PDA

View Full Version : Your Home

linda allen
07-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Did you consider your crossdressing when choosing your home, appartment, condo, etc.?

There are many posts on this forum on the difficulty of getting out of the house or neighborhood dressed and many solutions are offered such as changing in the car, a public restroom, etc.

It seems some homes would be much better than others in this respect. For examply, my inlaws live in a home on several acres on a state highway. There are no real "neighbors" and the house is set back several hundred feet from the highway. Living there, one could easily just dress, get in the car, drive down the lane, and turn right ot left on the highway.

Selecting an appartment, one could look for a ground floor unit with a seperate entrance to avoid neighbors and awkward rides in an elevator.

If you don't care who sees you dressed, this wouldn't be a concern, but for many, perhaps most of us, it is.

So, did you consider this when choosing your home?

suzy1
07-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Yes Linda I did.
When I got [happily] divorced I new I could be free to live as Suzy if I choose the right house or apartment.

So what I did was buy a maisonette. That’s like a flat but with my own front door. It was seven miles away from my nearest friends and family so I would not get anyone just popping over for something unexpectedly but I could still visit them all.
It is also the top of two maisonettes so I am free to use the loft space as well because my wardrobes are not big enough for the embarrassing amount of clothes I have.

I smile a lot in my pictures……….now you know why.:)

kimdl93
07-12-2013, 08:35 AM
When my wife and I first bought our home, the first consideration was having a pool. The second, having a measure of privacy. We have both, and for the first half dozen or so years, I kept my dressing confined to the privacy of the house and backyard.

Sara Jessica
07-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Very interesting question. It makes me think of our first house. It had a grand entrance area combined with the living room and dining room. Picture cathedral ceilings and a staircase going up the left side. I knew the first time we looked at that house that it could be trouble in that there were huge windows on the opposite wall from the stairs (picture these on a wall as tall as two stories, the windows being on the second story level) through which you could see into a neighbor's house which had a very similar layout. We bought the house anyways and lived there for about 7 years or so, clearly being able to see our neighbors going up & down their stairs as I'm sure they could see us. Our current place doesn't have that problem, you only make a mistake once.

Jaylyn
07-12-2013, 09:35 AM
I live out of a small town on a State highway. Have trees all around and about two hundred yards from any neighbor. I could wear full enfemme outside . I could get out in full dress without any problem but would have to drive two to three hours to a town big enough to blend in. I usually only dress and sometimes sit on my large back porch over looking pasture and many cotton fields. It is secure but I know if anyone in any of the small towns around here saw me dressed it would be all over town in two minutes. With face book these days maybe even thirty seconds... Lol In answer to your question though, no the home wasn't selected specifically to hide my desire to wear my feminine clothes, high heels and red lips. I am just lucky that it does that job for me.

Julie Bender
07-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I wish it were an option but we inherited this home /business/neighborhood. But if we do move. If we ever relocate. THIS will be advice I will put to use! Thank you very much for an intuitive idea for future reference!

Dianne S
07-12-2013, 10:01 AM
No, that wasn't a consideration when we bought our house. However, it is fairly easy to leave CD'd if I want... we have a garage.

However, I have not yet resumed going out cross-dressed. The last time was 18 years ago when my oldest daughter was 1. Now with kids at home, logistics are too tricky.

I Am Paula
07-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Part of my reason for moving to this town was so I could go full-time, and nobody (almost) knew me as male. So far it's worked out. They all know in TS, but nobody seems to care.

Jillian Faith
07-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Absolutely my wife and I are currently designing our retirement home which will sit in the middle of a 5+ acre wooded lot. We are going to clear the middle and have a private drive way so that the house will not be visible from the street. Although I have no plans to go full time after I retire my wife insist on having a master bath designed for two women. We will also have 3 closets in the master, 1 for my wife, 1 for me and 1 for my wife's husband.

Jennifer in CO
07-12-2013, 11:12 AM
1st house no - but it worked ok. 2nd house no but it worked ok. 3rd house no but it works excellent!

Beverley Sims
07-12-2013, 11:15 AM
I have selected accomodation in the past for convenience of getting out.

Cheryl Ann Owens
07-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Oh I absolutely considered that when choosing a new home when my second wife and I became engaged. We live on a very quiet dead-end street in rural New England. The thick foliage and distance from neighbors are perfect! We have a pool where no one can see me in a one-piece suit, and I've been out there reading today wearing a sundress. If I had to, if I heard a car pull in the driveway, I could quickly scoot into our walk-out basement. So yes, this has all worked out with our choice of a house. My wife and I will often sit on our deck with me dressed. We also have great neighbors who may already know about me though I don't usually drive out dressed. BTW, my stylist gave me a short cut and waxed my brows this morning and my wig feels so comfortable even being outside in the heat.

Cheryl Ann

daviolin
07-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I never thought of that when we purchased our house 25 years ago. It turned out being the best ever for crossdressing. It's a old country church that I renovated into a home. Its on three and a half acres. We planted many trees, because my wife loves her privacy. Its turned into a crossdressers dream. Many rooms for photo shoots. Easy coming and going, even though I don't really care any more what the neighbors think. Yes I love it. Daviolin

Ashley Lyn
07-12-2013, 01:07 PM
It was a consideration when we bought the current house.. Also changed the front door to a 'privacy' type door, and installed smaller windows here and there..
Unfortunately, we added an addition with many, many BIG windows, and tho' I avoid that room at night I am still able to be dressed in daylight, and it makes me feel good to 'almost' be outside..
I sometimes 'dress' while working/playing in the garage, and made it fairly windowless when I remodeled.. Easy enough to see out, but difficult to see in..

boink
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Nope, never gave it a bit of thought when choosing any of the places that I have lived so far. Then again I am out to the people that matter, and wouldn't really have a problem if someone "discovered" me in my neighborhood.

Eryn
07-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Not a consideration because I hadn't acknowledged myself when we bought our house.

I did get lucky, though, since the front yard is reasonably private with most sight-lines of our neighbors blocked by shrubbery. The only exposure I experience is for a few seconds when I back into the street. Neighbors here are not terribly social with each other so all they see if they see anything at all is another woman in the car with Mimi.

BLUE ORCHID
07-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi Linda, Some years ago when we put a second story on the house walk in closet space was in my floor plans.

heatherdress
07-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Yes - the home and location were important considerations.

linda allen
07-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Well, I didn't consider crossdressing when we purchased our home. At the time, I was not out to my wife and only occasionally put on a bra and possibly one of her blouses so it wasn't important. I think there are so many considerations when purchasing a single family home (compared to renting an apartment) that crossdressing would be way down the list anyway.

Good neighborhood, proximity to shopping and medical services, in our case, single story because of my wifes difficulty with climbing steps, at the time we had a trailer boat, low maintenance, etc.

I have a two car garage and I suppose I could keep the car in it, dress, and out the door and down the street, but all my life I've had a shop so the garage is actually a shop and the cars are outside. I park my truck near the garage side door so if it's dark, I can slip out and into the truck pretty easily, but of course, that's a pretty severe limit on going out, especially in the summer when it's light until 9:00 PM.

Oh well, we make our choices and then live with them.

Angela Campbell
07-13-2013, 09:03 AM
I don't think I did so consciously but having isolated myself from the world for so many years due to GD, I did pick a place with a large amount of privacy. There is only one window in the front, a garage with auto closer, a back yard that is surrounded by a privacy fence of wood 6 feet high, and a fairly quiet neighborhood. It is around 40 miles from where my closest family lives, and there is no one who works with me within 100 miles. There is no phone either.

I do not know any of the neighbors and I am pretty much free to come and go in any form I please.

Launa
07-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Well, I didn't consider crossdressing when we purchased our home. At the time, I was not out to my wife and only occasionally put on a bra and possibly one of her blouses so it wasn't important. I think there are so many considerations when purchasing a single family home (compared to renting an apartment) that crossdressing would be way down the list anyway.

Good neighborhood, proximity to shopping and medical services, in our case, single story because of my wifes difficulty with climbing steps, at the time we had a trailer boat, low maintenance, etc.

I have a two car garage and I suppose I could keep the car in it, dress, and out the door and down the street, but all my life I've had a shop so the garage is actually a shop and the cars are outside. I park my truck near the garage side door so if it's dark, I can slip out and into the truck pretty easily, but of course, that's a pretty severe limit on going out, especially in the summer when it's light until 9:00 PM.

Oh well, we make our choices and then live with them.

Buy yourself a fast scooter. You could easily store it in the garage amongst the tools and when you're ready to go out, open the garage door and hit the gas!

You'll be doing 25mph 1/2 way down the driveway, just keep the throttle pinned.

Nobody will have time to see a thing.

marlenesexton
07-13-2013, 12:30 PM
I designed my house for privacy. On one side we have a small rise and the property line is so close to that if anyone built there it would be on the other side of the rise. My house is "L" shaped and so that give me privacy on the other side. Behind my house is a mile of empty land until you reach the highway. I can sit on my back deck, naked, en femme, even have sex out there. The neighbors we do have are so far away and we've planted so many trees, we have often ventured off our deck when we've set up a pool to skinny dip.

The only things inside is the master bedroom has a rather large walk in closet and is on the opposite side of the house from the kid's bedrooms.