PDA

View Full Version : A lost opportunity

gigikaye
07-15-2013, 01:47 PM
While shopping for bras and panties have you ever encountered another man en drab who obviously is a CD? Last week I was in drab in a large department store looking at the bra and panty selections when I noticed another man close by also looking around. I also could see he was wearing a bra by the impressions on the back of his shirt, and it looked like hi-cut panties under white Bermuda shorts. His finger and toenails (he had sandals on) were polished in a soft neutral color with a touch of pink. He wore a unisex necklace and bracelet and no other feminine garb. I also had on a bra and panties but these were not noticeable under my darker loose fitting clothes.

We passed each other several times as we moved among the racks and I can't tell you how excited I became about wanting to engage in a conversation with him. I kept hoping he would approach me with small talk so we could exchange our thoughts and comments on the merchandise. I was afraid to start the conversation myself. I could see that he was curious about this other man browsing the bras and panties because he kept looking over at me. But he never spoke up and unfortunately neither did I. Eventually I moved on to another department and I regret it sooo much.

Any of you ever have any similar experiences?

Farrah
07-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Never, had that opportunity. However, I remember a while back, we discussed we should wear something that signifies who we are, so those moments would be easier. Maybe se should wear pink rubber band around our wrist or something. I don't know, but we need something so we can recognize one another....:)

Lynn Marie
07-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Is that sort of like two closet CD's passing in the night.

Lorileah
07-15-2013, 03:00 PM
closet encounters of the third kind. I see by your outline that you are a a CD...

Back to the OP...You don't know. You assume. You don't walk up to strangers and say..."Hey I see you are wearing a bra...So am I!" You would not do it to a woman, you would not do it to a man no matter how sure you are they are CD. So what you did was what you should have done.

And in Re; having something (like a target?) that identifies you to another? Sort of makes the closet a moot point then doesn't it? Just dress and go out if you want to be identified. Look how long it took for the earring and hanky code to be known by the muggles. (BTW lavender is the color for queens)

rachael.davis
07-15-2013, 03:09 PM
closet encounters of the third kind. I see by your outline that you are a a CD...

Back to the OP...You don't know. You assume. You don't walk up to strangers and say..."Hey I see you are wearing a bra...So am I!" You would not do it to a woman, you would not do it to a man no matter how sure you are they are CD. So what you did was what you should have done.

And in Re; having something (like a target?) that identifies you to another? Sort of makes the closet a moot point then doesn't it? Just dress and go out if you want to be identified. Look how long it took for the earring and hanky code to be known by the muggles. (BTW lavender is the color for queens)

I can see by your bra straps that you are one too...

Loni
07-15-2013, 05:07 PM
maybe just ask. what do you think of this one.

heatherdress
07-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Hmmmm. How about CD identification bracelets? Maybe wear "CD.com" t-shirts or jackets when we shop. We could have CD ID cards or business cards. Maybe secret code words or signs.

DianeDeBris
07-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I can see by your bra straps that you are one too...
<g> "If I show my bra straps can I be one too...."

donnalee
07-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Maybe some strappy sandals with a 1" heel?
Seriously, not a good idea.

Dana L
07-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Ooo that that might of been me! Not really, but I always shop and pick out my bras and panties myself. I bring my wife with me just to eliminate questions. But I like the idea of a secret way of identifying each other.

Farrah
07-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Kind of like a sorority of sorts...:)

Alice Torn
07-15-2013, 11:30 PM
"As I walked out in the ladies department, As i walked out in Sally's one day. I spied an old dresser, all wrapped in his drabbies. All wrapped in his drabbies, but shopping for bras. I see by his bra lines that he was a dresser. He saw by my hose, that I am one too. It we were real women, we would not stay stoic. I f we were real women, we'd compare, and converse!

Beverley Sims
07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I have seen others but I do not think it is good to broach the subject in the bra department, or anywhere else for that matter.
A social evening somewhere and that is a more opportune time.

Loni
07-16-2013, 03:54 PM
well today i took the step forward to say hello to a trans gal.
i was i (should i post the name of the store?) and had to use the restroom (was in drab).
but this gal used the place (yes the "mens").
we left at the same time, i took a step forward introduced my self and we had a short chat.
seeing as she works there in the make-up dept. will return as proper and have her work on my face.
maybe get her ok to post a good place for us to go. as (this chain store) policy toward trans gendered is great to start with.

---but not there employee restroom deals----

so at least this close encounter was a good one, will see how a future one works out.

loni

gigikaye
07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
You know girls, the excitement I felt was the possibility of actually having an in person conversation with someone who obviously shared many of the same desires that I have about dressing. there was no question in my mind that this person was underdressing the way the bra and panties showed through the clothing, he was not trying to hide it. We all know that thrill and excitement of showing just a little bit and he was apparently doing that. I just wish so much that I would have just begun a conversation...innocent and simple. Who knows where it would have led in discussing common dressing subjects. Too bad.

I Am Paula
07-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Hmmmm. How about CD identification bracelets? Maybe wear "CD.com" t-shirts or jackets when we shop. We could have CD ID cards or business cards. Maybe secret code words or signs.

Wouldn't waring women's clothes just be much easier?

Alice Torn- GG's would not stop and discuss their underwear.

Gigikaye- Do you really want to meet men, and discuss underwear? Unless your looking for a date, it rates pretty high on the weird scale.

lingerieLiz
07-16-2013, 10:18 PM
I've never seen a GG that talked to someone they didn't know about their lingerie while shopping. Many GGs don't discuss their lingerie purchases in depth even among shopping with friends. They may say they thought the bras were a great buy, but that is the extent. Why would we assume that we should talk about our underwear to a perfect stranger.

gigikaye
07-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Liz,

I don't think the issue is the same between two GGs as it is between we closeted CDs. We're here in the forum exchanging thoughts and views that we can only discuss here. An opportunity to have an in-person discussion with someone understanding and sympathetic to our feelings would be fantastic.....at least to me.

Dianne S
07-18-2013, 09:15 PM
My wife and I were at a restaurant once and we saw a couple of what initially looked like older women. A second glance revealed that one of the women was clearly a cross-dresser or TS. I really wanted to go up to her and say something, but I didn't. I have no idea what the dynamic between them was, and I'm sure they both wanted to enjoy their evening without being interrupted by strangers.

I'm with others on this forum who say "don't go there." If you want to meet other CD's, join a local CD social club.