PDA

View Full Version : Positivity

Khaleesi81
07-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Hey all,
Does anyone else have bursts of positivity and feeling quite happy how things are?
I think I'm having one at the moment. Spoke to my gf about dressing at the weekend which was positive, also told a close female friend yesterday who thought it was great! Even showed her some pics and she said I looked good!
Going to a support group for the first time on Thursday which is a bit daunting, but exciting nonetheless. With the past few weeks and the support of folks here I think I'm coming out of my shell a bit, and the confidence is flowing into other areas of my life too. :)

Ellie52
07-09-2013, 03:58 AM
Good on you Khaleeshi -wish I had more confidence..Ellie

nikki47
07-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Khaleeshi,i'm so pleased for you.It took me a long time to get where you are,i hope things keep getting better for you.

Nikki

Kalista Jameson
07-09-2013, 05:54 AM
I am all about positivity. :) And if I'm not not feeling it, I fake it 'til I make it.

Cheers,

Kalista

PretzelGirl
07-09-2013, 06:01 AM
That is great! Now work to make it a regular thing instead of just a burst. Life is about being happy.

Khaleesi81
07-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Thanks all!
I think generally I am a positive and happy person, I'm quite secure in who I am too, but it feels good that this part of me is being allowed to blossom. It's having a positive effect on other people in my life too as they can see I'm happy and its a bit contagious! Booked a holiday with my gf too yesterday for Christmas so that's something else to look forward to!

kimdl93
07-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Not so much bursts, more a steady state of contentment. But maybe that's my age. You have taken a number of constructive steps in recent days, and you've had good results...so you should feel positive.

I can attest to having gained confidence as I emerged as a whole person. Maybe this grows out of facing and overcoming your worst fears.

Tracii G
07-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Sounds like you have found a happy spot roll with it.

Kate Simmons
07-09-2013, 10:03 AM
My advise is to just enjoy it Hon. You never know when the "tide" will turn.:)

Beverley Sims
07-09-2013, 01:24 PM
The only negative I concentrate on is the one on my car battery.

Lynn Marie
07-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Confidence is nothing more than being satisfied with yourself. Like Kim stated, age works wonders in this area. Why would you be anything other than positive? We are the masters of our own universe. We make it happen!

Khaleesi81
07-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I think maybe that's it! I feel like I'm in control at the moment of what I'd like to do, if only there were more hours in the day to enjoy life!
Showed a GG friend who already knew some pics today, she responded well, I'm on a roll at the moment! :D