PDA

View Full Version : CD'ing, and My Neighbor Comes In...

RebeccaLynne
07-16-2013, 03:15 AM
... OK, I'll set the scene.

Just past 11PM, PST. Front door open to let the cool night air in. Watching the evening news, waiting for the "Tonight Show" to begin... I just love Jay Leno's "Headlines" on Mondays.

My next door neighbor, Ray, 81 years young, appears at my door. Says Hi, and opens the screen door (unlocked)... did I freak out? No. He's my friend, and he's seen me crossdressed once previously at Halloween.

So I'm sitting on the couch, en femme, skirt, heels, earrings, makeup... the whole nine yards. Was I apprehensive? A little, I suppose. But, really, I didn't mind if he knew. Yeah, I'm "in house", and kinda secretive regarding CD'ing... but he is my friend, and if seeing me dressed as a woman was upsetting to him, he certainly didn't show it.

We had a pleasant conversation about many topics. He had come over to inform me he'd gotten another jury duty summons, which is ridiculous 'cause he's a convicted felon, and therefor ineligible to serve... BTW, his conviction was for a breaking and entering in his youth, for which he served prison time, and has paid his debt to society.

Anyway, he's gotten a summons at least every two years or so, and I've called on his behalf to have him released from the obligation based on his history. This time he'd completed the form on his own, and just wanted to show me. He's a proud guy, and a real sweetheart.

He was initially somewhat surprised by my appearance, but took it in stride. Like I said, he's a sweetheart. I got up twice to check my dinner in the oven, ever mindful that I was wearing a skirt and heels, yet quite comfortable in my attire.

We talked about sports officiating, wrestling (his favorite viewing pastime), bad drivers, etc.

He never said a word about how I was dressed. He accepts me for who I am, and I'm thankful for that.

Thanks for reading this. I just wanted to share this with all of you. I feel validated, and accepted for who I am. :)

Tracii G
07-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Sounds like a nice neighbor.

Khaleesi81
07-16-2013, 04:07 AM
That was a nice post, always nice to hear stories of accepting people. Thanks for sharing.

CD Tammy
07-16-2013, 04:34 AM
I'm glad your neighbor accepts it so well. *Mental note to self: Do a door lock check before dressing.

Alexis.j
07-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Nice neighbour... wish there were more of them around! Most of my neighbours are stuck up a-holes, anyhow we have two or three that are cool though. I would like to know how much they know of me though, lol, they have seen me dressed in a skirt occasionally, and even wearing finger nail polish, toes have been done for way too long to remember.

Jolene Robertson
07-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Sounds like a cool neighbor. Too bad they can't expunge his record after so many years of keeping clean.

BOBBI G.
07-16-2013, 05:38 AM
Sounds like someone I would enjoy living near me. Side note, here in Florida, after the age of 70 you can opt out of all jury duty, permanently, . Call the local clerk of Courts and see if he has this option. I did and now no more periodic yellow cards in the mail. Might help him.

Bobbi

Raychel
07-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Nice to have good neighbors and good friends, But if you go walking into someones house at 11pm.
then I guess you would expect to see just about anything.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Jana
07-16-2013, 05:59 AM
You say you are secretive about CDing, yet leave your door unlocked... o_0

Kandy Barr
07-16-2013, 07:03 AM
I love it when we are accepted for who we are and not for what we wear. Oh that more were like your neighbor. Good story Rebecca, thanks.

kimdl93
07-16-2013, 07:22 AM
I guess some of our elders are pretty open minded and accepting too. Sounds like a great guy.

Princess Grandpa
07-16-2013, 07:29 AM
Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Hug
Rita

Lacyfem
07-16-2013, 10:11 AM
First I'd never leave my front door unlocked at 11pm so you are trusting. Did he say why he walked into your house unannonced at this time of night as that's a bit odd in itself. Once in I'm kind of curious how your attire never came up as it was a perfect opportunity to discuss how he feels about your crossdressing and what he felt about your looks. Were you wearing makeup and all. I would be curious and if he didn't bring it up I definitely would have. However, you now have an understanding neighbor to perhaps share with in the future and perhaps you can visit him next time at his home. Enjoy!

Barbra P
07-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Do to BPH, Type II Diabetes, and assorted medications my need potty breaks occurs more frequently than the courts schedule and my Doctor writes an exciuse whenever I get a jury notification. On my last notification she said this would be the last letter she would have to write as I would be 70 before I received another one. Once you reach 70 in California you don’t need a Doctor’s note to be excused, you can fill out the reason(s) yourself.

A couple months ago the neighbor lady across the street and four doors up mentioned that she was leaving town for awhile. Normally when I’m dressed she more or less avoids me although she sometimes waves. I realized that she was leaving the next day and I needed to talk to her before she left, and I was dressed. I took a couple deep breaths and walked up the street to her house and rang the bell. I was surprised that when she came to the door she said “Oh Hi, come on in.” I sat in her living room and we talked for maybe twenty minutes and she never said a word about my being dressed. I should add that she is my age maybe a year or so older.

There is another woman further up the street but on my side of the street and she always waves when she sees me dressed and I’ll sometimes walk up the street and talk to her. I’m totally sure but I’d put her age a few years younger than me, but she is retired.

I know there is a perception that older people are closed minded and they don’t accept us, but that has not been my experience.

Beverley Sims
07-16-2013, 12:20 PM
You obviously have a friend in Ray, now don't freak him out by being too blaze.

pedalpusher
07-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I wish the police officer that saw me late one night dressed in my car with troubles would have reacted the same as Ray does....He laughed at me and left me there at 1 am...wasnt sooo friendly! My heart was pounding, as was my foot after he left trying to get out of there! Enjoy that moment sweetie

MysticLady
07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
My next door neighbor, Ray, 81 years young, appears at my door.

Ol Ray, I'm sure at that age, he has seen it all. That's great that he didn't get all freaked out and want to start a war.:argue::chatterbox: If he did, you just might have too teach him a lesson:kickbutt::heehee:. Now, you can invite him over for coffee while dressed and watch Jay.:D

joank
07-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow! Happened to me with my neighbor a couple of years ago. She comes over regularly now and no matter how I'm dressed she is in for a chat. She does not want her SO nor my SO to know about our relationship. BTW, sometimes I ask her for tips on make-up and how the look I have on 'looks'

RebeccaLynne
07-17-2013, 12:49 AM
Thanks to all for your replies and thoughts on my neighbor's unexpected visit at such a late hour... I was as surprised as most of you probably would have been.

I'll try to provide a little more clarification in answering the queries I've quoted...

I'm glad your neighbor accepts it so well. *Mental note to self: Do a door lock check before dressing.

That's good advice, and should be considered mandatory if you're really concerned that someone may actually see you dressed as a woman, when they know you're not.

In my case, he'd first seen me crossdressed once before on Halloween, going trick or treating with my daughter.

The second time, I was guilty as charged... I'd closed my front door, but neglected to lock it; he knocked on the door, then just turned the doorknob and walked in... there I was, en femme. It was about a week before Halloween, a couple years after the above-referenced account. I just said I was conducting a "trial run" in preparation for Halloween, and that was that. We talked for a while, and then he went back home.

Sounds like a cool neighbor. Too bad they can't expunge his record after so many years of keeping clean.

I think he would just as soon leave things as they are... he's not interested in voting or serving on a jury. Fact is, he'd prefer to be left alone by government, other than them making sure he gets his Social Security retirement check every month. He earned it, and they owe it to him. :thumbsup:

You say you are secretive about CDing, yet leave your door unlocked... o_0

Secretive in that I don't go out publicly dressed as a woman, and I don't share my penchant for crossdressing with just anyone. Maybe I should have said I was "selective" as to who knows what I like to do in my spare time. :D

First I'd never leave my front door unlocked at 11pm so you are trusting. Did he say why he walked into your house unannonced at this time of night as that's a bit odd in itself. Once in I'm kind of curious how your attire never came up as it was a perfect opportunity to discuss how he feels about your crossdressing and what he felt about your looks. Were you wearing makeup and all. I would be curious and if he didn't bring it up I definitely would have. However, you now have an understanding neighbor to perhaps share with in the future and perhaps you can visit him next time at his home. Enjoy!

I live in the third house back on a three-house lot, in a quiet and relatively crime-free neighborhood. It's up a long driveway, and quiet. When it's hot outside, I open all the doors and windows to let the cool night air in.

Ray lives in the second house, and I consider him my on-site security guard. His son and daughter-in-law are in law enforcement; he can call and have someone out in minutes. We've always had an open-door understanding. I'm as welcome in his home as he is in mine.

He stopped in to let me know he'd handled the jury duty summons all on his own, and was proud to have done so. I've helped him with so many things that have befuddled him in the past, and he was anxious to share his accomplishment with me.

As to my appearance... as he opened the screen door, I was sitting on the couch opposite the TV, legs crossed at the knee, dressed as described in the OP, including readily visible eyeshadow, mascara, lipstick, and numerous bracelets (I do wear lots of jewelry).

I said, "Hi, Ray, come on in and have a seat... how ya doing?" He said "fine", and extended the envelope he had in his hand containing the completed juror reply form.

I took it, saying, " I really wasn't expecting company, anymore more than you expected to see me wearing a skirt and heels... y'know, it's what I like to do".

He said, "That's OK, I just wanted to let you know I'd taken care of this on my own", as I looked at the return envelope.

I said, "Thank goodness, I thought the property owner was giving us a thirty day notice... I'm relieved that she didn't, 'cause I don't wanna move out!".

He replied, "Nope, just wanted to let you know I'd taken care of this, myself".

He was seeking approval for having handled it on his own. I congratulated him, and I know he was appreciative. We're friends, and I believe he's totally accepting of my gender fluidity. I wouldn't hesitate to visit him en femme. I feel he's always happy to entertain my company, however I'm dressed.

So the next time I feel like visiting him in his home, I will... I'll just have to wear a different outfit! :heehee:

Andrea Rain
07-17-2013, 12:52 AM
So cool to hear aww

Loni
07-17-2013, 01:05 AM
lets see a felon that did time for breaking into homes,
and you are not worried about him just walking into yours late at night????
---but i do like my privacy---

but sounds like he is a good friend in-deeded.

next time maybe lock the doors?
invite him over for tea?
but good times to be had no matter what

Jacqueline Winona
07-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Becky, you handled it about as well as could be expected. I honestly have no idea how I would have done!

Diversity
07-17-2013, 02:48 AM
You obviously have a good friend who doesn't judge you by what you wear. That is indeed a good neighbor!
Di

mikiSJ
07-17-2013, 02:59 AM
Nice story, but:

Your neighbor walks right, is a convicted felon and has served time for breaking and entering...seems or penal system is not doing much to break bad habits.

RebeccaLynne
07-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Let me clear up a couple of misconceptions...

lets see a felon that did time for breaking into homes,
and you are not worried about him just walking into yours late at night????

Loni, he was convicted of breaking and entering a closed liquor store... not anyone's residence. I suppose he just wanted to get inebriated for free... he didn't even attempt to break into the cash register. He spent some time in prison for that indiscretion. He actually quit drinking years ago, in deference to his doctor's recommendations. He has diabetes, and needs to inject insulin daily. Apparently, alcohol is a no-no for type 1 diabetics.

next time maybe lock the doors?
invite him over for tea?
but good times to be had no matter what

Actually, given the fact that I've "outed" myself to him accidentally, I'm actually quite comfortable with him knowing. I'll probably be even more inclined to leave my front door open, with my screen door unlocked... never know who might come over to visit, and I'll try to enlighten them one at a time.

Yep, good times to be had, and let the chips fall where they may! :)

Nice story, but:

Your neighbor walks right, is a convicted felon and has served time for breaking and entering...seems or penal system is not doing much to break bad habits.

Miki, he was in his early twenties at the time. He paid his debt to society, served his time, and has been a productive and upstanding citizen since.

The fact that he took the time to reply to the jury duty summons is a testament to his sense of responsibility. Many would simply tear it up, and throw it in the trash.

He simply doesn't have bad habits... as I've stated, he's a sweetheart.

To everyone reading this thread, and, especially, those who've commented positively... thanks!

It means a lot to me that so many have recognized how wonderful it is to be accepted for who we are... I'm a crossdresser, and I'm blessed to have at least one friend who is OK with it!

MysticLady
07-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Nice story, but:

Sweetie, the guy is a thousand years old. Just blow on him:heehee:

GeorgeA
09-16-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm glad that you have such nice neihbour. I have question about his jury duty. You say he's 81. In Canada there is an age limit, I can't remember exactly but is much lower, perhaps 65 or 70. Would a 100 year-old also be called for jury in the U.S.A? It seems unreasonable.

Gloriamontrose
09-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Sweetie, the guy is a thousand years old. Just blow on him:heehee:
Nah, just offer him a glass of wine next time. Gloria.

Lady Mandy
09-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Very nice story! Wish there were more people in the world such as Ray- wow!, what a guy he is! THAT is a friend!

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful & positive story!

siantv2003
09-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Lovely story .. goes a little way to restoring faith in humanity. Glad he was OK with it and kudos for the way you handled it