PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY went to my first support group!

jsunic_1978
07-14-2013, 03:27 AM
FINALLY went to my first meet just yesterday IT WAS SUPER AWESOME ;) This group is more geared for people that have already transitioned and people undergoing transitioning, but I WAS WELCOMED yes i was JEN there was just one other cross dresser that is only a cross dresser like my self. I introduced my self as Jen and in my journey, I am just a cross dresser, 35 and finally came out when i was 30 and i am very happy with where i am at this exact point right now and wish to continue meets to help deeply discover more of my self and find out if I really am transgendered.

a group of pre n post ops gave me there contact info and really made me feel welcomed and I just listen to other peoples experiences and really am keeping an open mind in how to fit in with the group well. i do know this, IT FEELS GREAT JUST OUT BEING MY SELF. Im also meeting a host of straight non dressers and genetically females that are supportive, accepting and some genetic females really do find cross dressers CUTE. I totally tossed dating out of the picture as i am discovering my self. WOW! things are really starting to fall in good place.

Also, i finally went to my home bar asd jen. THIS TOOK SOME TIME to do so and the support i have gotten, I WASN'T EVEN SUSPECTING, THAT WENT SO WELL. I did actually meet a genetic female in which use to date a cross dresser and she came up to me and finds me cute i guess. Im just going to keep things nice n steady, just be my self just be HAPPY let all what ever will happen just happen. It just feels GOOD to have that sincerity to be who i really am.

kimdl93
07-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Jen, I have had exactly the same experience. Often, very attractive GGs have approached me while en femme. I'm not in the market, but I certainly wish I had known this when I was single! Glad you had a positive first meeting too!

donnalee
07-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Make sure to save this to your computer, so if maybe in the future your day doesn't go quite so well, you can look at this day to remind yourself that we can't control what others do or say, just what we do or say and that there have been better days and there will be better days to come.

CD Tammy
07-14-2013, 08:05 AM
I also went to my first support meeting yesterday. Exhilarating wasn't it? Why didn't I do this a bunch of years ago. I'm glad your first time went so well.

LaSirenaBella
07-14-2013, 09:52 AM
You've taken a big step, Jen. Isn't it wonderful. I would imagine you're floating now.

Remember one thing, though: you're not "just" a crossdresser. You have every right to claim a bit of the transgender umbrella, as well. Beware of internalizing "trannier than thou." And let everything just happen. I'm happy for you and for another success story.

Sirena

AshleyW
07-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Yay that's fantastic! I'm going to my first support group tomorrow, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I don't think I'll dress fully though, I'll probably just be in androgynous mode.

Beware of internalizing "trannier than thou"Wow, you just put into words a concept I've been aware of for a while, but didn't know how to describe before. Thanks!

Beverley Sims
07-14-2013, 11:24 AM
I am pleased to see you getting out and making progress.
Keep the ball rolling. :)

Tracii G
07-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Jen it was the same for me too my group was really accepting.I made some solid new friends from pre op to post op TG CD and accepting family members.
I love all the members for who they are and their honesty.They helped me more than they know.
So glad you found a great bunch of new people.

Princess Grandpa
07-14-2013, 02:15 PM
That is a great story. I was thinking Julie and I should probably look for a support group. The only place we have to go is Hamburger Mary's. it's a great time but we really aren't the clubbing type. As much fun as we have getting out a choice of places would be nice.

Hug
Rita

jsunic_1978
07-14-2013, 02:41 PM
the GG i just meat dated a CD before. this isnt wht i dress of course LOL its who i am. im happy just being me ;)

there was a fer people just partially dressed tiff. you'll blend right in

mikiSJ
07-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Scary, exhilirating, uplifting - an epiphany and why in hell didn't I do this ____ years ago.

Good for you, girl!

Amanda22
07-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Jen and Kim,

I have the same experience with GGs. Although I'm definitely not in the market for a relationship (I'm very happily married), time and time again females I meet while dressed are very, very friendly. Maybe they find our strength and courage to be ourselves an attractive quality.

jsunic_1978
07-14-2013, 09:16 PM
very true amanda. Im just enjoying the ride right now, meeting people and jrff isnt so high strung now LOL Meeting new people is fun and i cant wait to see what will devlope ;) its good to me.

laurie01
08-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Its so nice that your exploring Jen.

Suzanne F
08-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Jen
So great that you have found a group. I just started going a few months ago myself. I too am so happy to get to be Suzanne with other girls! I hope you find the happiness we all deserve.
Hugs
Suzanne

Jocee
09-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Good for you! I did a group therapy for a few years when I was sorting things out. It was a great experience as I got to share with a very diverse set of people.