freely out yourself to somebody, but at the same time... why out yourself to a coworker?

I felt it would be rude not to say hi. I'm not (or no longer) going to hide in some corner as if I'm a child worried about being caught doing something naughty. I dress up like a girl; it's not that bad.

Anyway, I hope this wasn't a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing and that it does not hurt you in the job, because it's likely the word'll spread.

Then let it spread. But, I doubt this particular person would mention it to anyone anyway.

- Becky

Jana
07-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Sounds good, Becky. I'm glad to see you are totally cool about it. Kudos to you and your self-confidence!

Debra Russell
07-09-2013, 12:02 PM
:thumbsup: congrats -- feels good, I know................Debra

kimdl93
07-09-2013, 12:12 PM
gutsy move, but I think you're out enough now that you might as well be up front with people like this fellow. Turned out fine and I'm sure it will stay that way.

Beverley Sims
07-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Some casual acquaintances are flattered by your sharing secrets with them.
They will honour the bond as well.

Lexi_83
07-09-2013, 01:17 PM
I always advise people to keep their crossdressing and their jobs or careers as far apart as possible. It's obviously too late for you at this point.

I don't know what sort of job you have or where it is, but it's possible that the word of your crossdressing could get around the workplace and it could hurt you in many ways. We have to give importance to our jobs because without them, we cannot afford to dress (or eat or put a roof over our heads).This happened to me. It became quite disruptive. I had already planned to move on so it wasn't terrible but there was no way I could stay. Live and learn.