PDA

View Full Version : Some nice weekend encounters and experiences.

Eryn
07-14-2013, 06:22 PM
I had a lovely weekend from a CDer point of view. Here are some highlights:

My electrologist introduced me to another of her clients who shares with me so many characteristics (Height, shoe size, education, age, etc.) that it's a bit spooky. We had met before for dinner but since it was in Eryn's no-fly-zone I was in drab.

Friday Dinner:
We decided to try a new restaurant far enough from home so I could dress and here is the outfit I put together:

I also had some fun with magnetic nail polish:

Mimi was along and we had a wonderful time chatting about all manner of things and enjoying a great dinner. As we were leaving the restaurant the lady walking behind us said "I hope you ladies play basketball!" and we all had a good laugh!

Planning a shopping trip, and a little coming-out snag:
My new friend mentioned that she had some shoes to return to DSW so we decided to make a trip the next day after her electrology session. This posed a minor dilemma for me since our electrologist had never seen me en femme. Her office is well within the aforementioned no-fly zone and I had always seen her in male mode. I'm very private about my femme side locally. Still, I had little doubt about her knowing about Eryn since (1) we had often spoken of TG issues and (2) she examines my face with strong magnifiers once a week it is very likely that she has seen a speck of stray makeup here and there.

I wore a casual long denim skirt and colorful top with sandals (the better to try on shoes!) and took particular care with my makeup since Eryn was going to be seen by "new" people whose profession is skin care. My daughter and I arrived a bit early and we had a lovely chat with the electrologist's daughter and another customer while waiting.

My friend finished her session and they came out into the waiting area. Everything felt perfectly natural but the smile on my electrologist's face said that she was happy to see the real purpose of her handiwork. We chatted for a bit more and then departed for DSW.

Shopping:
As I said my friend and I are both 11s, so we headed for the DSW clearance racks and dove right in. I found a pair of Guess cork and leather wedges for everyday:

and some Madden Girl red patent pumps that will go with a holiday outfit I've been putting together. My daughter found some edgy wedges by Irregular Choice,

We also visited Nordstrom Rack and had some fun trying on things but nothing struck me to the point of buying.

Getting ready for evening, and a GG-ish moment:
It was early afternoon and we had an evening event to attend so we headed for home. The event was a dinner with a TG group and I had the rather marvelous experience of already being in girl mode as I began to get ready. Once I put on my evening dress and my new wedges I found that my nails were done and makeup still looked good. I added some evening pizazz to my eyes and cheeks, touched up my lipstick and I was good to go!

We headed down to Long Beach and enjoyed a marvelous dinner with the group!

Epilogue:
Mimi and I at our local mall today and since I was local I was in boy mode. I was wearing khaki cargo Capris with a peach T-shirt and carrying my usual khaki mini messenger bag male-mode purse. We were in Charming Charlies and a salesgirl came up from behind us with a friendly "Can I help you ladies find something?"

Made my day! :)

Tracii G
07-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a fun time love the nail polish too.

kimdl93
07-14-2013, 06:44 PM
A really great weekend! Seems you covered all the bases in two days!

BLUE ORCHID
07-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Eryn, Your nails are awesome looking.

Nayomi2438
07-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Brava! It is as it should be.

Eryn
07-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi Eryn, Your nails are awesome looking.

Hint: Magnetic polish is on sale at Target this week! :)

Princess Grandpa
07-14-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm so glad you had fun. I love the wedges. I have never heard of magnetic nail polish. I guess that's not a real surprise, I never paid attention to female health and Beaty products before. /giggle

Hug
Rita

Farrah
07-15-2013, 02:19 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I also love those nails!

4mymichelle
07-15-2013, 03:02 AM
Eryn,

It is always nice to hear when someone has a great experience being out and about. I am glad that you had such a lovely weekend :) Being called a lady brings a smile and makes one day!

Hugs,
Michelle

Alexis.j
07-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Glad you had a great time out, its a pity that you ha e to watch where you may go, but at least you are lucky enough to go out.
And I love the polish too!

Beverley Sims
07-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Eryn,
A lot of fun packed into one weekend.
I have been experimenting with various mixtures of magnetic nail polish.
Trying to make mini pictures using strong magnetic fields.
So far I have made a mess and wasted polish.
The big breakthrough will come.

Eryn
07-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Beverley, The magnets that come with the polish are quite weak. Perhaps you are putting too many Teslas into the polish!

MysticLady
07-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi Eryn, I read your post and I'm very happy for you. The fact that you're out and about during the day and shopping w/ the daughter. That's wonderful. Keep up the good work Girl. Love the Shoes.

Di
07-15-2013, 11:26 PM
Love the nails:D
Love the shoes...btw I wear an 11 as well:D

Loved hearing about your busy weekend.:love:

Lorileah
07-15-2013, 11:30 PM
with magnetic polish I get one nail on each hand to work...how do you do it?

Eryn
07-16-2013, 01:34 AM
how do you do it?

Start with clear base coat, let dry for a few minutes at least.

Shake magnetic polish really well. (BTW, I'm using Sally Hanson brand magnetic polish)

Apply slightly heavier-than-normal coat of polish to one nail.

Immediately apply magnetic cap, looking at nail from side so that the gap between magnet and nail is visible. Make gap as small as possible for a count of 10.

Repeat for remainder of nails.

I don't get perfect results. Wider nails seem to get the pattern only in the middle. Occasionally a nail won't pick up the pattern at all.

The instructions say to apply one coat, let dry, then do the magnet thing with a second coat but I've had good luck with one coat.

A coat of Orly Sec-n-Dry top coat makes them look amazingly glossy if you want that effect.

Have fun!