PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance and visiting a new Corset shop

JerseyGirlDonna
07-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Had a wonderful day on Saturday - spent the WHOLE day enfemme, mostly shopping. It was sooo hot and humid here that air conditioning was a necessity. I had made an appointment at a fairly new local corset shop and the experience was amazing, felt accepted and wanted. The owner had set out a variety of corsets and lingerie to try on, which I accommodated for one and a half hours! She was curious about CD'ing and I happily shared my experiences with her. Ended up buying a gorgeous satin and lace purple corset and a strapless bra. She's planning to do research and will be contacting me when she gets any new products she thinks I might like. I WILL be returning. When I left I felt like I'd made a new friend.
Donna

Sabrina133
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Same thing happned to me a few weeks ago. We have a new high end lingerie shop in Kansas City that my SO had heard about. We went on a Sat afternoon. Between both of us, we came home with 5 new corsets, panties galore, new bras and some other very cute stuff. The owner was well acquainted with the local TG community so we had a great time. We will also be repeat customers.

Lynn Marie
07-15-2013, 02:29 PM
A well made and properly fitted corset can be magic. Glad to hear that's a little magic in your life.

Julie Denier
07-15-2013, 03:25 PM
What a great experience! Nice avatar, BTW ;)

BLUE ORCHID
07-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Hi Donna, She may have just stumbled on to whole new costumer base.

Andrea Rain
07-15-2013, 06:19 PM
That is awesome to hear Donna, good vibes.

kimdl93
07-15-2013, 06:44 PM
For fun! And to think you may have helped the shop owner broaden both her understanding and her business!

Beverley Sims
07-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Donna,
You may have started a new partnership.

lisacdgurl
09-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Sabrina, can you let a sister in on this gem? I'm in KC too...

Marcelle
09-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Sounds like a great day.

Hugs

Isha

Casimir
09-18-2013, 05:00 PM
I bought a custom corset from the Fitting Room (fittingroomcorsets.com) in Seattle. Marie was very helpful and it was obvious a lot of her clientelle were CD'ers. The corset is great and I'd highly recommend her.

candicd
09-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Need to find a corset shop in North Texas. That sounds like fun.

wtbanon1
09-26-2013, 02:24 PM
I had a similar experience this week when I went for my custom corset fitting. Brought along a friend of mine who designs costumes, and she ended up helping me go bra shopping since I needed it for the corset fitting. I mentioned that I felt like I was a doll that the gals were dressing up. And I didn't mind at all. :-)

Also brought my 180 inch hoop skirt for my ball gown and tried that on with everything. Even had a another customer come in and when she saw me standing there in my corset and crinoline she was all, "Oh I have to get my sister to see this!". And they were awesome about it.

robindee36
09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Great for you Donna. Its so refreshing to hear stories of specialty shops catering to CD's. Places like a corset shop have so many fun foundation items you just don't see much of in the regular stores. I love our little shop in South Chicago. So helpful in selecting and fitting items. Also very eager to give me a call when something they think I might like comes in.

They are a treasure and I always try to spend too much $$$ when I visit ;)

Hugs, Robin

RADER
09-26-2013, 05:04 PM
I love our little shop in South Chicago. So helpful in selecting and fitting items. Also very eager to give me a call when something they think I might like comes in.
Hugs, Robin

I went their once a long time ago,(About 4 years ago) I called ahead, and yes you can come over about 4 PM on a Saturday.
When I got there there was 3 GG's in the store getting things. I waited about 20 minuets and when a young SA came over to
me and asked what I wanted, I said I would like a corset, and I was told on the phone you would help me get one.
The Girl said in a very loud voice as so everyone in the store could here, You want a corset?
I said softly, yes. Then she shouts again and points to me.... He wants a corset
That was the last straw for me, I said good by, and the 4 GG's just laugh me out of the store.
I will never go back there again.
Rader

Jordan-NH
09-26-2013, 06:40 PM
What I took away from that was "corset shop". These places exist? I do love living in New Hampshire, but sometimes I wonder why.

Glad you had such a good experience.

SometimesJen
09-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Good times Donna! It sounds like you had a great time and found an awesome place.

Sabrina, Lisa... Where is this gem of which you speak? I'm also in KC.

Although I haven't shopped there, I've seen other cd's in Donna's dress shop on 39th and heard fantastic things about her service. I've been to Sazzy's in Olathe, KS. She's very friendly to cd's, has a decent assortment of fashion corsets, and even a few steel boned ones.

If you're looking for nice otr (off the rack) corsets one website is corset-story. I've seen a couple of their steel boned corsets and they looked nice for the price.

My last 4 genuine steel-boned corsets have come from Orchard Corset. Their web site gives all the important measurements to tell if a particular corset is likely to fit you, not just a waist size. Their corsets are well made and very durable. They also have bras, hosiery, and shapewear, including plus sizes. Their customer service is outstanding and they work well with cd's.