PDA

View Full Version : A wish list. Just venting. Nothing to see here.

Julie1123
07-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Wish I understood why I like dressing.

Wish I would stop flipping back and forth between loving it and feeling guilty about it.

Wish I could find a look from the neck up that I was happy with.

Wish I had a friend offline that I could talk to about it. All of you are great. I hope you know what I mean.

Wish I could make up my mind about whether or not I want to go out dressed.

Wish I could stop worrying about all this stuff and just enjoy it.

Sabrina133
07-15-2013, 08:54 AM
All great wishes sweetie. The thing about it is -- most of these are realizable. Some just have to do with finally accepting who you are and being comfortable with it. I know its easier said than done but i think many of us have been in the same boat.

Hugs
Bree

Sarah Doepner
07-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Julie,
They say the first step toward getting your wishes granted is to say them. By listing them out you have started moving in that direction. And when you come up with the answers, please share them here because a lot of us are still wishing for the same things.

paulaprimo
07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
did you steal my list??? :)

Beverley Sims
07-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Me?
I just wish. :)

Barbra P
07-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Julie

I’m betting I’m a whole lot older than you (seventy in August) and most of your wishes would also be on my list if I were to make a list.
1. I think we all wish we understood why we like to dress, but the medical community doesn’t understand it yet either. There just isn’t any place to turn for that answer.
2. I’ve had two years of therapy and my Therapist has told me repeatedly that I have nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about. More the most part I’m not ashamed about my dressing, but I know my Wife doesn’t like it and I feel guilty about making her unhappy.
3. Unless you were born with a small head for a male with a less prominent jaw and brow bone and more prominent cheekbones, in other words decidedly feminine features it may be very difficult to achieve that look. However the right makeup, skillfully applied can go a long way in making us look feminine. There is help available, although it may take some courage on your part to ask for it.
4. I notice you don’t list a location in your profile. When I first came to this forum I listed where I lived in my introduction and I heard from several other members that live in the same general area and I’ve met several of them at a San Diego TG support group and I swap Emails and PM’s with a few others. There is a good chance there are other CD’s not too far from you but you may have to reveal your location to find them. You don’t have to meet face-to-face enfemme to have a friend but you may eventually mutually decide that would be something you’d like to do.
5. Not everyone has a desire to go out and not everyone should even contemplate going out. I live in Southern California (a pretty liberal place), I’m retired so I don’t have a job to worry about, and I’m old enough that I don’t much care what most people think. I don’t go out very much because my Wife says it embarrasses her. Before going out enfemme you need to think about the consequences if you get caught – there is a very good chance you will eventually get caught. How many people know you dress now? If you are not out of the closet I wouldn’t think about going out enfemme.
6. Sometimes it is good to worry – reread item 5 – maybe you are one of those who should worry about getting caught. Therapy helped me greatly to get over worrying about my dressing; my Therapist, and to some extent my Doctor, helped me realize that dressing enfemme was part of who I am, dressing is something I do and I shouldn’t be any more ashamed of my dressing than of having blue eyes. However there are times when it is best kept under wraps, not everyone you know or meet is going to look kindly on your dressing and some may be in a position to do you harm in one form or another.
I’ve been shopping a few times enfemme and had a wonderful time, it’s great to try on clothes and see if they fit before you plunk down money for them. I’ve been to support group meetings and I’ve been to see my Therapist enfemme. Many of my neighbors have seen me and it has been my observation that the women are much more accepting than the men. Most of the women will wave and say Hi and some of the women love to chat with Barbra. The men seem to ignore Barbra but that may partially be just my perception because as Barbra I’m much more comfortable being with other women than I am being around men so I do think I tend to avoid men.

Practice your makeup, GG’s weren’t born with an innate knowledge on how to apply makeup, they had to learn what worked and what doesn’t. Some of them never learn. Girls got together in the school restrooms and shared makeup and tips; they met after school or had pajama parties and experimented with makeup, and many sought professional help with makeup. Any MAC or Sephora store will gladly teach you, as will many of the cosmetic kiosks in any large department store. I’ve even seen ads from Avon Ladies that say they cater to us. But above all else dress whenever you have the urge and just shamelessly enjoy your time as a woman.