PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressers Gala BAll.......Ontario Canada

Sianna
07-12-2013, 02:00 PM
While lamenting with some of my Gurlfriends about how little opportunity there is to get out and get GLAM, we all started talking about a real Dress Up Ball for us girls! The IDEA has snowballed, and we are now thinking of planning a real dress up event......a Cotillion so to speak ONE NIGHT.....FANCY DRESSES, Dancing, Dinner....you know...a party the likes of which none of us gurls have ever been to! I want to get responses from all of you ( guys too please....we need dance partners!!!) about doing something like this for the Ontario community. do you like the idea?....would you attend???? Please let the group know, and please, oh please, post some ideas on what you think would add to the day of being that Princess for a moment in time! XO Sianna

DW
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Love the idea! Would it be passable CD's, or are "guys in dresses" welcome?

Julie Bender
07-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Well if we were near enough to go I think it sounds like a fantastic night!
But we are in so cal

Deedee Skyblue
07-12-2013, 05:48 PM
I think it sounds like a wonderful idea. How about setting up private session at a salon before hand, to help inexperienced ladies to look their best?

Deedee

rita63
07-12-2013, 07:11 PM
-I would need some notice to get time off but its an interesting idea. I know a few other girls who might be interested too. Unfortunately no men I can think of.

hugs rita

Melissa Rose
07-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Having a gala ball is an excellent idea. However much work you think it is going to be, it will be double and so will the cost. I know from experience.

In October of the past 5 years, River City Sparkle has been put on by The River City Gems in Sacramento, CA. It is a large gala ball for the Northern California transgender community, friends, supporters and allies. The web site from last year's event is still up at http://www.rivercitysparkle.org/ . Perhaps it may be a source of ideas or inspiration for your gala ball. The planning stages have begun for this year's Sparkle so the web site will change sometime in August to correspond with this year's event. The attendance has been about 90-100 attendees each year. A few come with a date, but it is relatively unusual. Most admirers are not interested in attending and the majority of the attendees are heterosexual, in a relationship or married. A few spouses or girlfriends attend also. Admirers tend to make some attendees very uncomfortable so keep that in mind. One of our rules is GMs have to attend with a date and not come alone. This prevents the event from turning into an opportunity to hit on girls, many who are very uncomfortable or not ready to deal with it happening. For a number of attendees, it is their only "out of the house" event each year so making it a completely pleasant experience is paramount. Just a bit of advice based on experience concerning admirers.