PDA

View Full Version : The Bug Bites

Rebecca Star
07-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi all,

I've always maintained the notion if I go out enfemme I'll be flagged in a sec due to my height. Ok super models are tall but I'm no super model and I also like to wear heels. I guess I can leave the heels for home etc etc and wear a pair of ballet shoes, leggings etc etc

Been invited by a GG to a club which is TG friendly. So I guess I'll be fine there. It's kinda scary but amazing at the same time. I'm really looking forward to it.

hugs

x

Rebecca Star

suzanne
07-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Whether you get flagged or not is immaterial. Your level of public acceptance depends mainly on your level of self-acceptance. If you slink around and cower in fear, that will far more negative attention than your attire. Tell yourself "I am good enough to be here, or anywhere else, for that matter" and walk tall, I mean proud. Then just have fun! And don't forget to post how it all went!

Lynn Marie
07-15-2013, 03:01 PM
By all means, wear your favorite heels and outfit. Just simply strut your stuff, own the place, and enjoy. Leave no room for fear, you'll be with friends. Fear will make you miserable. Enjoying the company of friends and acquaintences will make you joyful! There's just nothing better than that.

Eryn
07-15-2013, 04:52 PM
In a "TG friendly" environment you are pretty sure to be made, simply because that is what the people there expect to see. That's not a bad thing because you are accepted there.

In the mainstream you are very likely to be perceived as the gender you are presenting. Most people make the "male or female" evaluation based upon obvious visual cues and stick with it unless you give the observer a lot of evidence to the contrary. Even if they suspect, the potential embarrassment of calling a GG male will keep them in line unless their inhibitions are impaired by alcohol or youth.

kimdl93
07-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Don't worry about being read. Focus on the important thing...you were invited by a GG to a TG friendly club. That's a dream come true for many a CDr. Enjoy yourself!

Jen60
07-15-2013, 08:12 PM
In the supermarket yesterday, I saw a woman with several children in tow who was at least 6'3" - as tall or taller that I, so there are plenty of tall women out there!

Jon7
07-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Go out and have a good time, be yourself and don't woory about what others are thinking. Have fun!!!

Beverley Sims
07-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Rebecca,
Go an have a good time. :)

AmyGaleRT
07-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Rebecca, I'm tall and plus-sized, and I'm not shy about wearing heels. Or about going out, either. I just make sure I've done a good job putting myself together, then go out confident in myself and in my presentation. Something I've told myself on occasion is, "I'm not being 'indecent,' I'm fully dressed...and quite nicely, too!" :)

Yes, at a T-friendly club, you're more likely to be "read." But you're also more likely to be treated as what you present as, too, and even complimented on your looks. It does wonders for your feminine self-image!

Don't even worry about it, just go out and have fun.

- Amy