PDA

View Full Version : Purpose

Kate Simmons
07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I was contemplating today the reasons I stick around here on the Forum but it kind of struck me that I'm here for my friends, plain and simple. Yeah, I'm young at heart maybe and like to dance and socialize en femme, yadda, yadda, etc. but I think the real reason is to help and support my friends. Face it, I'm no "spring chicken" and in that respect do have the advantage of age and experience, but even then nothing is really "written in stone" when it comes to being a dynamic and flexible human being. Perhaps that is the real understood and unspoken goal of many of us here who do this stuff and to become someone who can express their feminine feelings in a viable, meaningful way or just plain do it because we like to. Either way works for me and I'm quite happy and content to share my thoughts, feelings and experiences as an older "woman" with my friends as needed. I can think of a lot worse ways to occupy my time for sure and it gives me a positive purpose to boot.:battingeyelashes: :)

Jodie_Lynn
07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Around my neck of the woods, a lot of folk have signs posted in their yards. The two I like most are these:

"Help Someone" and "I'M Grateful"

Two things that I try to do, every day. My philosophy is that we are all here to learn and to help, and we should be grateful for the opportunity to do both. Because, we never know how we affect peoples lives for the better, by simply being there.

And, I want to be the first to say 'Thanks' to you and to all on this forum for being here.

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Kate,
Like you I am happy with my circumstances and helping others.
What I do like is the social interaction we share together and with others.

BLUE ORCHID
07-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Hi Kate, This is such a wonderful forum where we have friends all over the world with just a click of the mouse.

kimdl93
07-12-2013, 08:03 AM
That pretty well sums up the higher purpose, if I have one, for hanging round here. I do find many discussions interesting and I've made some good friends along the way. And in the several years that I've frequented this site, my god how I have changed. The question often occurs to me,"has I changed with the help of the forum, or has participation in the forum changed me. Like Forrest Gump, it think its both.

suzy1
07-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Hi Kate, This is such a wonderful forum where we have friends all over the world with just a click of the mouse.

Yep, what she said.

Hi Blue :thumbup: