PDA

View Full Version : Funny interaction with an SA while shopping yesterday

Allison Chaynes
07-09-2013, 09:30 AM
I was in drab at a discount store yesterday and found some satin JMS hipsters for $5, so naturally I bought a package. As I was checking out, the SA jokingly asked, "Are you sure these are your size?" and started laughing. I laughed a little and said, "Actually, YES, they are my size." Her response was to laugh harder and tell me to stop kidding around with her. This was probably my 400th time buying panties and one of only maybe three times an SA ever said a word.

About 30 minutes earlier I had been in Lane Bryant for the annual lingerie sale, and had nothing but professional assistance in searching for the briefs I saw online. Two totally different experiences.

AngieStone
07-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Might have something to do with one being a discount store and the other a major retail chain outlet, just a guess!

Tracii G
07-09-2013, 09:39 AM
I have had that happen too.LOL

Leslie Langford
07-09-2013, 09:49 AM
What Angie said. Likely a whole different level of SA experience and training at play in the two different types of shopping encounters, and clearly, Lane Bryant is the more sophisticated and worldly of the two...

Jana
07-09-2013, 09:57 AM
LOL. Reminds me of when I was shopping for a bolero a few months ago, in drab, and some SA walked by and jokingly said "my, those would look great on you". I said, "too bad you guys don't have my size" (and they didn't), to which she laughed.

I agree with you, more often than not, shopping is uneventful.

suchacutie
07-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Ah...I'm so jealous of all you folks who have interactions with SAs. All they have ever done is to help me try on things (especially at Payless shoes) or just take my money!

larry
07-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Wish there was a way to let "Lane Bryant " know how much we appreciate them..

Stephanie47
07-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Although you said they were your size, you did not actually say they were for you. The slight difference may have been perceived as a continuation of the back and forth bantering.

As I was checking out, the SA jokingly asked, "Are you sure these are your size?" and started laughing. I laughed a little and said, "Actually, YES, they are my size."

Before on line shopping became a reality I thrice purchased shape wear; 2 Vanity Fair half slip shapers and a long line bra. Those purchases seemed a little odd to the SA's. One SA kind of made a comment that indicated she guessed the white Vanity Fair shaping half slip was for myself. I had the newspaper ad with the size written down. She said "She even wrote the size down for you!" meaning my wife. In the manner in which she said it kind of told me she knew it was for myself.

The other times the SA's did not say a word. Just a guy making another purchase.
I think many men buying lingerie at Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Christmas are eagerly helped with the perception they are buying for a woman. Buying shapewear for a woman? Well, that's a stretch.

kimdl93
07-09-2013, 12:32 PM
you might have looked her dead in the eye and responded "who said I was kidding?"

mikiSJ
07-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I was in a Taget store (first time ever) on the 4th buying some hair product and nail polish. When I was checking out the female SA was totally non-plussed and we had a brief and friendly conversation.

I have shopped for Miki's stuff only once dressed, but even in drab I make sure the SA knows I am buying for Miki and I have yet to have an uncomfortable experience. I think stores realize that their customers come from many backgrounds, including CDing, and they should treat everyone with the highest respect.

Beverley Sims
07-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I always enjoy are these for you jokes.
It gives me an opportunity to build on it and done tastefully some great interaction emerges.

Chickhe
07-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Too bad you, you could have said....now that you mention it, I'm not sure. Can you show me to the dressing room?... Sometimes people who obviously live in a bubble surprise me, but other times I am surprised at how knowledgeable and nonchalant people are.

sherryR
07-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Recently at Costco, the SA commented on how nice the pair of cami's looked that I had in the cart. Makes you feel good when GG's like your choices.

BLUE ORCHID
07-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Allison, I like playing mind games with SA's it amuses me to no end.

Allison Chaynes
07-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Although you said they were your size, you did not actually say they were for you. The slight difference may have been perceived as a continuation of the back and forth bantering.

You are correct. There's a police substation very close by and this is the Bible Belt. If I feel disclosure might potentially cause a problem, I don't want to push it.

stefan37
07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Why would it matter if there was a police station close by? How would shopping for yourself and the SA knowing it was for you be illegal and get the police involved?

Edwina
07-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Hi Allison, I like playing mind games with SA's it amuses me to no end.

Me too! When I am in a similar situation I show her a couple of photos I keep in my wallet. On a couple of occasions they have not believed the photos were of me:) What a lovely compliment. :D

Erica Marie
07-11-2013, 06:07 AM
It eases the shopping experience when the sa's are helpful or at least make friendly small talk. I have never been in a bad situation. But have been checked out by sa's that say absolutely nothing and some that are very friendly. Its nice when people can be accepting.

Allison Chaynes
07-15-2013, 12:36 AM
The police here have been known to be very hostile towards TG persons. I prefer not to take chances if it does not seem safe to me.

Sabrina133
07-15-2013, 02:57 AM
I can understand your point of view Allyson - while CDing is not in and of itself against the law in most places (am assuming you are in the US), acceptance certainly varies from place to place. Sometimes the police will still detain you and make life miserable for a while as they get their joiies. Often times, its certainly better not to stir the hornets nest.

SaraNZ
07-15-2013, 03:05 AM
Ive never had any exchanges execpt for a "have a good night" when buying a bit of make up. A shop I have gone to on more than one occasion however does have a self checkout system so no interaction is required there. Ive also tended to go after 9pm so many of the staff are stocking shelves etc and more focused on that than interacting with patrons.