PDA

View Full Version : So, later today, first steps into the world!

Khaleesi81
07-11-2013, 04:02 AM
I'm nervous already! Going to a support group this evening for the first time, not quite sure what to expect! Been emailing one of the organisers though who seems nice and answered all my questions. There's somewhere to get changed so don't have to worry about leaving the house in girl mode. There's a 'no admirers' policy too which I think is a good thing.

Actually went and bought a new outfit too, as the dress code is casual so thought my usual look of a pencil dress and heels might be a bit much. Got a nice skater dress in a sale. Score!

I've never met any other CDs in the flesh before though, hopefully I'll make some new friends. What was it like the first time you met others?

Lynn Marie
07-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Relax, they're all pretty much just like you. With a few twists I must admit. Most support groups no longer practice cannibalism so you should be fine. Have a good time girl.

LynnR
07-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Good luck Khaleesi. But I know from your amazing photos that you'll be just fine. Roughly whereabouts in the UK are you?

Khaleesi81
07-11-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm in the East Midlands. Yourself?

I'm glad cannibalism is no longer on the menu, as there's not too much meat on me!

stephNE
07-11-2013, 05:45 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun, have a great time and tell us how the evening turned out!

BLUE ORCHID
07-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Hi Khaleesi, Relax you will be among like minded friends.

kimdl93
07-11-2013, 07:23 AM
?.....Most support groups no longer practice cannibalism so you should be fine. Have a good time girl.

Uh.....umm..yeah, that's right, no cannibalism.

Princess Grandpa
07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Getting out into the real world (in a safe place) was one of the most liberating experiences. I hope you find the companionship and the answers you seek from this group. Have a great time outside!

Hug
Rita

Kaz
07-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Hey Khaleesi be sure to report back... cannibalism or not! East Mids? I am up in North Yorks, but have some friends in the Nottingham area... not CD though! And if things get tough, call on your dragons!

Bree Wagner
07-11-2013, 07:40 AM
I hope you're able to relax and have fun Khaleesi! That first night out while meeting others is an experience you'll never forget. It's amazing how much sharing one interest can lead to some great friendships.

-Bree

Jana
07-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Good for you, I hope you have a great time. It's good to reach out and be in touch with the community. Let us know how it goes.

Khaleesi81
07-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Nerves kicking in though! I've got too many friends to report back to on how it went to back out now though.
Just about to tidy my makeup bag and get my stuff together. Is it bad I'm thinking of taking a backup outfit?

Kate Simmons
07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
At the meetings I used to go to, there was always a get together snack after the meeting.Everyone was invited to bring something to munch on. Man, those gals could eat, that's for sure.:battingeyelashes::)

Khaleesi81
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Aaah! I'll see if there is snackage, I'll get into 50s housewife mode and bake a cake next time!

ErinP
07-11-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm sure you will have a fantastic time! You'll have about ten minutes of it and then feel complete. Some girls can be a bit over the top.

Erin

carhill2mn
07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I was nervous and excited! I am sure that you will find all kinds of girls there, like in any group. Just act "lady-like" and you
will be fine.

Enjoy!

4mymichelle
07-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Khaleesi,

Just take a deep breath and relax. You have already had several of your questions answered so there are no surprises. Everything is basically laid out for you: 1. Having a place to get dressed. 2. Being that it is a support group meeting of other CDs no one is going to judge you. 3. Plus having the no admirers policy insures that it is private. So what is there to do? Just have a wonderful time!

The first time I ever met other CDs was in a public place. I had to get dressed before going and then drive to the location. You can imagine thinking that everyone is looking at just you. Luckily everything went well and we were just a bunch of girls having a good time out in public. It is natural to be a little nervous with something you haven't done before. Take it one step at a time. You will be fine!

Just join in and I am sure you will have fun and make new friends:)

Hugs,
Michelle

Tracii G
07-11-2013, 04:53 PM
I was nervous my first time but you will be fine.Made some great friends there too.

Khaleesi81
07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Just got back!
I enjoyed it, though doing my makeup in the disabled toilet using the baby changing station as a shelf was a weird start. Walking into a room dressed as Isabella for the first time was an interesting experience, but got some nice compliments so I soon settled down.
Everyone was nice, interesting to see the range of people there and their reasons for dressing as well. Looking forward to going back!

Farrah
07-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I love seeing another cd'er getting her wings!...I hope you enjoy!

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 01:16 AM
We all have to fly out of the nest sometime.
Good luck for the future.

TeresaCD
07-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Way to go!
Glad it was a positive first step..

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Best wishes sweetie, I will be cheering you on.

Khaleesi81
07-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Actually took my first steps into the world alone last night, had a quick walk round the block in the evening! Didn't see anyone, but was still fun just to be out in the open air!

Also walking in a pencil skirt was much harder than it is outside the house! :D

reb.femme
07-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Hi Isabella,

Glad to hear it went well for you. I've got to miss my group meet tonight, family BBQ and all that today.
It's a great feeling isn't it just getting out and about dressed pretty?

Reb

Ellie52
07-13-2013, 06:28 AM
soooooooooooooooooo Jealous but good luck for the future. Your pics are fabulous...Elie