PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing as a substitute

JuliaC
07-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Do any of you feel like crossdressing may be a substitute for intamacy with a female? I feel like mine may be :(

kimdl93
07-09-2013, 04:36 PM
No. It need not be. If you're young and inexperienced with relationships, my advice is always the same - get out and meet people. Go without expectations or imposing pressure on yourself. Once in a while you'll be attracted to someone, there might seem to be a spark and you'll be disappointed. That happens. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back out there.

Deedee Skyblue
07-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Used to be for me, back when I was much younger. These days, it is in some ways a substitute for beer and rum.

Deedee

Lynn Marie
07-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Crossdressing is an excellent substitute for an unsatisfactory relationship with a woman, and so many of them are exactly that! I'd much rather be alone and free than live with someone and have to answer to her. Who was it who said "I'm not getting married again, I'm just going to find an ugly woman I don't like and buy her a house"?

iGenny
07-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes, I believe that's part of it for me.

PaulaQ
07-09-2013, 06:26 PM
No. Not in any way, shape, nor form, at least for me.

Robin777
07-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Not for me I have a very understanding SO.

SarahUK
07-09-2013, 06:44 PM
I thought this was the case since I was single most of my life. But the crossdressing urges never decreased in any way since i'm together with my girlfriend. So In my case, nope it is not a substitute.

Dora
07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
In the past when I was dating someone I would still crossdress, also right now I would prefer single since I am happy/content with the single life, about the only thing is that I think about sometimes is right now I don't have to good of a support system, anything can happen, its like the time when I fell on ice and dislocated my shoulder and that was very hard, I even had a stick shift truck which even made it much more harder, I was driving stick shift with one hand(lol)
Overall if I ever did meet a partner I would either see myself with a genetic woman or someone else who is into crossdressing.

BRANDYJ
07-09-2013, 08:14 PM
I know this is going to be very different than most others. My whole life, so it seems, my desire or need, whatever you want to call it, is at it's highest when I'm in a committed relationship and living with a woman. Example: I was in a seven year long relationship with my last love. It ended last November. Since that time I have not dressed completely...And even that is very infrequent. So no, it's not a substitute for a relationship. A good loving relationship seems to fuel the desire to dress. I'm fortunate in that every single woman that has been a part of my life has known, accepted and to various degrees, enjoyed my cross dressing.
I have never heard of anyone else that is effected the same way I am with the lack of a loving partner.

AmyGaleRT
07-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I thought it might be so for me, in the interval after my first wife left. No longer having female companionship in my life, I thought I might wind up cultivating that side of myself as compensation. Then Sabrina and I fell for each other, and that changed everything. With my opening up to her last October, everything changed again, and I firmly believe it's not only improved my life in general, but improved my development as a woman.

- Amy

Karren H
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
So apparently at age 7 I wasn't getting any? lol

Dianne S
07-10-2013, 02:03 AM
For me, it's not a substitute, but when my wife and I are going through a "dry spell", I do have the urge to crossdress more and it does relax me.

joanna4
07-10-2013, 04:21 AM
I'm already in a relationship but on the side, crossdressing is like a sexual and intimate activity. I'm able to satisfy my sex life through crossdressing when I was single and now that I'm in a relationship. I do dress up, enjoy, go out, and have intimacy.

Sabrina133
07-10-2013, 09:58 AM
not for me. I am currently in a very satisfying relationship with a GG and I still dress.

Kaz
07-10-2013, 10:07 AM
No... for me I realised a while back that this is just who I am.... but I still love women! Just that these days dressing is a substitute for sex LOL! hehe :heehee:

Tina B.
07-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Gee, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that wasn't getting any back when I was 6, funny though, when I did start getting plenty, I still wanted to dress as much if not more!

Elirra
07-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes, it's been recently identified as autogenaphylia. Look it up. Some think it's junk science because it overlooks FtM crossdressing, but I personally find it to be absolutely true. I crossdressed first at about 5 years old but when I got into puberty I found that I could be the girl I always wanted to be with. In my late 30's I learned that I was in fact Klinefelter's mosaic and that explained a lot for me since I actually had two different sets of chromosomes in my body, one with an extra (X) female chromosome. I've been in a 10 year relationship with my girlfriend but I've still found the need to be intimate with myself, I know, FUBAR. You are not alone in your desires.

Beth Wilde
07-10-2013, 01:04 PM
No, and my BF would be somewhat upset if it was! :)

On the other hand, everybody is different so it is possible in your case.

Skyeyes
07-10-2013, 01:29 PM
I think when I was young it may have been. I always used to love to look at my mothers fashion magazines. When I first started to snoop into her lingerie drawer and try things on, I tried to emulate the poses I had seen in the magazines. I think in many ways it made me feel closer and more intimate with women by wearing what they wore. That soon passed and I began to enjoy it for my own sake.

franlee
07-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I can't see anything substituting substitute for intimacy with a female. But I do use it as a supplement and enhancement. But everyone of us have our on rational for what we do.

Hannah W.
07-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Not at all, very happily married thanks.

Hannah x

Kristy 56
07-10-2013, 02:31 PM

Well said Karen.

ginafaye
07-10-2013, 02:40 PM
no not at all, if anything it spices up our marriage..

Gerrijerry
07-10-2013, 03:00 PM
there is a big difference between gender issues and sexuality. Even if some people combine the two.

reb.femme
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
No, definitely not! Sexually active all my married life (5 times a night,.......she lied :heehee:) and as others have said, it just seems to fuel the desire.

The return question of course is, did you want it?

Reb

Karren H
07-10-2013, 03:51 PM
The return question of course is, did you want it?

Reb

I don't think I knew if I was missing something or even what the something was.....

ArleneRaquel
07-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Since I was between the ages of 6-8 when I first wore female clothing I doubt that the lack of intimacy with a woman was the cause.

Lexi_83
07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Do any of you feel like crossdressing may be a substitute for intamacy with a female? I feel like mine may be :(No, but when you first start there is often such a rush of emotion and other feelings that it can crowd out other things. I called it my "pink haze phase."

sherri
07-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes, it is one part of the equation for me, I think. But only one part.

Alaina R
07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I suppose this can be a 'touchy' subject. I've always felt that an important aspect of crossdressing is the sense of 'merging' male and female. In that sense, I think it has an important relationship to sexuality (even if that is a minority opinion). That said, as with other orientations, once established it is not going away even if you have a perfectly wonderful relationship with a woman or wife (which luckily I do)

sometimes_miss
07-11-2013, 10:07 PM
For me, crossdressing has always primarily been an urge triggered primarily by loneliness, lack of physical affection, and of course, stress (the stress most often being, not being able to dress the way I feel I'm supposed to). The reason I feel I'm supposed to dress as a girl, is because when I was a kid, I was told that I really was a girl. years of that sunk in, and by the time I learned enough to dispute what I had been told, it was set into my personality. So I will always have a feeling in the back of my mind that I'm really a girl, even though everything else tells me that I'm not. It won't ever go away. So I've learned to live with it. When I'm lonely, or need a hug, there's always the friendly lap dancers at the gogo bars.....and a little alcohol helps, too. And if I become an alcoholic? well, that's o.k.; women accept that far more often than they accept crossdressing.

NathalieX66
07-11-2013, 10:37 PM
No.
Female company just makes me feel the need to be more female. Girls/Women got this vibe....I like it/I want it....I wish it was me.

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 01:04 AM
No, in the past it was an adjunct to intimacy with females.

TeresaCD
07-12-2013, 01:26 AM
For me, more like wanting to express myself as a girl, rather than be with one.
But, that's me..