PDA

View Full Version : Opening up and being yourself is the right thing to do

Jenn868
07-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Hey Ladies! Ok so I have always just posted pictures on here and little captions but I wanted to share some thoughts about me and how I feel. Get Ready! lol. I have always felt the way I do, all my life. I felt like there was a girl inside and I loved expressing it. Young age up through middle school, High School and through college. I always found some time to be who I feel on the inside. Little bit at first then more and more as I got older. So I have came out to my immediate family(Mother and Sister) but not my brother bc of reasons I feel I am not ready to tel him yet. This was all when I was about 24 yrs old. I am not 28. So I was always at a crossroads bc I would have girls nights with close GG friends at my apartment or their place open up to them who I truly am but would always still be like closeted and nervous in a sense. The reason was because of career or activities I was involved in(sports etc.) But I have come to a point where I realized..you know what I can't keep hiding who I truly am. I spoke with a really close friend of mine for a while tonight and I had a chance to talk to her about how I really felt. She always gives me the best advice and guidance and just gets me. She is just a savor to me in so many ways. I see myself being so sheltered in who I am and it has been upsetting me. I am such a happy person and do not get depressed often but had felt I was feeling that way a little bit recently. Something hit me that just clicked that I wanted to just be myself no matter what the outcome was. I do not want to have to force myself to like tell everyone I know the true inner woman but I will not deny it, I will be proud of who I am. I just know from here on out I will be able to experience more and feel more comfortable in my own skin. It takes time and will not happen over night. I just don't want to waste any more time of my life not being who I am at heart! I have had so much support from friends and family and need to take advantage of it. Be yourself and trust in the people who care about you! Everyday is a new day and be happy in who you are :-) :-):)

prene
07-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Great story.
I wish I had your guts. I have a few gg friends who know but not many close to me.
Love your profile pic.
I have been coming out but slowly and more to people I do not even know to get their reaction.

Good luck in your journey.
I still love being just who I am.
And overall happy.

Prene

Kalista Jameson
07-10-2013, 02:25 AM
Good for you, Jenn! Hope things with the brother goes well too.

Cheers,

Kalista

kimdl93
07-10-2013, 07:18 AM
The old saying is 'to thine own self be true'. Life is much easier in so many respects once you can be truly and fearlessly honest with yourself and others. There will be disappointments, some rejections perhaps, and other challenges along the way, but you're young and resilient. On balance, I'm hopeful that it will be the right choice for you.

Jenn868
07-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Great story.
I wish I had your guts. I have a few gg friends who know but not many close to me.
Love your profile pic.
I have been coming out but slowly and more to people I do not even know to get their reaction.

Good luck in your journey.
I still love being just who I am.
And overall happy.

Prene thank you hun. I know that by expressing who we truly are will make us so much happier.

Good for you, Jenn! Hope things with the brother goes well too.

Cheers,

Kalista thank you hun. Def. Will take some time to gain the courage.

The old saying is 'to thine own self be true'. Life is much easier in so many respects once you can be truly and fearlessly honest with yourself and others. There will be disappointments, some rejections perhaps, and other challenges along the way, but you're young and resilient. On balance, I'm hopeful that it will be the right choice for you.
This is a great point! Thanks for the great advice. Just keep pushing forward !

Tina B.
07-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Sounds like you have reached the age a lot of start to figure out who we are, and how we fit in to this world as transgendered people, Hopefully it's a great journey.
My twenties where filled with worry and fear of what I was, and it took me that long to figure out I can really like myself, and what I do, and no matter what the world thinks or doesn't think, will not change who I am, just wish I could have figured it out at a much younger age.
Sounds to me like you are getting a pretty good handle on it.

Jenn868
07-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Sounds like you have reached the age a lot of start to figure out who we are, and how we fit in to this world as transgendered people, Hopefully it's a great journey.
My twenties where filled with worry and fear of what I was, and it took me that long to figure out I can really like myself, and what I do, and no matter what the world thinks or doesn't think, will not change who I am, just wish I could have figured it out at a much younger age.
Sounds to me like you are getting a pretty good handle on it.

Yes tina you are exactly right. I was just feeling so tired of trying to hide who i am. Just really feeling comfortable and being proud of myself and being me is what is important to me. I dont want to waste anymore time .

Beverley Sims
07-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Open up to others for sure but be mindful who you open up to.