PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge - Finally Something to Write About

Kim_Bitzflick
07-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I hope I put this in the right forum.

Today was a GREAT day.

It started out by sleeping in till 8:00 AM. A girl's got to get her beauty rest and today it worked. But I'll get to that later. After taking my sweet time in bed, I finally got up, cooked breakfast and then showered & got dressed. I wore my favorite top (in my avatar) with my new black shorts. The forecast called for HOT AND HUMID. They were right. It was about 11:00 AM when I stepped out of the hotel and headed to my car. I could feel the heat hit me in the face as I stepped out. I drove to the next plantation on my list, Oak Alley.

As is typical for me, everything went great. The house is amazing and the grounds are really nice. But the heat was almost swealtering. I walked around the grounds looking at the oak trees lining up to the house. These trees are over 300 years old. fortunately I only had about 20 minutes to be in the heat till the tour started. I'm sooooo glad they installed AC in the house. The tour group was rather large, about 25 people. No one gave me any odd looks & I didn't hear any comments.

After the tour I walked around the rounds more looking at the displays set up and the small garden. I looked at a early 19th century blacksmith's shop and the gift shop, then I headed out back to the hotel.

When I arrived at the hotel, I called the front desk to see if a package my wife sent had arrived. It did, so I went to the front desk to get it (en femme). The girl at the desk had seen me many times in male mode, but this was her first time to see Kim. It was kind of busy at the desk & I waited a minute to get my package. when she looked at me she asked what I needed. I mentioned I called about the package. She hesitated a couple seconds then her eyes lit up & she quickly said "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you." Needless to say that made my day. But it gets better.

I went out again to see a movie. I saw "The Lone Ranger". I think it was pretty good. Not excellent, but good. After the movie, I did a little shopping at the shoe store & target.

I came back to the hotel, dropped off my stuff & went to the front desk. As I hoped, the same girl was working. I thanked her for not recognizing me & she commented that after I left that she thought I looked "amazing". She was so genuine and friendly about it, I can only assume she truly meant it. That was the icing on a great. day.

On a final note, I used the ladies restroom several times today & I never got a second look. For those of you who worry about using the ladies room, If you look presentable and are confident, it's not a problem. Just do it act like you belong there, do your business and leave. No big deal.

Sorry, no pictures.

kimdl93
07-13-2013, 10:24 PM
A wonderful day, kim. It's interesting to gauge people's reaction to the change, isn't it?

Princess Grandpa
07-13-2013, 10:31 PM
So happy for you! I'm not surprised at all that nobody read you. You look amazing in your avatar.

Hug
Rita

Beverley Sims
07-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Kim,
Keep writing your adventures, always very interesting.