PDA

View Full Version : Your home - another take

Stacey Summer
07-12-2013, 06:53 PM
This is primarily aimed at the ladies who live alone but all replies are welcome.

What is your home like, masculine or feminine? Or a mix of both? I've a huge feminine side but my place is full on masculine. There's nothing to suggest I'm anything but a macho man.

I was thinking about it the other day and it struck me as odd that for a man who spends so much time dressed as, and wishing I was a woman, I live as manly as any bloke.

Angela Campbell
07-12-2013, 07:00 PM
My home is pretty much like the one I grew up in. Not overly masculine or fem, just comfortable....and a little messy.

Leah Lynn
07-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Stacey, my house is basically how my late wife had it. Not much to indicate that a single guy lives there. Except for the man cave, and that's only because the major items are socially considered manly things. Unless you know that women do those things, too. (Neither my bow nor my arrows are pink. Yet.)

Leah

Ann Thomas
07-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I would say my place is a both, gradually becoming more feminine as time goes on.

kimdl93
07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Mine is indeterminate...mostly because my wife and I haven't figured out what we want!

Ashley Lyn
07-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Ours is just normal.. Half and half, I'd guess except for my Steeler stuff..
My current wife is just like my dearly departed 2nd wife..
I wear the dresses/skirts in the family and she wears the pants/shorts etc.. (both could have been Tomboys..)
We are both extremely happy that way..

Taylor Ray
07-12-2013, 10:17 PM
The Pink Fog overcomes me even when shopping for home decorations. I live alone, and my place is definitely very feminine. When I have guests over they can get a sense of me even if I am not dressed. The other day someone came by to help me with a project and I actually took some decorations down.

Why do I still hide stuff?

Tracii G
07-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Mine has a bit of both genders to it.

mirandacdgirl
07-12-2013, 11:36 PM
well as of the end of last month I don't live alone anymore but until then it was predominantly male.. I play drums and work in IT..soo....;)

Cynthia Anne
07-13-2013, 12:32 AM
My home is feminine and becoming more so each day! No male in my home!!

Loni
07-13-2013, 12:44 AM
my place is just me.
mostly storage (i have way too much junk).
the rest messy (way to long work hrs).
but you will find some male things some female, landlord had a twisted look at the curtains in the kitchen, but he did not approve of any in the place, i sleep in the day so they are black out curtains.
think london during the blitz. also helps keep the heat and the cold (pending the season) out cutting the power bills.

but as time and cash allows it is less a mans place.

Tracii G
07-13-2013, 12:52 AM
My girl cave is guitars and amps the rest of the house stays clean and tidy because I'm always in the cave LOL
The master bedroom is kinda girly the 2nd bedroom is more amps and the closet is overflow for girl clothes.

donnatracey
07-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Living alone, I try to keep the house fairly tidy. But lately I have noticed little things like lipstick or nalk polish left on counters in different rooms, makeup items sprawled on the "other side" of master bath counter, pile of fem "undies" on top of dryer awaiting relocation to bedroom, here a wig, there a wig, etc....:doh Fortunately, I seldom have guests/visitors though if I do I'm like a whirlwind tidying up...always afraid I will leave something out...so far, so good.....:brolleyes:

Maybe I need to hire a maid....:daydreaming:..or better yet just get maid's outfit!.....:D

RileyEvans
07-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Mine is completely manly. My living room has everything from Formula 1 and football pics to a Texas Longhorns helmet and race car tire. I painted the walls a light grey with darker grey trim and my furniture is either black or chrome. The only exceptions I guess would be a spare bedroom that I painted royal purple and the guest bathroom is a real light shade of purple that I haven't changed yet.

BLUE ORCHID
07-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Hi Stacey, Our home is kind average with three closets full of Orchid's pretty clothes and shoes.

Ellie52
07-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Ours is a lovely double storey house over looking the indian ocean in Western Australia. The upstairs is out of bounds to our son as it is full of pretty clothes and shoes in two sizes. My male side of the wardrobe contains 1 pair of trousers a jacket and some shirts. The rest of our walk in wardrobe consists of skirts, dresses trousers (my wifes) and loads and loads of blouses, jumpers leggins and anything else you can think of x 2 Including my Jeans as I only wear jeans and track pants in M mode..
Under our bed are boxes and boxes of shoes, a suitcase full of overflow clothes (what wont fit in the WIR) and a dressup box as we love going to fancy dress parties and my SO loves making the costumes. Oh I forgot we have 3 x sets of drawers also full of nice clothes and underwear. ..Ellie

The rest of the house is a normal messy house that anyone with teenagers could relate too...Ellie

alice clair
07-13-2013, 06:21 AM
Our home is mainly feminine, my wife and I both prefer it that way. She is great at decorating the place with all things fem. My dresser is covered with earing stands, bracelets, antique perfume bottles and rings and other fem items and I love it. The only thing that tells you a man is here are three gun cabinets full of guns and other weapons.

Karren H
07-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Our house is a mix of modern and french canadian country and eclectic...... stylish and classy..... high tech.... and expensive as hell! lol. home style to us is genderless......

JackieInPA
07-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Our home is decorated in dog and cat!!!

BOBBI G.
07-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Mine is in basic earth tones with early American poverty as the style. When my wife left me she raped the house, but it was worth it. I'm starting to redecorate from cheap to inexpensive, with a blend of both genders.

Bobbi

Beverley Sims
07-13-2013, 12:56 PM
A lot depends on what friends visit you.
If the guys come it's macho, if the girls frequent more it is probably feminine.

Sarah V
07-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Mine is pretty much both, and leans mostly to the masculine. Only my master bedroom, master bath, MB walk-in closet are pretty feminine. The only other room in my house is my workout room (and that one too is pretty generic, except for the portable ballet barre' and ballet theme'd posters on it's walls.

ArleneRaquel
07-14-2013, 10:41 PM
I would say my home is a mixture, of male & female, but I have always been something of a "neat freak". Way back in the pay when I was a younster an older female cousin pegged me as gay, because it was such a "neat freak", talk about stereotyping OMG !

AmyGaleRT
07-14-2013, 10:44 PM
You should see the room in our apartment that gets used as my home office...it's a decided mix-mash between my selves. Books, (ladies') shoes, computer parts, makeup and hair accessory cases, technical papers, catalogs from Roaman's and Woman Within, all mixed together.

- Amy

ArleneRaquel
07-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Amy,
All of my catalogs are neatly stacked in tw piles on top of a bookself was next to my bed. Female catalogs are my among my favorite keepsakes.

Lorileah
07-14-2013, 10:48 PM
My whole house is furnished in early poor.

ArleneRaquel
07-14-2013, 10:50 PM
My home is furnished as early "Ma & Pa Kettle." But neat mind you !

NathalieX66
07-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Our house is a mix of modern and french canadian country and eclectic...... stylish and classy..... high tech.... and expensive as hell! lol. home style to us is genderless......

What is "French Canadian Country"?...... yours truly, from someone of French Canadian descent via New England.

Having been in Quebec about 4 times, I recall these sloping rooves that roundly slope right at the eaves. My 1937 bungalow house has a pretty flat but steep roof. The highway sign by me says Montreal 328 miles.
Peace & love.