PDA

View Full Version : I finally owned it in public

Tara D. Rose
07-14-2013, 08:32 AM
I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to specifically buy those hot pink panties I saw in there a few days earlier. So it was Saturday and they were very crowded. So I had them in the buggy and was in one of the long lines. The line seemed to take forever. Price checks, oh put this item back, re do it. Anyway, my time came, I laid the two pair of those very hot fluorescent pink panties with white lacy trim on the legs on the counter. There were people behind me and in front and all around.The SA being about 40 years old. Actually held them up to look at them, making sure the people behind me could get a good look at what I was buying. She put them in the bag and as I was swiping my card and punching in my pin, she said "It takes a real man to buy hot pink panties"
I didn't really understand what she said, what I thought she said, "it takes a real man to buy your wife hot pink panties". So I smiled and said pardon me. So she repeated her self and it was very clear, she did say "It takes a real man to buy hot pink panties".

So I wasn't going to hide behind the wife excuse, so I responded with "well if a man is going to wear panties he needs to be man enough buy by the panties". All she said then and with a big smile was "that's absolutely right". When she said that even I was surprised with her saying that. I walked out of there smiling. It was the same kind of joyous smile I had last week when I walked out of the wig salon.

stephNE
07-14-2013, 08:34 AM
EXCELLENT! Now it just keeps getting easier from here.

kimdl93
07-14-2013, 08:38 AM
You earned it, so you owned it. Good for you! Where to from here?

Debglam
07-14-2013, 08:43 AM
That is great Tara! There IS no shame when there is NOTHING to be ashamed of!

Deb

Beverley Sims
07-14-2013, 11:43 AM
I have been baited by checkout chicks, usually the older ones about 40 to 50.
They live in a different age.
When they do bait me I agree and agree wholeheartedly.
They are the ones with red faces when I leave.
I LOVE being baited...... :)

Kim_Bitzflick
07-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Tara,

I'm so happy for you. This just furthers our cause and gets people used to what we like to do.

Kim

Farrah
07-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Yep, you owned it!...I'm sure it will be much easier next time. You will also find that the people around you don't really care what we're buying. I found that out for myself!;)

Cindia
07-14-2013, 01:55 PM
The other day I had a cashier say something like "I'll spare you the jokes about them not being your color" when I was buying some panties. I wasn't in the mood but I should have said, "actually they are not, but these are the only ones in the style I want that are my size". I also once had a cashier tell me that my daughter would look really nice in the skirt I was buying. That kind of came from nowhere since I was alone. Then the girl at the Payless last week was trying to up sell me all the accessories just like she did with the girls that checked out before me.

Princess Grandpa
07-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Awesome encounter. You handled yourself exactly As I aspire too. Be proud of yourself.

Hug
Rita

Tracii G
07-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Way to own it Tara!!!

Sister Rachel
07-14-2013, 02:05 PM
.. yes .. and a really big :hugs: to the woman on the checkout .. good on ya, gal! :)

Wildaboutheels
07-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Good Grief. I sense a tiger in the making. Way to go.

Look out world!

daviolin
07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
You rock girl. I look so forward to thoughts kind of situations. Daviolin

Nayomi2438
07-14-2013, 08:04 PM
You did great! I don't think it should ever matter. Don't be afraid or ashamed of what you buy and stand up for who you are. It takes balls to be a woman! Just ask any woman.

Bree Wagner
07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Good for you! What a way to take pride and ownership of the situation. Well done Tara!

Keri L
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Way to go, Tara! that's awesome.

I was checking out at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago, and the cashier said something like, "some girl is pretty lucky to get that blouse and skirt," and I just blurted out "or not!" and gave her a big smile. It felt a lot like you described--owning it.

Best,
Cate

Amanda22
07-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Tara, I'm so proud and grateful to you for doing that. More of us need to follow suit and "own it" as you say. Excellent positive post.

KateSpade83
07-14-2013, 09:58 PM
I always wanted a Yellow swim bikini set and finally got one at SuperWalmart Janesville WI. I was a bit embarrassed that the couple behind me saw it. But your story was something else! Thanks for sharing!