PDA

View Full Version : A Wonderful E#xperience at the Optician

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2013, 09:59 PM
I had an appointment at my eye doctor today, it was almost a year ago that I last had an eye exam. My June, 2012 went well, but I was told that I had slowly devoloping cataracts and likely in a years time I would need surgery. Well after todays exam that slowly devoloping are STILL slowly developing I will NOT need surgery in the near future. But was almost a good news was my reception by the all female, 4 in numbers staff. I was warmly greeted and praised for my choice of female eyewear and that my prestentation as a woman was "very good indeed" as one of the ladies said. Almost 5 hours after my fitting was finished I retuned home and the first thing that I did was check my e-mails & LOW & BEHOLD, what do I find ? It was an e-mail from the lady doc in charge the in which she again praised "my bold fashion statement". This e-mail thrilled me no end, A GREAT DAY for an OLD(er) lady.:D

Marleena
07-11-2013, 10:42 PM
It sounds like good news all around there Arlene.:)

donnatracey
07-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Good for you you, Arlene! Glad your exam went well and that the girls loved your accessories/outfit. You are an inspiration to the rest of us "mature...err older" girls....:battingeyelashes:

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Marleena & donna,
Thank you for your kind words. I wish that I was an inspiration, but I just live "day to day." When I pick up my new pair of frames I would love to wear shorts, I adore to show off my gams.

MysticLady
07-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Hello Sweetie

First of all, I am so happy for you in that your eyesight is still in good order. Then, the interaction w/ the young ladies at the office(you're a slick one:heehee:) and then on top of that, one of the cuties emails you........Hmmm. Maybe interested because of your boldness and being secure about yourself? You will be on cloud nine :c9: for a while I believe. Enjoy it sweetie, you deserve it. :hugs:

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Victoria,
I am on cloud 9, when I pick up my new pair of glasses I hope to wear my short shorts. It was a great day. I love being "ArleneRaquel." :):battingeyelashes:

Ellie52
07-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Love the new glasses. They are sooooo cool...Ellie:)

ArleneRaquel
07-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Ellie darlin, You are amazing. Hugs & Kisses

Sandieland
07-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I have an appointment with the eye doctor in a few weeks, but to arrange for surgery on one of my eyes... the cataracts have developed to the point that I'm almost blind in that eye. I have slight cataracts developing in my other eye, but for now it's still in pretty good shape. So, actually I am really excited about my surgery...and the prospect of seeing clearly again. And although I do have glasses now, I've held off getting some new, feminine frames until I know what kind of (if any) glasses I'll need after the surgery. But, I did go out yesterday and buy a couple of pairs of incredible retro women's sun glasses. A way of treating myself in celebration of my upcoming surgery.

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Sandieland,
Best wishes for your upcoming surgery, you will be in my prayers & thoughts.

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Arlene,
Love being who you are and look after those eyes.

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Beverly,
Thanks with hugs darlin.

kimdl93
07-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Good results from the check up and glowing fashion reviews too! Sounds like a wonderful day to me!

Ellie52
07-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Sandieland
My Mums just had her right eye done and she says its is amazing. Im sure you'll be fine and you can ditch the glasses. Hope it all goes well..xxx Ellie

linda allen
07-12-2013, 09:45 AM
It's great when things go our way. Nobody working in a business that wants your business would ever say anything bad, but they could have just not mentioned it. It's great they complimented you and obviously, it made your day.

As for glasses, well one of these days' I'll get my prescription (bifocals) and send it off to one of the Internet eyeglass companies for some feminine frames. I'm not "out" so I'm not going to select them in person somewhere (glasses are much less expensive on the Internet and for occasional use, they should be fine).

I've tried feminine looking reading glasses, but first, they don't make really feminine ones, and second, needing bifocals, they just don't work very well for me.

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 02:33 PM
kim, and linda,
Thank you for the kind thoughts. I needed to go to an eye doctor to have my cataracts checked, in the year plus since my last eye exam I haven't noticed any change in my vision, but I was told that by this time I would likely need surgery, but that turns out to be so. HURRAY ! I have used Zenni many times with excellent results.

Susan.
07-12-2013, 02:39 PM
I have an appointment with the eye doctor in a few weeks, but to arrange for surgery on one of my eyes... the cataracts have developed to the point that I'm almost blind in that eye. I have slight cataracts developing in my other eye, but for now it's still in pretty good shape. So, actually I am really excited about my surgery...and the prospect of seeing clearly again. And although I do have glasses now, I've held off getting some new, feminine frames until I know what kind of (if any) glasses I'll need after the surgery. But, I did go out yesterday and buy a couple of pairs of incredible retro women's sun glasses. A way of treating myself in celebration of my upcoming surgery.

I have had one eye done and it was great. The other eye is my master eye and needs surgery too. I will be celebrating when the other eye is done! Mine cataracts were caused by my meds.

Kali
07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
My wife had accommodating lenses done in both eyes; she went from 20/950 in each eye to 20/25. She no longer wears glasses (after wearing them for 40 years) and constantly teases me about my need for them ;)

I've bought many pairs of feminine frames from http://www.zennioptical.com/; inexpensive even for my progressive lens bifocals. They also have a feature where you can upload a face photo and see what the frames will look like on your face.

Alexis.j
07-12-2013, 03:04 PM
That's good news Arlene. Are we gonna see some pics when they arrive?

Miranda09
07-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Good for you Arlene. Sounded like a wonderfully uplifting experience!! So, when do we see what glasses you chose????? ;)

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Miranda, & Alexis
The glasses should ar5ive in about ten days, in so far as pictures I need an in house guest help me taking the pictures and downloading(?) them to the site. If I get help the pictures will be here as fast as1-2-3.
Thank darlins-Love & Hugs !

Kali-Zenni is tops, I have manny frames that were purchased from their site.

Jamie Christopher
07-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Great news Arlene about your eyes, and how fun to get new headlights for that classy chassis!

Jamie

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Jamie,
You are a treasure. MUAH ! :battingeyelashes:

monique01
07-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Sadieland and others needing cataract surgery. I had one eye done a year ago and can say that it only takes about 5 minutes for the dr to do the surgery and it a new lens is implanted and in my case, the new lens made that eye almost 20/20. The only hassle is taking the drops in eye to prevent infection that you have to put in eyes for a few weeks before and after the surgery.

Sandieland
07-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments, both for me and for Arlene. This is what I love about this site... you gals are so cool!

ArleneRaquel
07-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Sandieland,
The ladies here are the COOLEST. Except for moi, who is the hottest and so selfefacing.

larry
07-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Sadieland and others needing cataract surgery. I had one eye done a year ago and can say that it only takes about 5 minutes for the dr to do the surgery and it a new lens is implanted and in my case, the new lens made that eye almost 20/20. The only hassle is taking the drops in eye to prevent infection that you have to put in eyes for a few weeks before and after the surgery.
I am scheduled in August and never heard about drops Before ?

Tracii G
07-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Arlene sweetie you rock!!!

Sometimes Steffi
07-12-2013, 11:57 PM
I had cataract surgery in both my eyes last year. In retrospect, it improved my eyesight, and wasn't such a big deal medically.

And I also got femm glasses. There was a 2-for-1 sale, so I got a pair for me and a pink wire-rimmed pair for Steffi

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi Arlene, As I only need reading glasses I can get womens fashion reading glasses at the drug store.

Roberta Young
07-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Arlene Dear Wonderful News. Im glad Your Staff at the eye doctor's are female, If You showed up in "shortie shorts", and they were male, no work would have been done. H+K Roberta

MssHyde
07-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Love the new glasses. They are sooooo cool...Ellie:)
your a cute girl, I like your personality

ArleneRaquel
07-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Arlene Dear Wonderful News. Im glad Your Staff at the eye doctor's are female, If You showed up in "shortie shorts", and they were male, no work would have been done. H+K Roberta

Roberta,
You are so kind, thank you darlin.

Traci,
You are a doll.

MssHyde, Hugs & Love

Thank you all ladies. MUAH, MUAH, & MUAH. :battingeyelashes:

I had another grand expierence yesterday at HOOTERS. My BF and I were sitting at a table after our ordered was taken as our server and another young server stopped by and the non(our) server compliemented on my glasses, which were orange & black cat's eye frames from Zenni, then the youbg woman, who was our server, also said that see loved my choice in female eyewear, we chatted for a minute or so. It was a fantastic experience, if either of the ladies knew that I am a male, neither let on that they did.

ArleneRaquel
07-14-2013, 10:20 PM
I am not certain when my new glasses will arrive or when I will pick the new pair up, but I was thinking of going wearing a top with short red shorts, my last visitor I was conservatively dressed. Any suggestions ?

ArleneRaquel
07-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Back to the optician as they need to recheck something or other.

ArleneRaquel
07-15-2013, 02:27 PM
I was again complimented about my eyewear, but also my shorts, hair, makeup, & legs. I was there maybe 5 minutes today. There was another customer there being fitted for new glasses, it seems that almost all of their clients are female, including moi.

Jaymees22
07-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Dear Arlene, Glad to hear your experience at the optician went so well on many different levels. My wife had the cataract surgery a few years ago and now doesn't need glasses after wearing them most of her life and yes you do need drops after the surgery. I hope you can get some pictures up so we can see how hot you are in your new glasses. Hugs Jaymee

ArleneRaquel
07-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Jaymees,
Thank you love for your kind words and encourement. If I can get some NEEDED HELP(in person) I will show pics, my glasses aren't due for another week or so.

I'm glad that your wife had successful sugery, Best Wishes. If I have the surgery and afterward I don't need glasses, I have worn specs since 1959, I believe that I will continue wearing frames, even fake frames, as eyewear, especially female eyewear has becaome so much a part of who I am. I think eyewear is a great fashion accesory for us ladies.