PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Don't forget the sunscreen.

Jenessa
07-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Went on a 12 hour river float with my best friend and his wife (both know about and are VERY supportive of me) Sunday. A couple of days before we went she said she needed to go get a new bikini and jokingly I said "me too.". Well, somehow that joke turned into a trip to Shopko where he bought new river shoes and a pair of shorts and her and I both bought new two piece bikinis. After 12 hours in the sun I have some great tan lines, however I am just starting to get to the point were being dressed is not pure torture. .

Pro tip: If you are going to swim, MAKE SURE you choose WATERPROOF sunscreen and apply it more then twice in 12 hours:facepalm:

kimdl93
07-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah, never let exposure go to the point of a burn. Each burn is a step closer to skin cancer.

Jenessa
07-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah, this is only the second real burn I have had in my life. I am usually very, very careful about the sun.

docrobbysherry
07-12-2013, 10:28 PM
PSA is an airline here. U take your sunscreen in your carry on and it will be GONE!

Beverley Sims
07-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Tan lines are great but not at the expense of skin cancer.

wilt575
07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Yeah but I bet the tan lines look hot on you, how do you feel about tan lines, minus the burn are they good or not, do you want them or not?

Lynn Marie
07-15-2013, 02:52 PM
I'd love to have a nice tan again, but alas, a couple of carcinomas on my face pretty much cured me of that. They were removed quite nicely, but my doctor stated that I would be 10 times more sensitive to damage from the sun than before. SPF 15 Lubriderm on my face and exposed parts every morning after shaving and under my makeup!

BLUE ORCHID
07-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Hi Jenessa, That's going to be hard to explain if you take your shirt off at work.

LisaTaylor
07-15-2013, 06:55 PM
After getting a bit more color at the beach Friday than I anticipated (I was using SPF 15), I've discovered the joys of SPF 50! No burn, and I can stay out much longer. Of course, I've now got seriously bright white 360 degree bikini tan lines (top and bottom). It was a great visit, though. Might post the story in the near future. You might also want to re-apply after sweating a lot (happens when it's hot out!) ;-)