PDA

View Full Version : Body image: Not just a GG problem?

ReginaK
12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
I was just watching a segment on The View today where a young lady was talking about her experience as a model and having an eating disorder.

I was wondering if any of you ladies here have had similar problems eating or image problems related to crossdressing. Has anyone here ever starved themselves or had any anxiety due to your weight or size?

I know I look in the mirror sometimes and I get kinda down because i'm not as thin as some knockout I just saw on the internet, but it's never gotten to the point to where it's caused me any harm.

Cheery GG
12-20-2005, 12:31 PM
if i could add my twopenneth....

I think most people have issues with what they see in the mirror. I know i do. I dont think it would necessarily be related to cross dressing or anything else in particular. Whether were men or women or both were not immune to wanting to look like the objects we see on our tv's.

cheery
xx

Vivian Best
12-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if reality matched perception! I finally accepted the fact that I wasn't going to look like a model, never in a thousand years. I'm 6'2" which isn't much shorter than some of those models. They have something I don't, ability, talent, looks, grace and etc, etc, etc.

Really that has never concerned me, I just do the best I can and do not worry about things I can't change or do anything about.

Vivian:rose2: