PDA

View Full Version : Do you practice your girly-walk when you think no one is looking?

MarinaKirax
07-08-2013, 09:36 PM
I like to practice my walk, even when in drab sometimes. Sometimes when I find myself walking back to my car from Home Depot, or down an empty supermarket aisle, I can't resist trying out my walk. Nothing RuPaul, you understand, but just shorten my stride, lean back and lead with my hip bones. If I'm SURE no one is looking, I'll pull in my elbows close to my waist, and get my arms into it, too. And (blushes) also probably putting some 'tude in the walk. Do you do this? Would you care if someone saw you? Or has your radar busted someone doing this?

kimdl93
07-08-2013, 09:50 PM
I had the opposite problem. As a teen, I was constantly told that I walked 'funny' as in not in a manly way. At first I didn't quite understand, but realized that I needed to lumber rather than glide..which was the way one lady described my gait.

I Am Paula
07-08-2013, 10:18 PM
The couple of times a years I've had to do drab, I keep reminding myself 'must walk like oaf'. Walking like a girl was always easy.

Tracii G
07-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Sure I do every chance I get practice makes perfect right?

Helen Grandeis
07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
I walk at lunch in the back of a huge warehouse. I often practice as much as every other 3 minute lap.

Rachel Morley
Yes, I do practice my walk in boy mode when I think no one is looking, and funnily enough, just like you I do it in the supermarket and in the parking lot (sometimes the parking lot at work) .. both of these places have CCTV so who knows is actually watching me! LOL.

AngieStone
Not only do I practice my walk when I get the chance, but I practice my voice when I am alone as well.

Diane Smith
07-09-2013, 01:35 AM
I've been told throughout my life that I don't walk, sit, or hold my hands like a normal male, so I'm not really sure I need to practice.

This has never been said in a negative way, nor have I specifically been called out as feminine -- my movements have been described as "graceful" or "limber" by a couple of professional dancers, for example. I don't let it bother me in any case, because I've never really fit in all that well with other people of my age/class/gender, and having bones that move a little differently from most people's is just another feature that makes me unique.

- Diane

Alexis.j
07-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Yes, I go for a daily walk in the mornings, gives me some time to practice my walking. ..
Just wish I had some time to practice my voice... but there is always someone about. ..

noeleena
07-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Hi,

Well i never walked as a male any way did not know you could or how, i was not wired as one so i surpose i had my own style of walking never thought about it, you said shorten your stride ...why,... i dont, dont intend to ether, im tall enough why should i walk like a woman who is far shorter than i , yet i have women friends & know others who out stride myself, i dont do copy .

How i walk is comfortable for my shape size & height, okay i see what your saying you are coming from a males idear of what a woman should be like & you wont to be seen like a woman. any way i dont do girly anything if you saw me youd see that, and being a woman though you may say i do in how i express myself in my manerisims . so i may not think i do yet maybe i do.
And there is no one way women walk so who do you base how a woman walks , when the number is so great. who do you pick & then find another woman walks totaly different, so if you picked one woman who would it be & why, now that would be interesting . would it not.

...noeleena...

Jillian Faith
07-09-2013, 05:26 AM
Not only do I practice my walk when I get the chance, but I practice my voice when I am alone as well.

I do the same practicing my girlie walk in parking lots, super markets or anywhere else I think no one is looking, I also practice my femme voice while driving by recording my voice on my iphone and playing the recording back for improvement ideas.

iGenny
07-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Yes, I practice as well, just as you described.

BLUE ORCHID
07-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi Marina, Guilty as charged your Honor.

Angela Campbell
07-09-2013, 06:48 AM
I find that It is more like letting go and walking normally. I am doing that most of the time now and surely look like a gay man when in drab I guess.

lisagurl
07-09-2013, 06:52 AM
when its dark out :)

suzanne
07-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Great question, Marina. I don't consciously practice a feminine walk, as such. However, since I have had a few chances to go out in public in my 3" heels, I have found that my normal walk has changed a bit. Like you, my steps tend to be shorter and my shoulders are back a bit more. I find that I feel just a teensy bit more feminine as I go through my otherwise drab day. I love it.

Sally24
07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
I do like to see if I can instantly change to woman walk and then 10 seconds later downshift back to man walk. It has gotten easier thru the years!

linda allen
07-09-2013, 08:17 AM
I have tried the female walk a time or two but it's something that doesn't cross my mind as much as it should. Same for the female voice.

Undoing decades of habits is difficult.

stephNE
07-09-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't really try, when I put on heels, it just comes naturally.

Stephanie47
07-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm with Steph on this one. When I am at a mall or girl watching I really do not notice a significant difference between the gait of men or women when wearing athletic shoes or flats. It seems the only time there is a significant difference is when women are wearing high heels. That puts the body into a different position. If you are practicing walking like a model on a runway, I'd never walk like that. I've watched the instructional videos on YouTube, and, I will say I never see women walking as the women in the videos except when wearing high heels.

Several months ago I did notice a cross dresser in a local Wal-Mart. I did not need to see his face. I saw him from the rear. He was lumbering along like a caveman holding a club (high pocketbook). His ankles caved in with every step of his high heel boots. Shoulders were slouched. No feminine grace at all. I admired him for his ability to overcome any fears about appearing in public.

However, there is more to a feminine walk than foot and hip movement. I guess I should thank my mother for yelling to "stand up and walk straight."

Also, if you're a foot taller than your wife, it's a lot easier to walk like a woman: shorter steps instead of long strides. My five foot two wife keep yanking on me to slow down. She unintentionally has helped me navigate with up to four inch heels.

Debra Russell
07-09-2013, 11:11 AM
...don't need to think about it, the "walk" happens with what ever clothes I have on at the moment........................Debra

Jenny CD
07-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Oh yesh... All the time. I do it even when there's a crowd. I really don't care anymore, it's not like any of those strangers are gonna remember me next week. Matter of fact, going out dressed doesn't faze me that much anymore for the same reason. I've only had a few sort of bad experiences, but oh well... People will be people.

BillieJoEllen
07-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Years ago at my old job I had to occasionally walk from through a warehouse from one plant to another. No one was in there and for the @ 60yds I had to walk I practiced my walk. Little did I know that there was a security camera in the facility. I would from time to time see my boss look at me funny. I found out later that he met with other supervisors to go over the security tapes. When I found that out I stopped 'practicing'.

Beverley Sims
07-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I am always walking feminine, I don't think anyone notices. :)