PDA

View Full Version : Please STOP me from shaving my legs..... UGGGGG

GinaM
07-11-2013, 08:02 PM
So, this morning I decided to see what it would be like to shave my legs. I figured it would be a terrible experience and I would go thru 10 razor blades etc. I only did the top part of my legs up to my knees and I stopped. Holly CRAP I'm loving it. I even got to dress and wear stay-up nylons and they actually stay up and it looks so frigen sexy looking down and not having to wear 2 pairs of nylons. Now, I'm going to be going out tomorrow en femme and I'm dying to shave the rest of my legs. It will be a major step for me and I'm not sure how the wife will feel. She HATES hair as much as I do and I already shave my chest and arms and she likes that. The only problem is that I'm a fitness instructor and I'm not sure if people will notice and what they will think and/or say. I was thinking if someone asks I would say that I got something on my leg and tried getting it off and when I did I made it look worse so I had no choice but to shave it all off.

Ladies, what do I do????

Princess Grandpa
07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Julie and I just removed the vast majority of my hair. Back, legs, arms, chest, all smooth as, well, as smooth as a 50 year old man can get. This was yet another step prompted by my wife. I probably would have just walked around looking like corporal Klinger.

OMG I can't believe how great it is! So far nobody has noticed. At least nobody has been like "dude you got no hair"

Hug
Rita

Angie Sweet
07-11-2013, 08:12 PM
My advice is to go for it. If you already shave your chest and arms, it won't look so odd if your legs are shaved. You can always say you did it so the bottom matches the top. Also, since you are a fitness instructor, you probably have some fit legs, and they would look even better shaved.
Remember, if it causes you problems, it will grow back.

STACY B
07-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Don't do it ,,, Get some Neet an take it ALL OFF ,,,

Raychel
07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
the only real problem I found is once you start you will have to shave forever. but there is nothing like it.

whowhatwhen
07-11-2013, 08:35 PM
"Did you shave your legs?"
"Yep."
"Oh, okay."

Go for it!

CONSUELO
07-11-2013, 08:36 PM
I gave up on shaving because hair grew back so quickly. I went to waxing and now I have a total body wax and I use a depilator to keep the interval between waxing as long as possible. One piece of advice is to exfoliate and make sure to use a good antibiotic to keep down bacterial infections that cause red dot. I had terrible trouble with little but unsightly pore infections. Now, before my waxing session I make sure that I have exfoliated and I use Hibiclens soap to make sure that the natural skin bacteria are under control.
Once you have hairless legs and keep them that way, they brown up a little in the sun and nobody really notices. It becomes the new normal as they say. I am a keen cyclist and so my backup story was that I wanted clean hairless legs like the pros. If you think it is great to have the top part shaved you will be delighted with the effect of being totally hairless and those stockings will feel great and look fantastic on you.

Launa
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
I just got my 1st of the year summer wax last Saturday and I'm also shaving so theres nothing left! haha!

BTW people do notice. Will they say anything?

Maybe

3 people have made comments in the last year.

Do I care? Not really.

Neddy
07-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I wish I could, I work construction and wear shorts all summer long and you guessed it the male population of a construction site is less than kind to anything different.
So I wait for the fall / winter season to adjust my leg hair to the appropriate length, which is gone.

Neddy

Nikki101
07-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Shaved my legs the last 7-8 years. No comments yet.

Started laser hair removal a couple months ago on my chest and abs, underarms, etc. Good results so far. I hate body hair.

Myasummers05
07-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Thw best thing to do with long leg hair is to take a pair of hair clippers to the hair and get as close of a cut as u can with them, then shave them with a razor, it will save on how many razors u go through :)

darla_g
07-11-2013, 10:11 PM
I would say to go for it too. I have seen these threads before. I am just waiting for someone to post how much peer pressure there and you are just forced to succumb to whatever everyone else wants you to do.

donnatracey
07-11-2013, 10:26 PM
There is nothing like freshly shaven legs! Have been doing so for the past few years and have had no comments at all. Sure, someone might notice but no one says anything. I too am a cyclist and like them shaved in case (fingers crossed) I have a mishap and scrape up my lovely legs..:heehee:. The thought of all those hairs and cuts mingling together...ouch! Plus it's aerodynamically better.....:D

Emjay
07-11-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm going to echo a lot of the other comments here and say just go for it! They're your legs and if that's how you like it then keep them like you want. :)

I've been going to the gym for over a year now with shaved legs and never a comment. I did get one look from a guy once but that's it, and he didn't say anything. I also change clothes at work in a locker room with a bunch of other co-workers and no one there has said anything either.

If someone does say something just tell them you like it better that way, it's really not totally uncommon anymore anyway. I notice guys with hairless legs quite a bit actually.

stefan37
07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
I have had clean legs for a very long time. Rarely will anyone notice. I have kept my armpits clean for the same time period . If anyone does notice they rarely comment. And if they do I tell them it is more hygenic to have my armpit shaven in the summer. The hard part is getting over your self conscious feelings.

Go for it. You are a fitness instructor. It will be natural.

Chickhe
07-11-2013, 11:22 PM
I trim mine back because when I wear socks the long hairs get pulled and its painful. I also do water sports and any hair that touches the water gets pulled on.

Princess29
07-11-2013, 11:30 PM
When I got my eyebrows waxed recently, the lady asked why I get them done. I just said "there is a reason but lets just say personal preference".

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Nothing beats a great pair of leg(g)s said an old commercial. I save often as I love to show off.

Sandieland
07-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Every spring, when I start wearing shorts most of the time, my legs are white as snow. You'll also notice the same thing when you shave for the first time - hair darkens your legs and you don't notice if you don't have a tan. Even if you do have a tan before you shave, the difference will be dramatic at first. This is what people stare at... your white legs, not the fact that they are shaved. So, I always use a little leg and body makeup for the first few weeks until my tan deepens. Then, not a person will notice, and you'll have beautiful, smooth, tanned legs... hopefully nice enough not to have to wear hose of any kind with that nice mini-skirt. Just make sure you use a good moisturizer each night before beddie-bye.

Diane Smith
07-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I think a fitness instructor would have the best reasons for shaving his legs -- less sweat, makes the legs look better when you demonstrate moves, more sanitary if you get hurt, etc. Don't hesitate!

- Diane

GinaM
07-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Well, i couldn't fight the urge and I shaved the legs. It def. looks and feels completely different. Hopefully the wife doesn't kill me but I'm thinking she'll prob. prefer it this way.

Anyways, here are a few pictures of my accomplishment.

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Stunning legs and figure. Those shoes are to die for. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara Maria
07-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Good move,Gina.looks great.One of my favorite parts of dressing is smooth,hairless legs.I'll never go back.And I've never had anyone say anything about it.

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Just shave the legs and deal with the explanations if needed.
They rarely are.
The taller the story the more convincing it can sound. :)
Even make a joke about it, it is no big deal these days.

Barbara Ella
07-12-2013, 12:54 AM
Glad you shaved. You will never go back. Besides, without hair you get to show off your handiwork, and give your clients something to shoot for, and easier to see.

Barbara

Alexis.j
07-12-2013, 12:55 AM
See, not that difficult hey? And I bet you like the feeling too? Enjoy, and those legs look great by the way........

TeresaCD
07-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Hopefully the wife doesn't kill me but I'm thinking she'll prob. prefer it this way.
So long as you keep them shaved- the stubble is nasty.

Pushbike riders shave their body parts - if they fall off, the wound is not as nasty..

Tracii G
07-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Your legs look great!! Really its no big deal so don't worry.

Cheryl T
07-12-2013, 02:42 AM
As a fitness instructor if anyone comments on your shaved body just point them to any body builder. Even "Ahnold" was hairless and probably still is...

Sabrina133
07-12-2013, 03:48 AM
Well, i couldn't fight the urge and I shaved the legs. It def. looks and feels completely different. Hopefully the wife doesn't kill me but I'm thinking she'll prob. prefer it this way.

Anyways, here are a few pictures of my accomplishment.

wow sweetie, amazing legs. It does feel good doesn't it? By the way, love the dress and shoes

AmyGaleRT
07-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Doesn't it feel wonderful, Gina? I just did mine, too...all sleek and smooth, ready for tomorrow night! (And I repainted my toenails. :) )

Great look in those pictures, too!

- Amy

Maria in heels
07-12-2013, 04:57 AM
Gina...I say you finish and after a few sessions, no one will even notice or say anything. Its no different that when you see pics of "dancers" both male and female...leg hair is OUT

Kaz
07-12-2013, 04:58 AM
Gina..... your legs look great! Shaving is the only way to go, but once in this place it will be difficult to go back. The feeling in the morning of freshly shaved legs is very addictive! I have removed all my body hair. It is a chore keeping it all off but so so worth it!

BLUE ORCHID
07-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Hi Gina, Now get an epilator and keep them smooth .

Majella St Gerard
07-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Great legs. Keep shaving, I shave mine and it's no ones business why. Do you tell your wife what parts of her body she can shave? I've seen women with hairy legs, would you walk up to them and ask them why don't you shave your legs, who cares. I know it's hard to go against the norm, but most people don't notice. And again Great legs!

GinaM
07-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm glad I did it. Waking up to smooth legs was pretty awesome I must admit.

Jorja
07-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Now why does that ZZ Top song Legs come to mind?

kimdl93
07-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Just do it! As a fitness instructor a) you can wear long pants or b) go with it. Lots of guys shave all that nasty hair! Ask your wife what she thinks.

~Joanne~
07-12-2013, 11:07 AM
They certainly look great :D I wasn't going to try to stop you from shaving them, only encourage you to do so. Your right though, there is nothing like have a pair of clean shaven legs in hosiery :)

natalie_cheryl
07-12-2013, 11:15 AM
honestly if your a fitness instructor that is a GREAT reason imo to shave, it shows off all the hard work you have put into your body and if you already shave everything else might as well just take the next step

robindee36
07-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Hey Gina,

There is such a special feel to freshly shaved legs and crisp bed sheets, you may have already noted this. So many things simplify for we girls once the legs are beautiful and bare. Hose feel silky smooth and your fem presentation can't help but benefit. Try it, you'll love it. Things are a bit simpler for me than some of us as I am not a very hairy person. Definite benefit for dressing. But the legs do need a bit of care.

In reading the responses, seems I am not alone here; a cyclist that shaves and is a crossdresser. Trust the other girls here who ride, once you crash out without the benefit of shaved legs you will never go hairy again. Gives me the perfect rationale for being shaved year round in guy mode and dressed. If you take up the sport you can stay shaved without any questions.

Too new here to post pics of my legs.

Hugs girl. Robin

GinaM
07-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Well, it took my wife about 5 hours before she noticed my shaved legs. The only problem is that when she did it was when we were with a group of our friends. She made a huge deal about it and kept bringing it. I had to tell her to stop. When our friends left I told her she was out of line and I was really upset. She said she was just busting my balls. She then said that it actually looks better but I really need to retan my legs. She wanted to get intimate but I told her I wouldn't after how rude she was to me in front of our friends. Needless to say I'm not going back to hairy legs.

Amymonroe
07-14-2013, 12:19 AM
a few months ago i shaved my legs for the first time. i had recently retired out of the army and that was the #1 priority. my wife knows of my dressing and my desire to shave. i did it first by using my clippers and took it down to the skin. then i drew a bath to soften up the skin. then i used a five blade razor and shaving cream for sensitive skin and started at my thighs and down to my ankles. when i was done i applied some baby powder. then i dressed. it was the most desirable thing i have done and the closest I've come to felling like a woman.

mirandacdgirl
07-14-2013, 02:03 AM
I love the feeling of shaved legs but I have very coarse hair. The last time I shaved I didn't keep shaving and just immediately started to grow it back. The razor burn was terrible. I was miserable for 2 weeks.

suzy
07-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Hot damn! Very sexy legs girl!! What took you so long?? Wonderful feeling, isn't it??

Eva Skarlatova
07-14-2013, 02:29 AM
I couldn't imagine a fitness professional with haired body like a bush :D I'd prefer the opposite, way to go!

Ellie52
07-14-2013, 02:37 AM
Just shaved mine again this morning. I wear drab most days but have stockings underneath and there is a rule (if there isnt then there should be) that says stockings cannot be worn with hairy legs. My wife is ok with it and I know some cyclist who always shave their legs. Get rid of that hairy stuff now and youll never go back. If you hzve satin sheets like we do then you want to feel the ecstacy of these sheets and shaved legs...Ellie

Jaymees22
07-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Congrats, on shaving your legs they look great. I shave my legs as there wasn't much hair on them to begin with and it feels great. I've noticed quite a few men in my age bracket don't have much or any leg hair. Oh good another positive of getting older! Hugs Jaymee

Alison1842
07-14-2013, 01:52 PM
I fully shaved my legs the first time a few months ago. But then let it grow back as i strained my knee - could not bend it enough to get it all. All told its probably going to need a twice weekly upkeep for me, but my leg hair is pretty fine.

What does a eppilator gain you over shaving? That's the thing i can not seam to find a straight answer too. No way would i get waxed, im a proper woss when it comes to pain!

Cindia
07-14-2013, 02:05 PM
I've shaved my legs a few times and love it. Would probably keep them shaved if I had more chances to dress.
As far as hiding it at work, sweat pants or soccer socks with basketball shorts.

DanaGirl
07-14-2013, 02:14 PM
why would anyone stop you from shaving, it feels awesome

Erica Marie
07-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Im the wrong person to ask for advice. Shave those legs girl !!!!! I have been shaving for well over a year and the only person to mention anything was my son. I blew it off and he never brought it up again. I work out 5 days a week and no one has ever mentioned anything or even gave me a strange look. You will never go back to hairy legs, trust me.

Lorileah
07-14-2013, 05:11 PM
What does a eppilator gain you over shaving? That's the thing i can not seam to find a straight answer too. No way would i get waxed, im a proper woss when it comes to pain

it removes the hair deeper down and with time slows regrowth

sarahcrossed
07-14-2013, 05:15 PM
im considering shaving my whole body except for my beard. my lady loves my beard so i keep that as much as i can but she doesnt mind if i shave it either. the only reason i dont is because it takes so much time to do so. i already shave my legs.

GinaM
07-16-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't think I'm going to keep my legs shaved to be totally honest. If I do I will have to shave them prob. every single day and that's just wayyyy too much work. I liked how they looked and will prob. shave them a few times per year but I think I'm going to let it grow back in but just keep it shorter etc.

Sarah Doepner
07-16-2013, 07:04 PM
It's good you shaved. I was going to suggest you do it scientifically. Leave one leg as the control point and shave the other. Then gauge the responses to each leg. Anyone else want to try this?

. . . .

I didn't think so.

. . . . .

Maybe this is why people don't ask my advice very often.

ronda
07-16-2013, 07:23 PM
most people don't notice if you have body hair or not I have never had body hair legs arms back chest all smooth on hair most people never looks don't worry about if some one ask say you run a lot runners shave there legs Hugs Ronda

robindee36
07-17-2013, 06:07 AM
What does a eppilator gain you over shaving? That's the thing i can not seam to find a straight answer too. No way would i get waxed, im a proper woss when it comes to pain!

The epilator is not pain free. It is, essentially, a powered hair plucker. Not a lot different from a hot wax hair plucker. Its all about pulling them out vs cutting them off. However, the girls are correct about epilating slowing the regrowth and making it finer (any plucking systems should give this result).

My biggest complaints are the ingrown hairs and broken shafts, sometimes the hair simply breaks vs being plucked. My current unit is a braun silk-epil, one of the better ones I have found. Not cheap, but much less that commercial lasers and hot wires (nono).

In a hurry, shave. Got time, epilate. In either case, keep those legs nice and bare ;)

Richelle423
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
This is my 2nd Summer shaving and believe me I will never go back to hairy legs or body ever again! BTW I've shave all year round now. Once you start you'll never wanna stop.

nethiker55
07-17-2013, 02:34 PM
I say go for too. I love having mine shaved, do it daily with my electric. I have the advantage of having very little hair on my legs so SO did not even notice

candydawn75
07-18-2013, 06:27 AM
I have to agree with most on here and shave year around and just don't care anymore. I have been shaving my legs and body for about 2 years now and will never go back. I get some odd looks from time to time but who cares. I even had my brother - in - law say something and totally freaked him out when I said "Ya you like them?? Sexy huh??" In front of my wife's entire family and he turn 10 shades of red. If anyone asked I tell them it is for triathlon and nothing else is said. As for the wife she LOVES rubbing my legs after they are shaved, she even puts on a bronzing lotion with a bit of glitter on for me.

Nikki Rich
07-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Neddy, I am also in construction and I wear shorts all the time, I have had very few comments about my shaved legs and when someone has said something I say yea I do shave and that's the end of it, my wife told me to tell them my wife loves it and it gets me more sex( that's something your fellow workers will relate to plus I'm pretty sure more than one of them have pearcings which is " feminine")

Jane P
07-18-2013, 12:31 PM
She then said that it actually looks better but I really need to retan my legs. She wanted to get intimate but I told her I wouldn't after how rude she was to me in front of our friends.

Sorry Gina but after reading this I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. You are such a girl.

I don't think you should shave your legs . Let it grow out for a month then start getting waxed or laser , sounds like your wife will love it and you won't have to worry about the maintaining it so much.

VictoriaP
07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Sweetie, I have been shaving my legs for several years and I nobody has ever mentioned it. I live in Florida and wear shorts all year long! I wold not worry about it.....enjoy!

DebbieL
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Better than shaving it off, have it waxed off. Go to a nail salon and have them take it off for you. It lasts longer and your legs will be softer in the long run.

When a woman asks "Why do you shave your legs", ask if she shaves hers, if she says yes, then ask "why do you do that?". Whatever answer she gives, like it looks better or feels better - you say "that's why I do it too".

When a man asks you about it, you ask the same question. If the man or woman does not shave their legs, ask why not? It makes them think about it. They may say they don't like it, don't like the way it looks, or other excuses. Respond with "Well, that's not a problem for me, and I like how it looks and feels".

When you see a woman with shaved legs do you immediately assume she's a **** out to attract as many men as she can? NO!

When you see a woman with hair on her legs do you assume she wants to be a man? Probably not. Life is too short not to enjoy it a little. If it's not harmful to others, it's not harmful to yourself, and you like it, then do it, enjoy it, and just accept that it's part of how you were created.

Aylineira
07-18-2013, 03:59 PM
My wife said to me that I would get tired of shaving my legs... I have never stopped shaving after all these years because of the way you feel now.

natalie_cheryl
07-18-2013, 07:16 PM
when i started shaving my wife sort of like it but when she found out about my dressing she all of a sudden found the scruffy look to be very a pealing, but that hasn't stopped me hell i just di all of it off again this afternoon

Geraldine_Whyman
08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Hello evevrybody.

GinaM,

the first time I've shaved my legs was very exciting... but my wife hated it ! After several months, she said me to stop it, because she didn't want me to look like a girl... :sad: Well, what to do ? I tried to stop... then I started again to shave my legs : it's so good, so nice... :o Now, I only shave the bottom (under the knees). And I cut hairs on the top (3 mm perhaps).

As you said : what did I do when I decided to shave my legs!? :)

I hope you will find your balance...

Here is a photo of my legs as they look like when I shave the bottom and let small hairs at the top. With a skirt and black stockings...

Bye.

KatieV
08-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Sounds like you've alredy made up your mind - once you've tried it you'll be hooked. Will anyone in your class think less of you? I thnk not! The year is 2013...

Kay