PDA

View Full Version : Your Reasons for dressing?

Briana90802
07-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Just wondering what are the different reasons that you crossdress?

When I first started crossdressing it was because it was sexual. But then I continued because I felt sexy. But then I realized that it was more than that. To me it became a way to express myself. I love women's clothing. I could never tell other guys that I love that dress or those shoes are cute etc... And that I wanted own those clothes. More than anything just wanted to dress like that.

So what are your reasons for crossdressing?

pedalpusher
07-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Started about 40 years ago now growing up with a single mom and grandmom. Obviously I began exploring with there things and have never stopped. I live as Lynn year round now and love everyday. Enjoy it sweetie.

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2013, 01:54 PM
After almost 60 years of dressing, full time since 2004, I just prefer to present myself as a woman. The choice of clothing, the makeup, the entire experience is so uplifting and joyful.

Angela Campbell
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
It is pretty simple for me. It is the only way I can look like a girl.

So you ask now, why do I want to look like a girl?

Because I am one.

Jenessa
07-11-2013, 02:08 PM
It started as curious exploring (or so I though) at around 8, Over time it has become a way to express who my true self.

Sabrina133
07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
It started out as an overwhelming combination of curiosity of what the fabrics and materials felt like tied to an admiration for everythign feminine. At first it was completely non sexual. Eventually, i realized i liked boys. If i liked boys then obviously, i was a girl, if i was a girl, than i should certainly dress like one. In college, i realized i also liked girls. It wasn't until after college that I disassociated my love of dressing with my sexuality. By the time i realized that and accepted the fact that I was Bi, i had become comfortable with the fact that i loved to present as a female.

That is a much abbreviated synopsys of why i dress.

Bree.

Beth Kelly
07-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Because it feels good, and it's how express my feminine side it is balancing having the masculine and feminine

BLUE ORCHID
07-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi Briana, It all started over 65 years ago , It's who I am and it's what I do.

Kate Simmons
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I ultimately realized that this was the best way to get closest to women who I totally admire and want to be like. Women took care of me when I was little, women lifted me up when everyone else put me down. This involved very deep feelings on my part and I used the dressing to accomplish this. For better or for worse, this is who I am and it does make me happy.:)

kimdl93
07-11-2013, 02:45 PM
its me....all those other rationalizations have come and gone. Now, the clothes are simply a way of bringing conformity to the inside and outside.

carhill2mn
07-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Recently, this was a topic in another group. this was my reply.

Why do I dress?

There are many reasons; so many, in fact, I may not remember them all!

I love the look and feel of womens clothes. I love heels although, due to health reasons, I am no longer able to wear some of mine. I like to wear pretty jewelry - earrings, rings, necklaces. I like to
see the change in my appearance when I makeup my eyes as well as my face. I like what wigs do to change my appearance.

I thorougly enjoy looking like a woman and being treated as a lady!
I like how I look as a woman much better than as a man. I guess you could say "Because I love to be dressed"!

Paula DAngelo
That's a question that I've been asking myself a lot lately. After all the thought that I've given it I finally came to a realization, I dress because that's who I am. When I'm dressed I feel like I'm complete, that what was wrong is now right if only for a short time. So now that I've come to that realization what does that make me? It makes me confused, since I don't know how far I want to take this to feel right. All I know for certain is life's never easy.

Vickie_CDTV
I ultimately realized that this was the best way to get closest to women who I totally admire and want to be like. Women took care of me when I was little, women lifted me up when everyone else put me down. This involved very deep feelings on my part and I used the dressing to accomplish this. For better or for worse, this is who I am and it does make me happy.:)

Same here, I emulate the women who loved and cared for me in my life, and one way I emulate them is to dress like them.

Lacyfem
07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
I've been thinking about this now and do I need a reason for dressing?

Gwinnie
07-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I love the look and feel of women's clothing. So many more options. And mostly, cause I hate myself as a male.

Gwendolyn

linda booth
07-11-2013, 02:54 PM
For a reason I never understood since I was a child I found women in lingerie, skirts & dresses to be beautiful. When Ii did get to dress up I liked it even better. Re the thread on. slips : for some reason, I find satin trimmed with lace very exciting. I had this feeling before I ever knew what sex was!

mariehart
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
When I first started dressing I tried to figure it out. I came to the conclusion that it was a way of getting close to girls. But early on I often wished and wished and wished I would wake up in the morning as a girl. But because I was 12 years old and found myself attracted to girls and boys. I couldn't figure it out.

Now I know. Most of my life I was a girl pretending to be a boy. Got quite good at it I thought.

Seana Summer
07-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh Oh

I didn't know I needed a reason!;)

I just like to wear women's cloths. I like the feel of them and it is a bit of an escape. I started when I was about 4

Seana

nethiker55
07-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Love the look feel and varity. I find skirts much more comfortable than jeans.
I grew up with 3 older sisters and my mother, dad worked nights so I only saw him on sundays, thus I had more female influences. I was very curious how it felt and decided to try my sisters clothes when I was 7 or 8 and remembered playing dress up when I was younger. and then my sisters decided it would be fun to dress me and while I protested I secretly love it
So now I do it whenever I can

Farrah
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Is it a bad thing that I don't know why I crossdress/crossdressed. I honestly don't know why. I think I like the process just as much as I like being dressed. I love the preparation. I enjoy applying the make-up, putting on the sexy undergarments, sliding on those hose, and finally zipping up that dress or skirt. However, I can't pinpoint one reason that I dress!...The thrill maybe? :)

Julie Denier
07-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Is it a bad thing that I don't know why I crossdress/crossdressed. I honestly don't know why. I think I like the process just as much as I like being dressed. I love the preparation. I enjoy applying the make-up, putting on the sexy undergarments, sliding on those hose, and finally zipping up that dress or skirt. However, I can't pinpoint one reason that I dress!...The thrill maybe? :)

I began scrolling down this thread not knowing how I'd answer, but I think this sums it up for me, too. I love being a guy -- quite comfortable and secure, wouldn't want that to change. But there's something about the ritual of dressing that's all at once thrilling, erotic and comforting ... it's hard to get enough of it.

Stevie
07-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Sexual was a big part of if but now it more comforting than anything. It just feels so natural like I was meant to wear this.

adrienner99
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
I envy CDs who can dress without wondering or caring about The Big Why. Some can just enjoy it and don't have to delve into deep soul searching. But I have always wondered and never come up with a better answer than, it's who I am. In no other aspect of life do I feel such a strong combination of peace and excitement.

Patty
07-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Because it feels right!

Ellie52
07-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I began scrolling down this thread not knowing how I'd answer, but I think this sums it up for me, too. I love being a guy -- quite comfortable and secure, wouldn't want that to change. But there's something about the ritual of dressing that's all at once thrilling, erotic and comforting ... it's hard to get enough of it.
Me too. I enjoy being a guy but I love the way I look as Eloise. My problem is I get tired of it after about 4 hours and usually change back into mens clothes. Maybe if I had the nerve to expand out of the bedroom to the great outdoors it would be better but I doubt it.. Ellie

Princess Grandpa
07-11-2013, 07:39 PM
I have given this a lot of thought over the last six months. I can't come up with a why for love or money. I read online, not sure which site, I think maybe renderer eyes.com something to the affect of "don't worry about why you do it, just have fun with it. This resonated big with me and I quit wondering and am just having fun!

There is definitely a sexual component. *giggles* we are acting like a couple of teenagers. There is something more though. If it were just a fetish I wouldn't be wanting capris or dresses and skirts. It would only be about the lingerie bplease don't misunderstand me, I do love lingerie. But I also love putting on an outfit, (I have several to choose from now that are appropriate for my age and station)? And going about my daily routine.

Hug
Rita

stephNE
07-11-2013, 07:43 PM
I really can't give you a specific reason why, other than to say it is so relaxing and comfortable, that it is the most enjoyable thing in my life. It is not sexual, just the way life should be for me.

AshleyW
07-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Supressing my gender made me sad; expressing my gender makes me happy. I could come up with all sorts of other reasons and etiological speculations but in the end it's really as simple as that.

5150 Girl
07-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm a miss-assighned lesbian... So for me dressing is about putting things at least some-what back into alignment. (now if only I could afford HRT and SRS)

sometimes_miss
07-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I crossdressed in order to reinforce the feeling of being female; the visual and tactile input told me what I was feeling was accurate. It was a conditioned response to something that happened to me during a stage of development where my gender identity was being formed. I'm currently on a sabatical from crossdressing. two months and counting.

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 01:11 AM
It is fun, relaxing and when I was young I was a girl along with the rest of my group.
They were all girls and I had a fantastic relationship with the group.

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 01:18 AM
If I went outside undress I would be arrested.

Dianne S
07-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I crossdress because it is fun and makes me feel relaxed, peaceful and calm.

As to why crossdressing does that for me... I have no idea. I've given up trying to analyze it and now I just enjoy it.

Sandieland
07-12-2013, 10:35 AM
My reasons for dressing might be somewhat different from most. I have no SO, I'm older and don't have that many people in my life that would be impacted by learning about my hidden life style. Perhaps it's a chance to escape a male personae that has too much baggage to it, perhaps to have a chance to be someone else, someone who is new and without all those negative vibes... I can't say right now, but someday I may have the answers. One thing is sure though. Since I have been moving more and more into dressing, it has become a very positive thing. I'm now more focused than ever before. Focused on getting in shape, losing weight, eating right, taking care of my body in every way. Now, my skin is clearer, my hair more luxurious, my attitude more positive and my friends more real and caring. Yes, there may be negative things ahead, but what dressing has given me is so much more than any difficulties I will face. I sincerely believe this.

Erica Marie
07-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Oh. I didnt know I needed a reason either. My bad, I just figure if I feel like a girl on the inside why cant I look like one on the outside. Is it my fault my birth cetificate says boy? I guess in these modern times they need to change the form and have you fill it in later in life.
Boy( )
Girl ( )
Other ( )

Im going with other (x)

Dora
07-12-2013, 11:40 AM
For me its to explore my fem side, I have more fem attributes that I want to explore.

daviolin
07-12-2013, 12:03 PM
CLOTHES, CLOTHES, CLOTHES AND MORE CLOTHES. Oh did I mention it is the clothes? Daviolin

Brittany CD
07-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Good question.

Personally, I love women's clothes as much as women do. Women's fashion is just something I've grown to love

As for the becoming a women aspect, I find it fun to put on a new face and be a different person. There is something about the appearance of a woman that I admire and like to emulate

deebra
07-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Because I love getting in a womans panties, if not hers then mine, and a lot of the above reasons too.

Alexis.j
07-12-2013, 01:47 PM
It makes me happy!
I've tried suppressing my dressing and it really gets me down and depressed! Its bad enough when im working and so forth.
My goal is to go full time, but whether that is realistically possible, is another question...
All I know is that im happy when dressed and expressing my femininity (not all overboard girly though).

Celeste
07-13-2013, 12:03 AM
I've got lots of reasons from the past but they all have evolved into...."I like expanding the boundaries of my expression and all of the feelings that accompany that".

mirandacdgirl
07-13-2013, 12:08 AM
it was sexual at first..most of us go though that but now its just to feel pretty.

Imeni
07-13-2013, 12:17 AM
I have been dressing up like I do for over 25 years, since I was old enough to walk around the house without direct supervision of my parents. I explored my mom's closet, saw a dress and knew I wanted to wear it. SoI did. And it's been like that since. At first it wasn't a sexual thing, it just made me feel REALLY good when I did it, and when I came of age when I started to notice girls it took this weird direction. Now everytime I do it, well, things get hard. There has been a few times where I have sex while doing it so part of my brain associates sex with crossdressing, even if its just me putting on a really pretty dress and swooshing around the house like an idiot full of glee. Why do any of us do what we do? Because we do. :D

Ellie52
07-13-2013, 03:18 AM
If I went outside undress I would be arrested.
Arlene - Now that I would pay to see. If we get a collection together would you film it? Ellie

ArleneRaquel
07-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Ellie,
You bad sis, but you are my kind of bad. :):battingeyelashes::heehee::devil:

Brenda Freeman
07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
When young I was drawn to my moms lingerie tried it on and it felt wonderful! I felt guilty though. today 50 years later I just love dressing up lingerie, dresses, heels, wig and make up! It feels wonderful, I love how I look and I do not feel guilty or ashamed and thats why I do it! Best feeling ever

LilSissyStevie
07-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I angered the gods and was condemned to the Sisyphean (sissyphean!?) absurdity of crossdressing where I climb the heights of "femininity" and, just when "she" is within reach, I come crashing back to my "masculine" reality. I'm condemned to repeat this forever.

It could be worse, I guess.

CONSUELO
07-13-2013, 05:20 PM
i love the feel and look of women's clothes and how my body changes when I put on a corset and bra. I also feel very sexy in women's clothes. I also love all of the accessories, the makeup and the jewelry.

GGJeanie
07-13-2013, 05:29 PM
While some of the responses as to the beginning of their lifestyles are different, there seems to be a key reason as to why everyone keeps on doing it - simply because it feels right and they like it. I'm really trying to understand CD men, and though I'm not a Cross-dresser, I am really enjoying reading everyone's different responses. :)

GeorgeA
09-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I had a fetish for women's lingerie & nylons. The only way I could see them on a regular basis was to wear them myself. After so many years of dressing it became natural to have them on. I felt more comfortable in a skirt than trousers. As I said in my previous posts I do not try to look like a woman. I do not use jewellery, make-up, brassieres (I have nothing to put in them, and falsies are uncomfortable) or women's shoes. I consider myself a man, who just likes to dress differently than almost all other men. Even though the fetish aspect is now mostly gone, I am still more comfortable and relaxed in a skirt. As I said above I do not try to look like a woman and therefore I have no desire to go out. I have gone out on my balcony, front porch to pick up my newspaper and mail, just look around to see if the street is clear. There is not much pedestrian traffic in front of my house, mostly cars going by. I have gone on my back porch at night when my neighbours are asleep. I even dared to go on the sidewalk in front of my house, very late at night, and walked a few steps in both directions.
I would like to mention that I fully support the efforts of my friends here who try to fully emulate women and even venture shopping, clubs and driving en femme. Judging by the photos in the gallery many are so successful that they look more like women, than some women do. I'm sure it takes a lot of dedication and effort to achieve such looks. Kudos to you.

Connief
09-14-2013, 09:52 AM
When young I was drawn to my moms lingerie tried it on and it felt wonderful! I felt guilty though. today 50 years later I just love dressing up lingerie, dresses, heels, wig and make up! It feels wonderful, I love how I look and I do not feel guilty or ashamed and thats why I do it! Best feeling ever

Sounds like you and I have been on the same path. I also started the same way some 50 years ago. Today, dressing just feels right. I like feeling pretty, feeling feminine.

Rachael Leigh
09-14-2013, 10:21 AM
I started too because it was sexual, as I went further and further I began to understand I didn't need to have the makeup and all the outside stuff to look like a girl. It's brought me to a new place where if I choose to wear something I like than I do I want to be more bold and wear not so conventional clothing for guys in public. I've been able to do this while in my workout gear at the local park but not like a skirt or top. Maybe someday .

molly m
09-14-2013, 11:18 AM
it has always been a sexual arousal thing for me, as well, and it grew out of a fetish for pantyhose and tights, which i love to see on attractive women. with my wife and girlfriends, there would always be a pair of scissors on the nightstand for a quick snip and tear for access at the appropriate moment. lol!. however, i can also recall finding pairs of tights that had belonged to my sister in storage in my basement when i was a little boy and enjoying putting them on, and that was certainly long before i became a sexual being, so maybe there's always been more to it than sexual arousal.

anyway, it has only been in the last couple of years that i have started getting fully dressed up with a wig and all, and i have discovered that i love spending time "being" a girl, not a man wearing woman's clothing. for the same reason, it's exciting being in this forum. it feels awesome to talk about being a girl! so, while even that arouses me, i've come to think that it's more than that on some level. the bottom line is that feels so good, so there's no reason not to do it, right?!

Celina
09-14-2013, 03:57 PM
My way into dressing has also been due to my "fetish" or love for pantyhose. I remember as a very young kid, I would wear moms pantyhose whenever I could. And I recall that I even got permission to run around in the house wearing pantyhose. As I grew older it became a sexual thing, and I it still is today. I love women in pantyhose, and I love wearing them. Besides that I found that my mom had some many different clothing objects and even shoes, so I would try it on frequently when I had the change. That kinda kept on for many years. When my younger brother and I was forced to share room, it kinda stopped, and only occasionally could I slip into a pair of pantyhose.

It wasen't untill I met my GF 4½ years ago, that it came back again. And since I frequently get to wear pantyhose at home, all the other things came with it. I'd say there is a sexual thing to it, but it just as much the fascination and love for female clothing that I have allways had. I've allways thought and belived that women has all the fun and exciting clothes aswell as high heels... As I've accepted this part of me, I've started to create Selina, and now I really just love dressing, and I love the excitment of shopping for it aswell! It's so much fun! :heehee:

edith
09-14-2013, 04:56 PM
The short answer is that I am compelled to do it. There are secondary reasons but ultimately it's just an irrational impulse that I follow because it brings me happiness and satisfaction. I do have to actively control it though or I become obsessive and anxious about it.

vallerie lacy
09-14-2013, 05:03 PM
it seems to have started for most of us with the exposure to someones "unmentionables", once we felt the softness of nylon or whatever that was so foreign to us. I can remember the first time I put on a pair of my mothers stockings when I went to bed at night. I must have been so overcome with the euphoric feeling that I forgot to hide them and the next morning my mother woke me and wondered "what are they doing in your bed".I DON'T KNOW. and so it progressed to panties, that I stole from the dressers of my friends mothers. and here I am today communicating with strangers about my deepest darkest secret. if it feels good and doesn't hurt anyone than "RIDE ON COWGIRLS"

molly m
09-14-2013, 05:26 PM
I've allways thought and belived that women has all the fun and exciting clothes aswell as high heels... As I've accepted this part of me, I've started to create Selina, and now I really just love dressing, and I love the excitment of shopping for it aswell! It's so much fun! :heehee:

you nailed it there, Selina! i have always enjoyed buying clothes for my wife and girlfriends for birthdays and christmas, and always told them how much better it was than shopping for my own clothes, which i did only when absolutely necessary! men's clothing is just so boring and uniform; so little variety. in fact, the only thing i've ever enjoyed shopping for is women's clothing/shoes. most of my buddies never dare to buy clothes for their wives/girlfriends and wouldn't be caught dead even walking into like a victoria's secret, which i always thought was strange. i mean, don't you know what you think looks sexy on your woman? do you not pay attention to such things??? it makes no sense. the way i looked at it, since i was always buying things i couldn't wait to see on her, it was really a present for both of us! and every woman that i ever bought clothes/shoes for always loved my taste and wore them often. so, now i'm just able to use all that experience for my own benefit and never realized that would be the case at the time! :battingeyelashes:

xd-tigger
09-15-2013, 02:36 AM
I crossdress because I love the feeling of wonans clothes. They are sexier than men's, and I feel more relaxed dressed.

GenderCurious Andrea
09-15-2013, 03:09 AM
I don't know really I started when I was a kid. I loved women so much I kinda wanted to be one. I never told anyone till I matured and realized I don't have to hide who I am. I still get nervous even talking to people about it but I feel more comfortable with myself.

Marcelle
09-15-2013, 06:43 AM
I can't really say where it began for me. I grew up in an all female family (mother and 2 sisters) all my cousins were girls. In fact I was the only boy in the family. I remember looking at their clothes and thinking they were pretty and wished I could wear them instead of my boring clothes.

Fast forward to now. I would be lying if I did not say there is a sexual component to my dressing. However, now that I am out to my wife it is more sensual. Specifically, the process of transforming myself, make-up, wig, lingerie, clothing provides me with a sensuality I cannot get when I go male mode. So long story short, I do it to get in touch with my feminine sensuality and because if just plain feels good :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

TheMissus
09-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Same here, I emulate the women who loved and cared for me in my life, and one way I emulate them is to dress like them.

Interesting - my H's role models were women too (his father was a loser) and he says the same thing only the sexual aspect has remained for him for various reasons. Still, it's intriguing to me that men emulate that which they admire. I wonder why we GG's don't emulate the men we admire? Or maybe we do but we don't use visual aids but rather an internalization of what a man is? Think the ball-busting female boss!

Yep, interesting :)

Vickie_CDTV
09-16-2013, 02:24 AM
Interesting - my H's role models were women too (his father was a loser) and he says the same thing only the sexual aspect has remained for him for various reasons. Still, it's intriguing to me that men emulate that which they admire. I wonder why we GG's don't emulate the men we admire?

Some men reach for the things that remind them of feelings of comfort and security when they were very young, to become aroused as adults. Not unlike salmon that return to their place of birth to spawn I suppose.

Tina_gm
09-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I guess the reason why I dress is that I have inner femininity. I feel both masculine and feminine, sometimes at the same time, sometimes one more than the other. I usually feel at least somewhat feminine more so than most guys I am certain. What my percentage of masculine and feminine is, I do not know, it seems to vary quite a bit. But I can say that I spend about 90% if not more of the time dressed in traditional men's clothing. And I can say that I have a higher percentage of femininity that is part of my being than 10%. So, cding feels very comforting and relaxing as it helps to connect and express the inner femininity that I have. I would imagine that when I put on women's clothes and heels, I get a similar feeling to how women feel at the end of the day when they take them off, and change into more "comfy" clothes. For me. cding is comfy clothes. I would also imagine that if I were to dress as often as I am actually feminine, that feeling would likely not be such an ahhhh type of feeling. But I would still feel comfortable and connected just the same.

Laura28
09-16-2013, 05:04 PM
i like most everyone else started when i was a child, i dont recall the age the first time i tried on my mothers slip. I beleive now w=she new but never said anything. i do know it started with a slip and progress from there. I remeber vividly the first time i tried lipstick i was about 9 or 10 and loved it(again my mothers). Back then it seemed to be sexual but i dont think that was the reason why i just now it got me excited. I stopped for years but always loved looking through the sunday flyiers at the womans cloths. When i was dating my wife i told her i use to dress and enjoyed it. She said so, Got to love her didnt phase her in the least. I always had a thing for TS porn, loved to look at pictures and video (of course back then there wasnt video but there were some magazines. Once my wife and i started living together i would try her stuff on when she wasnt home even though she didnt care i hid it from her, one day i went in her bra drawer and there was a new bra with a note that said stop using mine you are stretching them this one is yours, that went on for year we purchased some more things for me, then it stopped Kids came along and for years i didnt dress ocassionally i would try something of hers on when alone and still thought about it. then about 5 years ago it came back with a vengance, and this time i have taking it further then i ever had. Make up cloths wig forms etc... So i told her i was dressing again and she said good i know you like it so you should do it. I should say that it is not sexual in way now although my wife and i will be intimate when i am wear bra and panties. Now it is just something that is part of me. I love when i am dressed i love putting on make up and seeing the transition to Laura. What i find funny is that although my wife loves laura and considers her just as impportant as my male side in our relationship and she has no issues with me dressing and seeing me dressed however she does not want to see me with a wig??? Make fine cloths fine forms fine but she draws a line with the wig, yet she likes when i am away and send her pictures all dressed wig and all???? Any thoughts on this from anyone? So that brings us to present i am lasering off all my hair which she loves and so do i my breast are a 38 full B or small C natural ( i do pump and have been for years) i would like to be more femme hormones but wouldnt want to go all the way if that makes sense? I do know this i have a side of me that is fem and i enjoy her and have accepted her. i am relaxed when dressed and calmer.

Georgina
09-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I just love the clothes and underwear, how they look and feel.

Christina Kay
09-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Started when I was a child. Probably around 9. 1st were panties then a bra. Wasn't sexual just felt right, like I should be wearing them. Was always told as a child to pretty for a boy , he should of been a girl with the long lashes, and complexion. Then puberty hit and having some gynecomastia. Embarrassing yes, but I had breasts, enough to fill a small cup bra. Talk about confusion. Would under dress when younger and the colder weather and heavier clothes would hide anything I was wearing. But always it would make me feel calmer , pretty, how could this be wrong? But like most of us , you hide it. Put her away and the calming feelings also. Now I am understanding more about my inner girl. Excepting the waves of emotion, she brings to me. I feel now the release of my inner girl ,is just as satisfying as when I would dress, in my early years. There's more of a relaxing sense of peace now. Don't get me wrong the dressing is just as fun, but now I express the emotions so much more. It feels like a complete package now. Not bits and piece's.So that is why I dress to feel complete. Alot of what I understand now. Is because of all the girls on this forum. Your experiences , heartfelt advice, the pm's , the helping hand.I have learned about myself . I am a better person because of you girls. :) hugs .

ryenmatt
09-16-2013, 08:07 PM
I dress for the styles and colors. Since my favorite color is pink well that leads me to the women's department obviously. With everything in my life I am always asking myself "Why can't I do something?" Why can't I wear a skirt? Is there a law that says I can't? Why can't I wear this? I have always been a nonconformist. Why do I have to do things this way? and so on and so on. I just opened myself up. So what if it is sold in the "women's" department. Just because a store employee happen to stock that particular item in the women's department does that mean that only women can wear or buy that item now. Why are the clothing rules different for men and women? They shouldn't be and I break that rule all the time by wearing skirts and such in guy mode :) :). As far as guy/girl mode I do go for that either. I have one mode that is me mode. Society's rule seems to be if your a guy and wanna wear "women's" clothes you have to go full fem with wigs and makeup and the whole nine. it is either all or nothing. Which I have noticed that alot of people on this forum seem to reinforce. But women don't have to do that. They can just throw on their boyfriends shorts and tshirt and head out the door. Equality?? I don't think so. Will "crossdressing" ever be accepted. Probably not cause too many people reinforce the "passable" belief and don't have the balls to be a trailblazer such as myself. I dress the way I wanna dress cause I see all these bald headed ladies like Miley Cryrus, Robin Roberts, Natalie Portman, Demi Moore all rock the bald look in dresses and "women's clothes" WHY CAN'T I do the same thing???

Dalva
09-17-2013, 12:21 AM
All I'm going to say after reading all the posts above is "Ditto"

I am what I am. I do what I do. CDing is just what it is for me, regardless of how I got here.

MissTee
09-17-2013, 12:41 AM
It's a way for me to express myself and how I feel. Not sure I understand it and frankly I don't care to dissect it. I chose to remain private with it, and share it only with my accepting and supportive spouse. I'm perfectly fine with letting the deeper meaning examinations/debates occur through by the good folks here. I read their feedback, but don't get wrapped up in the philosophical "what fits where" stuff. Prefer to spend my time browsing shoe sales :chatterbox:

rhonda
09-17-2013, 12:53 PM
I got hooked on panties slips and silky or saton dresses

CynthiaD
09-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Because it makes me look like I'm supposed to look. It makes the person in the mirror look like the person I've always imagined myself to be. There was never a time when I didn't feel this way.

GeorgeA
09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Ryenmatt, your ideas parallel mine in many ways. I also don't believe in "passability" and would like to be just "a guy in a skirt".

robindee36
09-17-2013, 04:04 PM
I just love being a girl. Have felt this way my entire life. Short of transitioning, which is not a possibility, this is as close as I am going to get. But I so love being a girl.

Hugs, Robin

Trixxxy
09-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I believe the very fundimental nature of this argument is sexual and for all of us to some extent sexuality drives our desire to dress up. I started when I was 5 and have done it off and on all my life. It destroyed one marriage and also found me the love of my life and honestly everyone who I have come out to with the excepption of my ex has been supportive and understanding. Socially we are undergoing a renissance of gender unlike anything in history and it is an amazing time to be here.

1zzyn1zzy
09-17-2013, 05:50 PM
I agree to a certain point but it may not be 100% sexual for everyone, but it is for me. I just started dressing a couple months ago and I can tell you that I love every second of it, masturbation doesn't come close and better yet you are not hurting anyone, at least in my situation since I don't have a family.

xoxo
:battingeyelashes:
izzy

robindee36
09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
My take is it is about sex and sexuality. Sexuality being who we see ourselves as, male or female. Sex being who we desire to be with man or woman. I like to throw a spanner in the works because my sexuality is feminine but I want the intimacy of others like me. Some have coined the term Lipstick Lesbian. Well, if the shoe fits ;)

Hugs girls, Robin

DebbieL
09-17-2013, 06:35 PM
I'll start by pointing out that I'm TS not just CD.

I've been dressing since I was about 2 years old. Back then, I think I just wanted to look pretty like the other girls at sunday school. I'd may skirts out of towels. When I made a dress out of a dry cleaner bag, mom made a belt for me from part of the bag. When dad got home, he didn't mind me in the dress, but he was worried that I would suffocate, so mom made one out of a pillow case.

When I was about 4 I wanted to be part of a "circus" that the girls across the street were doing. All I had to do was jump off the garage roof onto a stack of mattresses & springs below. I remember how much I trusted them.

When I dressed, I felt incredibly calm, relaxed, like I belonged in my skin. I'd get goose bumps like when someone feather touches your back.

By 6 I was playing with other girls and we were at that trading clothes stage. The girls traded my clothes for theirs, and I really liked wearing the dress with all the trimmings (cotton tights, panties, and mary jane shoes.

When I was forced to stop playing with the girls, I hated playing with the boys. I wanted to be a girl.
I'd dress up in my mom's church clothes from the dirty clothes hamper.
Again, it gave me that really calm feeling.

Later, I started having erections, but couldn't have orgasms.
As a result, it felt good, but wasn't really sexual.
Even then, I wanted to be a princess who fell in love with a princess.

By the time I was 11, I was starting to have sexual feelings, and dressing was part of it.
At that time, my mom's clothes actually FIT, and she would let me help her pick them out.
Even as a kid I loved to go clothes shopping with my mom (because I knew I would eventually wear what she bought).
I could look at myself in the mirror and see the beautiful girl I wanted to be, and would be sexually attracted to her.

Later that year, I ejaculated for the first time. It felt good, but it made a horrible mess, so I hated it.
I started wearing the more sexy things in mom's drawer. A favorite was a teddy made with layers of black (outside) and white (inside) chiffon.
I would try to delay orgasm as long as possible because I hated the mess.

My dad tried to explain the birds and bees when I was 10, and showed me pictures from playboy. The naked women didn't do much for me, but women in lingerie got me excited. I'd imagine myself wearing something identical, and both of us together rubbing against each other. I imagined she took control and seduced me.
Essentially, I wanted a woman who acted like a man but dressed sexy and beautiful like a woman.

Often, even when I had orgasms, I would still want to keep wearing the outfit. I almost always slept better when dressed (more relaxed I guess).

At about 18, in College, I started under-dressing. Even though the sexual thrill wore off quickly, it actually seemed more right to me. I started buying women's tights and leotards for my stage movement (dance) class. By the end of the first semester, the whole classed figured out that I was a cross-dresser. They didn't know I was transsexual. They DID notice that I liked being "one of the girls" and frequently hung out with other women rather than the men. In a school with 900 women and 25 men, it wasn't hard to be "one of the girls".

When I lost my virginity at 21, I couldn't have orgasms. I wasn't dressed and I kept focusing on her pleasure. She had to tie me down to force me to focus on my pleasure. I really enjoyed letting her take control like that, and being the sexual aggressor. I was afraid to tell her about the dressing, because I thought I would lose her. When she figured it out, she left me a note on my windshield the next day saying she never wanted to see me again.

After 2 years chaste, I was ready to try again. This time, I moved in with the girl, and threw out my wardrobe before that, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore. 3 weeks later, I let her know, and she pretended to accept it. However, dressing was limited to bedroom and sexual activities. She didn't want me out in public.

When I finally DID start going out, as suggested by a sponsor, it was like a whole new person had come to life!
I felt happier and freer than I had ever felt as a boy. I wanted to dance, diet, and look as good as I could.
I got really interested in other people, being more compassionate and understanding.
I flirted more, giving complements to both men and women, because I WANTED to and felt like I COULD!

As Debbie, I was more authentic, genuine, compassionate, understanding, forgiving, and loving than Rex had EVER been.
Because Rex was an "act" I had created to survive and avoid the real and imaginary threats if I were discovered.

Is I got older, my wardrobe and gender lines blurred. I'd find women's clothes that I could wear as a man.
Gradually, more and more of my wardrobe turned female, and now it's down to ONLY the pup-tent shirts I wear to cover developing breasts.

In a few months, I will probably transition to working as a woman. Even for the last 6 months, I have been letting the "Girl" out more.
The result was astonishing - highest performance rating I've EVER gotten anywhere.

pinklilly211
09-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Edith, I printed out your reply for my wife. This is what I have always wanted to tell her!!!!

pinklilly211
09-17-2013, 06:47 PM
P.s. Thanks!!!!!!

Sue Too
09-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Because it is me! When I am en femme i feel complete. I can cope with my male side but I really have no desire to embrace it. My journey is just beginning, and I will not rest until I am living my female dream.

Susan in Phoenix

~Joanne~
09-17-2013, 06:57 PM
My So and I were discussing this today. Basically the reason "Why?". She wasn't asking me why, I was just trying to explain to her the reason why. Why I feel I need to buy women's clothes, paint my toes, have my girl time and such and the answer was the same as it has been since I started this.....I don't know why. I have accepted it for what it is solely to myself and since she is on board...not much else matters.

ArleneRaquel
09-17-2013, 10:02 PM
I feel the most happy & at ease when I dress as a woman. I love living this lifestyle.

Jamie Christopher
09-17-2013, 10:24 PM
For me it was always there is nothing similar between male and female clothing, and they have all the fun stuff!

Jamie

Dani0948
09-17-2013, 10:32 PM
I dress because it feels so good. I may not be pretty, but I feel pretty when dressed.

kellibra
09-17-2013, 11:01 PM
not sure beyond what others have said here. i suppose we all have a feminine side that needs to express itself and be nurtured. i also started secretly experimenting with hosiery, lipstick and polish in my early to middle teen years. it's now part of who i am. always wish i had been a girl and now i enjoy living out my fantasy.

julie marie1
09-20-2013, 10:25 PM
What are my reasons for dressing?
I can't give a definitive answer to this, it just feels right.
I also like the challenge of "passing".
But part of it is that when I am dressed, as I am now, this is a side of me that is totally disjoint from my everyday persona.
This who know me would never guess that I am a crossdresser and probably be surprised to find out (to put it mildly.)