PDA

View Full Version : Totally bizarre but fantastc afternoon

Ellie52
07-16-2013, 02:47 AM
Totally Weird experience this afternoon.
I was working in Perth and there was a wig shop a couple of doors up the street. I* thought why not, Ill just have a look.
Anyway I walked in and the ladies asked if they could help, which I declined. So I was looking at the wigs and I asked for a price, the sales lady was fantastic, and asked me if it was for me - which she knew it was. i said It must seem weird and she said Not at all, they get a lot of CD's in there. She then proceeded to test wigs on me. Totally bizarre as all 3 sales assistants then wanted to discuss things and see how I looked. I showed them the pics on the forum and they were amazed how different I looked. They then went on to mention a club in Perth where a lot of CD's go. I couldn't believe I could walk into a shop and tell a total stranger all this. I must say they were fantastic and we ended up talking like great friends. I showed them the ladies cuban heel boots , and the ladies knee high's I always wear, and they were so cool with it.
I am totally blown away and want to share this 'little' thing with all of you.

Great afternoon - thought you might like to hear about this. Ellie...Confidence is growing..:)

jaye_cd
07-16-2013, 03:09 AM
Isn't it interesting how the the 'little' things make such a big impact?

Tracii G
07-16-2013, 03:21 AM
I find it quite easy to discuss my other side with total strangers.

linda allen
07-16-2013, 06:22 AM
But did you buy any of the wigs?

BLUE ORCHID
07-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Hi Eloise, The lady that owned the wig store (now closed) that I've got so many wigs from over the years told me that
she had many male customers it was always fun picking out wigs and trying them on.

Ellie52
07-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Linda
Ill have to discuss it with my wife first. They were quite expensive and I dont really need one as I have the blonde (partytown) wig. The quality was totally different and felt fantastic but can I justify the price? Maybe a xmas present......Ellie

nethiker55
07-16-2013, 06:49 AM
I think an accepting stranger is always easier to talk with as they are not yet part of your life and if you disagree you can easily walk away and never have to see them again so no worry of judgement or the scandal of them telling everyone and embarrassing you infront of your friends and family.

TeresaCD
07-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Glad you had fun - good hair makes the girl..
So start saving :battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
07-16-2013, 12:33 PM
I discovered one just like that in the Adelaide arcade the other day.
They apparently have a lot of CDers that frequent the area.

ArleneRaquel
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
A totally awesome story.

Alexis.j
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM
That's great Ellie,
I also been wanting to talk to people/strangers when out and about, mentally I'm cool with it, and don't hide, if someone asks, I tell them, buuuttt, most of the time I automatically say "it's not for me" and just as I say it, I realize what I just said... suppose its all just habbit.
I've got to the point of not wanting to hide anymore, even created a FB page, and I don't care if someone finds out, but I don't go telling everyone, yet...
Have a great time hun.

mariehart
07-16-2013, 01:30 PM
I found that with wig shops too here in Ireland. Inevitably many of their customers are CDs and good for business. In fact many positively encourage CDs to drop in although in a subtle way. The last wig I bought. I was with a female friend and between her and the staff I was made very comfortable.

lingerieLiz
07-16-2013, 10:41 PM
The first wig I ever bought was "for a girl friend". The woman asked if I had ever had one on. When I said no she said you have to try it on, no one will know. Well, I tried it on and she said OMG you would be so pretty. Never did admit it was for me, but figured out that she was fitting me.

MissTee
07-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I bought all my wigs on line. Too chicken to face someone in person.

Farrah
07-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Its always feels good to able to talk openly to someone, especially women about the little gift that we have..:)

ArleneRaquel
07-16-2013, 11:22 PM
I have had recently great exchanges with the ladies at my optican, I was a fantastic experience and I'm still floating on air.

ossian
07-16-2013, 11:57 PM
This is an awesome confidence building story!

Andrea Rain
07-17-2013, 12:12 AM
So cool to hear Eloise :), I love lil rays of sunshine like that.

Ellie52
07-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Im going back today to get my wig - if its still there and it still looks good. I mentioned it to my wife and she wants to know why I didnt buy it there and then. She is SO fantastic
The wig is different to the one in my Avatar. It is still blonde but not as thick and is sculptured around the face and also has a fringe. It is still synthetic as I cant justify the cost of a real hair wig but it looks real, unlike my existing one which looks fake close up. Ill have to post some pics if I get it.....Ellie:)

ArleneRaquel
07-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Ellie,
Your wife seems fantastic, loving, & awesome.

Jennifer Marie P.
07-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Isnt that wonderful gives you a lot of confidence.

Sabrina133
07-17-2013, 07:46 PM
I find it quite easy to discuss my other side with total strangers.

You are so right Tracii. When travelling, I've found myself talking to strangers on planes and trains or in restaurants or clubs about things i would normally never mention or talk to family or close friends about. Our anonymity seems to make us quite comfortable with revealing all to perfect strangers.

TeresaCD
07-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Looking forward to seeing it!

Kandy Barr
07-17-2013, 10:43 PM
"Little girl", Farrah, my little girl has already grown up and is taking over!!!! Expensive too. ha ha ....

Ellie, I enjoyed reading about you're encounter at the wig store. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when we can just be comfortable being ourselves and openly share our femme side without being ashamed. I'm coming to realize what we have is very special, and wonderful. We should feel good about our femme side and want to share it with others.

vikki2020
07-17-2013, 10:53 PM
get used to it, Ellie! (if you want!) you will find that the more you are confident, and proud of who you are---the better the reception! Especially with the GG's! They seem to just love to chat with girls like us!

Diversity
07-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi Ellie,
Thanks for sharing this. Can you give us the name of the wig shop you attended?
May come in handy for future travel! :)
Di

Ellie52
07-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Diversity - and all Perth (western australian) CD'ers go to unit 2 113 Russell Street Morley WA or www.curlysues. com.au.
Lovely people. Went to get my wig and 3 other shoppers in store. The SA's kept us seperated so I wouldnt be embarrased. They waited until these girls had left before attending to my wig needs. I felt totally welcome at this store and nothingwas too much trouble.

Wore my wig on the drive back into the city - I was so scared..Ellie

Ellie52
07-18-2013, 07:42 AM
picture of the new wig A bit blurry unfortunately. Ill have to try again when I get more time. Sorry no makeup didnt have time...Ellie

linda allen
07-18-2013, 07:51 AM
That's great. It looks more natural than your other one. And be sure to hug and kiss your wife for encouraging you to buy it.

Ellie52
07-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Linda - thanks for the nice comments. Its so much more fun when you dont have to hide...Unfortunately my son was in the house and the pictures were rushed. I have some Ellie time coming soon so Ill make time for some better pictures. The wigs are similar style but feel totally different..Ellie.
ps. I always make sure to treat my wife like the queen she is (did I say queen. She is so special)

NathalieX66
07-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds like fun...but definitely not bizarre.

Think about all the wig salons. They'd be suffering financially if it weren't for us crossdressers.
So, of course they're welcoming.

I'm glad you had a fun afternoon.

TeresaCD
07-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Looks great, Ellie!