PDA

View Full Version : Life is so unfair

Ellie52
07-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Life is so unfair. My SO got ready for work today and she's wearing trousers and a white top and flat shoes (Like almost everyday). She is good looking but hardly ever wears a skirt for work. I cant understand it.
I would love to go out in a nice skirt/blouse and heels but have to hide in the bedroom while she goes to work in mens clothes...Go figure.. Ellie:sad:

Cynthia Anne
07-09-2013, 12:29 AM
That's life!!!!! I guess that's why I always say ''if you can't be with the women of your dreams, THEN BE the women of your dreams!!!!!!!!!!

Alexis.j
07-09-2013, 12:36 AM
O well... such is life!!! Those that can- don't ; Those that want to-can't. ..
The joys of being human...

Mmm, maby you should suggest some gender reversal... she might get the message and start dressing up again, lol. Had the same issue with my ex wife, always a mission to get dressed up like a woman should... It was always dressed for comfort, jeans and top, and maby heels fir special occasions.

Ellie52
07-09-2013, 12:38 AM
I love the weekends because she lets me choose what she is going to wear. ALWAYS skirts. She usually ends up in jeans by the end of the day though....Ellie

Jenniferathome
07-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Life is so unfair. My SO got ready for work today and she's wearing trousers and a white top and flat shoes (Like almost everyday). She is good looking but hardly ever wears a skirt for work. I cant understand it.
I would love to go out in a nice skirt/blouse and heels but have to hide in the bedroom while she goes to work in mens clothes...Go figure.. Ellie:sad:

She is not in "men's" clothes. She's in clothes that are boring to a cross dresser.

Alexis.j
07-09-2013, 12:41 AM
''if you can't be with the women of your dreams, THEN BE the women of your dreams!!!!!!!!!!

O, must be the best quote I read in years!!!!!!!

Brooklyn
07-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Women had to fight for decades to earn the right to wear what they want. Men have stuck with essentially the same boring fashions for the past 150-years. I'm jealous of our sisters, too!

Alice Torn
07-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Kind of ironic. Like us old singles that never got a chance to wed, while many marry several times! Cynthia is onto it. If you cannot find a lady of yo dreams, become one!

Andy66
07-09-2013, 01:03 AM
''if you can't be with the women of your dreams, THEN BE the women of your dreams!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE that! ...Except switch man for woman in my case. :heehee:

Melissa Rose
07-09-2013, 01:06 AM

I work in an office several days a week. Most days I wear dress pants, a blouse and usually flats. I have worn a skirt four times in the past 7 months. The reason? Convenience and comfort. Tights are a bother when having to use the restroom 3-4 times a day. By the end of the day of wearing heels, my feet are sore even if I spend most of the day at my desk. Sometimes I end up walking around more than I expect. Trying to get into the lower drawers of a file cabinet or accessing the bottom shelf of a cabinet or shelving is not easy in a skirt or dress with heels. Sometimes I am not in the mood or do not have time to shave my legs to make sure they are smooth (I do not wear stockings or panty hose especially when it is hot). When it is warmer such as now, I will wear a light and loose casual dress on occasion, but with flats or sandals. I am not wearing mens clothing even though it is pants, shirt (blouse) and flats. It is uncommon for any of the 20 or so women in the office to wear a skirt or dress including all of the directors and managers; only 3-4 women including myself wear a skirt or dress on occasion. You can still dress undoubtedly feminine and stylish without wearing a dress or skirt. Understanding the reason is easy - it is more comfortable and convenient. Having to live in the outfit all day is very different than a few hours at home.

Eryn
07-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Eloise, your wife is going to work in comfortable and practical clothes. That is her right.

I do know how you feel, but you won't feel better by pressuring your wife into wearing something in which she is uncomfortable.

I was at a social event the other day with some Muggle friends. The sister of one of them was there and a more unfeminine woman I have never met. She cusses like a sailor and displays more testosterone than Sly Stallone and Chuck Norris combined. She's always in a T-shirt and jeans or cargo shorts. On this one occasion she had chosen to wear a beautiful long and colorful peasant skirt adorned with sequins. In this case I allowed myself to feel some jealousy over what she was wearing while I was stuck in drab.

It is now two days later and I went out wearing a pretty yellow T-shirt and a long black and white chevron-stripe skirt. I had a lovely evening shopping and dining with Mimi. I feel better now. :)

BLUE ORCHID
07-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Hi Eloise, You've heard the old saying about the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

TeresaCD
07-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Yes, that's it. My wife can't wait till the end of the day to get the bra off
I can't wait to get one on.
She hates stockings, and yes, you guessed it, I love them.
Can one get steel capped pumps?

I Am Paula
07-09-2013, 08:18 AM
As much as I sympathize, you made one comment that needed clarification.
"I would love to go out in a nice skirt/blouse and heels but have to hide in the bedroom while she goes to work in mens clothes...Go figure.. Ellie"

Do you "have" to hide, or do you choose to hide? Free will is alive and well.

Princess Grandpa
07-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Women had to fight for decades to earn the right to wear what they want. Men have stuck with essentially the same boring fashions for the past 150-years. I'm jealous of our sisters, too!

Yes they fought for decades to win the freedoms they now enjoy. They were started out with far more restrictions than just not being allowed to wear the clothing of their choice. Most all of us would like that type of freedom but only a few of us are willing to fight for it. I'm not judging anyone. I'm one of the ones who would never see the outdoors were it not for my desire to please my wife. Even still My fears only allow me to go to a safe place. A club specifically accepting and catering to our community.

We have to go out if we want the freedom we speak of. I don't mean go out to your local "safe bar" or even shopping. We need to rally and make noise, march on our nations and states capitals until there is no choice but to give us equal rights. Women had to fight to not be treated as second class citizens. Non-whites had to fight to earn their rights. The homosexual community is currently fighting for their rights and we merely follow along hoping a few crumbs will fall off the table onto our lap.

Again I'm not being judge mental towards any of us that prefer to hide. It's hard to fight. I would love to have the freedom, but would be unwilling to throw my whole life away to win it. Hat is the type of commitment we would all need to have to win the freedoms we crave.

How many of us would be willing to make the types of sacrices made by those women in order to secure our future? *hang her head in shame* I don't want it bad enough. Too many others like me. I want the freedoms but I don't want to be the poster child

Hug
Rita

Beverley Sims
07-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Eloise,
Skirts and dresses are fine but trousers can look great too.

Ellie52
07-09-2013, 10:31 PM
As much as I sympathize, you made one comment that needed clarification.
"I would love to go out in a nice skirt/blouse and heels but have to hide in the bedroom while she goes to work in mens clothes...Go figure.. Ellie"

Do you "have" to hide, or do you choose to hide? Free will is alive and well.
Tgirl - You are right of course I dont have to hide Im just a coward. My wife understands and is accepting but I would hate to loose the respect of my 20yr old son. So until it is acceptable for guys to wear skirts Ill stay indoors.

I Am Paula
07-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Eloise- I've asked that question to a few girls. Yours is the first honest answer. Most answer 'my wife would never understand' implying that they're guessing and have never even broached the subect with them. Another favorite of mine is 'my town is not cd friendly' to which, of course,the only conclusion is that they regularly lynch cd's. Wouldn't we have heard about that?
Thanks for the honesty.

Jorja
07-09-2013, 11:00 PM
At least your wife isn't going to work naked. ;)

Kate Simmons
07-10-2013, 05:28 AM
The real skill is to work with what we have and the cards we were dealt. That is the skill and the challenge.:battingeyelashes::)

Rogina B
07-10-2013, 05:55 AM
My daughter has a bunch of Barbie dolls that she has outgrown..I can ship you some and you can mix and match the outfits to your liking!

Erica Marie
07-10-2013, 06:03 AM
I feel your pain. I dont have an so, but the usual attire in my area is ladies wearing slacks or jeans and now in summer capris or shorts. Then here I am wishing I could throw on a cute skirt and top and head out to the store. Id probably get stoned if I did that. Society expects men to be men and women can be anything they want. Doesnt quiet seem fair does it?

TeresaCD
07-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Tgirl - You are right of course I dont have to hide Im just a coward. My wife understands and is accepting but I would hate to loose the respect of my 20yr old son. So until it is acceptable for guys to wear skirts Ill stay indoors.
Or the girl goes out, and the guy hides under the skin instead..
But perhaps not to work :o

Sandieland
07-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Eloise, you should count yourself lucky. If your wife was a clothes hound like most of us crossdressers, you would have to take out a second mortgage on your house. Let her keep wearing simple clothes and you treat yourself to the cool stuff.

heatherdress
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Eloise was making a point to begin this thread, not criticizing her wife for her work attire. It was obvious that she was not discounting flats and trousers literally as being men's clothes.

Barbara Ella
07-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Yes, our life can be a dichotomy on several levels. It is so great that your wife goes out as herself and you are free to be yourself, and she is understanding (how great is that?). The hard part is that next step, that is not necessary perhaps, but so much a part of our makeup, and that is do I go out as myself. Some do, some don't. Doing or not doing does not change that part of who we are. At times it gets difficult to live with the dichotomy, when one side wants so much more, but that is our life.

Barbara

Ellie52
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Eloise was making a point to begin this thread, not criticizing her wife for her work attire. It was obvious that she was not discounting flats and trousers literally as being men's clothes.
Heather - thank you for reiterating what I was trying to say. I am not condemning my wife for wearing trousers just jealous of her ability to dress as she wishes with no ridicule from anybody. I find it unjust that we have to stay in the closet (my choice at present) as I am not brave enough to go out fully dressed. Even if i went out with my normal clothes and a skirt (no boobs or makeup) it would still be unacceptable to the people around me, which is what I find unfair...My wifes clothing choice hass nothing really to do with it except in a general concept..Ellie

Farrah
07-11-2013, 12:51 AM
I was thinking the same about my wife. We've been together for over 13 years and I can count the time she's worn a dress or skirt. I'm with you, I would love to dawn a cute skirt and blouse to work every now and then. Great thread!

heatherdress
07-11-2013, 12:57 AM
Life is unfair, Eloise. We just do the best we can. Hopefully you can find opportunities to dress comfortably outside your home. Are there any CD social or support groups in Australia? Any vacation locations where you would feel comfortable? Your picture looks good. Hopefully you will find places to be dressed and maybe life will seem a bit less unfair.

Jamie001
07-11-2013, 12:58 AM
The difference is that you wife doesn't stuff a sock down her pants and put-on a fake mustache in attempt to look like a man. She wears men's clothing as a woman. Most CDs attempt to look like a woman. There is a big difference.

Ellie52
07-11-2013, 01:08 AM
The difference is that you wife doesn't stuff a sock down her pants and put-on a fake mustache in attempt to look like a man. She wears men's clothing as a woman. Most CDs attempt to look like a woman. There is a big difference.
Jamie
I didnt say I wanted to look like a woman out on the street. I said if I went out with my normal clothes and a skirt. I should be able to wear any clothes I choose - I agree about the pretending to be female bit, I am not too sure of that myself. Each to his/her own on that one. This was purely clothing orientated..Ellie

TheMissus
07-11-2013, 03:21 AM
- I agree about the pretending to be female bit, I am not too sure of that myself. Each to his/her own on that one

Why DO so many here go public and pretend to be women? And I'm not speaking of those who feel like women inside. I'm asking those who feel like men (of which I know there are quite a few here as they kindly answer my endless questions), why go public with something that is clearly just fantasy and dress up? Is it boredom? A thrill? Or are non accepting partners part of the problem and you just need validation for your hard work?

Or is this another thread entirely, lol.

Vickie_CDTV
07-11-2013, 04:04 AM
TheMissus, it depends on the person. Since the motivation to crossdress varies so greatly, for some it could be any, or all of those things (though the need for validation is certainly not necessarily because they have or don't have a supportive SO.)

jillleanne
07-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Life is not unfair. You choose to make it that way for a number of reasons you choose to use. Life is a plate of choices. What you do with them is up to you.

daviolin
07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Unfair for both sides of the gender. I sure wouldn't want the pay scale the women get. Daviolin