PDA

View Full Version : Who can tell?

Chickhe
07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I've got two very different friends... nobody CDs as far as I know, but...

1. generally deceptive, controlling, secretive, worried about what other's think (would run and hide if naked)...

2. outgoing, man's man, just does it, doesn't complain, doesn't care what anyone thinks (would walk down main street naked at the drop of a hat)...

If you had to pick, which one would you want to tell you they CD? To me, number 2 would somehow be easier to accept... and I think its because of the positive attitude. What do you think?

Farrah
07-10-2013, 01:18 PM
I would tell #2.

NV Susan
07-10-2013, 01:33 PM
If you tell #2 then #1 will find out......then #3, #4, #5, etc will also find out!!!:brolleyes:

kimdl93
07-10-2013, 01:48 PM
definitely #2. that's a person who can accept himself/herself and could come out without fretting. #1 probably has more of the hallmarks of someone who has been hiding something deep and dark, and compensating for it by controlling, deceit, secrecy, etc.

When I think about myself, there were more elements of #1 than #2 in my attitude before I gained a measure of self acceptance.

Khaleesi81
07-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Definitely 2. Deceptive people don't usually make good friends too!

Jana
07-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Why tell? Mum's the word.

Kristy 56
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Well I'd tell # 2,but once you tell one person you may be telling everyone.

Jodie_Lynn
07-10-2013, 03:13 PM
If I'm reading you correctly chickie, you are asking which of THEM you would prefer to be a CD-er?

If so, I'd say #1 because they would not necessarily 'out' you intentionally or accidently. He would want to keep things on the QT.

#2 however, since he feels no need to hide his own activities, would be more likely to expose YOU, since he seems to have a ftw & what it thinks attitude. Being in the closet, I admire #2's attitude, but it would scare the stuffing out of me that he might be careless about who he tells my secrets to.

Gerrijerry
07-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I would not tell either. You should only tell when it is needed. Why risk upsetting either.

Melisamy
07-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I have a rule, I never tell anyone about the girl me unless it is going to directly benefit me. So I would tell neither.

Melisa Amy Ellis

Lexi_83
07-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Is there a reason you want to tell them? I have a friend like #2 but he was kind of in the scene.

kimdl93
07-10-2013, 05:01 PM
I.....

If you had to pick, which one would you want to tell you they CD? To me, number 2 would somehow be easier to accept... and I think its because of the positive attitude. What do you think?

Trick question....so far only two of us read the question correctly!

Wildaboutheels
07-10-2013, 07:06 PM
If it's supposed to be a trick Q, it's poorly worded.

If any of my friends were to tell me THEY are a CDer, I would not have any trouble accepting it.

Why on earth would I care, regardless of what "type" person they are?

On the other hand, I am very selective with friends.

giuseppina
07-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I pick "none of the above". Why do they need that information?

BTW, being secretive is a healthy way of dealing with #1 if that is the only way to get things done. I wouldn't tell #1 to take away the opportunity of using the information against me.

Leslie Langford
07-10-2013, 10:02 PM
I've got two very different friends... nobody CDs as far as I know, but...

1. generally deceptive, controlling, secretive, worried about what other's think (would run and hide if naked)...

2. outgoing, man's man, just does it, doesn't complain, doesn't care what anyone thinks (would walk down main street naked at the drop of a hat)...

I have to ask - with all those negative character traits, why is No. 1 still your friend?

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 02:43 AM
If you need to tell make it #2

johanna.kitten
07-12-2013, 03:03 AM
#2 as I think #1 would prolly also add some depressive bs ontop it all.

Yes, I did read the question... ;) Most of us did not. Scroll back, tapety-tap-click!

Hugs
/Giovanna

BLUE ORCHID
07-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Hi Chickhe, Just remember one thing you can't unring a bell once it's out there it's out there.

Chickhe
07-12-2013, 11:21 AM
...We need training in the English language! ...I was asking after getting the news that one or the other person with those character traits tells you they are a CDer, for which one would your reaction be positive?

The reason I'm asking...many CDers appear to be #1 when they decide they want to tell their wife. If you are more like #2, then would her response be more positive? Assuming the answer is yes, then I find an irony in it because you have to act like the big strong in control secure self accepting person that you probably are not. ...yet, if you do act that way and it works, you will become self accepting and secure...probably.