PDA

View Full Version : Frank Marino quote

harley47
07-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Recently we were in Las Vegas. Reading an article in the local paper that Frank Marino (who is likely the preeminent drag queen performing there) will tie the knot formally with his long time partner--there was a quote that I think is priceless.

' a drag queen is a person who has too much fashion sense to be just one sex'.

I love that quote--think it applies to we who love women's clothing, even if always in a closet.

Christinedreamer
07-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Actually that line came from Noxema (Wesley Snipes)in the movie "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything. Julie Newmar

Julie Bender
07-14-2013, 05:27 PM
It's perfect! And this is good news too!

4mymichelle
07-15-2013, 02:44 AM
I was there for the performance of Divas when Frank's longtime partner actually proposed to him. It was a surprise to Frank and a real touching moment for everyone in the audience. I have included a couple of pictures. First is the proposal after the Divas show. Second is me with Frank :battingeyelashes:

Michelle

Beverley Sims
07-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Michelle actually being there caps off this thread nicely.
Good for you.

4mymichelle
07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks Beverley. Yes it was wonderful to be there in person to see this event take place. Right timing to have selected this date :)

Michelle

BLUE ORCHID
07-15-2013, 06:51 PM
And I thought what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

ArleneRaquel
07-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I may have "caught a bug" but today I really want to perform enfemme, my recent outing and the compliments must have gone to my head.

4mymichelle
07-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Orchid, couldn't keep news like this in Vegas. Some things need to be told for all to hear. :heehee:

Arlene, all of the compliments are well deserved and not just in your head. I say you should be performing, being on top of the world right now :battingeyelashes:

Michelle

ArleneRaquel
07-16-2013, 01:09 AM
michelle,
Thank you kind lady. You have also posted some fabulous pics, which I may need to study in depth, for research puposes only in regard to my new profession as a profession entertainer. The idea that I might do some "drag routine" is most likely a pipe dream, but can't a girl dream ? 50plus years ago I dreamed of living my adult life as a woman and here I am. Back then I dreamed that my female life would start earlier than my late 50's but better late than never.:battingeyelashes:

A few years back I purchased at least 4 pairs of female prescription glasses from FOUR EYES, a very inexpensive optical store. The young lady that fitted me and who later take care of me when the new glasses had arrived and as I was trying them on she asked me " Do you need so many pairs of (female) frames because you do a drag show ? " I took that as a compliment, as I interpretated her question as an affirmation that I could pass as a woman. That was a great experience.

4mymichelle
07-16-2013, 03:04 AM
Arlene, you are truly welcome! I have a few more pictures that I took with other entertainers from the Divas show. I will post them when I get a chance so you can see how fabulous they look and may give you more ideas.

Hugs,
Michelle