PDA

View Full Version : Just curious-half dressed?

Alexis.j
07-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Im just curious why some of us go out half dressed? Ie: not dressed to pass as the opposite gender.
I started that way, and it got more and more over time... Do you want to be seen as a feminine male, or as a non passing guy in a dress? (Fully made up).
Your thoughts on this subject would be appreciated. ..

Deedee Skyblue
07-16-2013, 05:02 AM
I would rather be approved as a guy who likes to wear skirts and heels - without any attempt to pass.

Deedee

BOBBI G.
07-16-2013, 05:30 AM
I consider myself fortunate to even pass as one of the human race. Right now I am in my real life test, so I dress as who I am all the time. I use a bare minimum of cosmetic enhancement as it is way too hot to put on all the warpaint. All I really look for is acceptance.

Bobbi

erickka
07-16-2013, 05:34 AM
I just want to be accepted as another person living on this big blue marble.....regardless of how I am dressed.

Kate Simmons
07-16-2013, 06:11 AM
How others see me is their business Hon. I don't dress for anyone but myself. In any case, I never go out "half dressed" as you say. It's usually all or nothing.:)

deebra
07-16-2013, 06:31 AM
To answer your question, some of us go out half dressed because it's the best we can do and not look weard dressed as a female. If we were blessed to be able to pass as some CDs are we would dress totally fem. Common sence prevails. We enjoy dressing fem, the clothes fit and feel very nice, we take it as far as we can without being outed and embarassed, sometimes we push it a little further and get into the danger zone just to see what we can get away with or maybe a little shock factor. There is a 25 yearold M to F CD on this forum and her pic's show her to be a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10, if we half-dressers could look like her half dressing would disappear.

nethiker55
07-16-2013, 06:43 AM
for me it is a question of comfort more than trying to be something I clearly am not. I love to wear skirts especially in hot weather and of course you cannot beat the feel of silk panties

BLUE ORCHID
07-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi Alexis, Although I don't go out, when I dress I want to look as feminine and natural as I can .

johnboy23
07-16-2013, 07:05 AM
I never wear wigs or make up and I will generally go out dressed in women's clothing. You can see an example under the pic forum. Might have to look through my page to find it.

linda allen
07-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Im just curious why some of us go out half dressed? Ie: not dressed to pass as the opposite gender.
I started that way, and it got more and more over time... Do you want to be seen as a feminine male, or as a non passing guy in a dress? (Fully made up).
Your thoughts on this subject would be appreciated. ..

I do not go out "half dressed" although I'm usually wearing panties. I do not like to draw attention to myself or deal with looks and comments.

The few times I've been out in public I did my best to appear female, but still without drawing attention to myself.

I don't understand the attraction or reasoning of going out as a "man in a dress".

noeleena
07-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi.

Well it would not matter what i wear. i wear Edwardian , 1900' - 14, Renaissance garb 1400 -1700 yes lovely to wear & be seen in by many 1000's of people, day wear normal womens clothes & evening wear, rather nice & pretty, some of my clothes are stricking . other clothes are work clothes nothing out of the ordenery .

So for the ? how do i wish to be seen. or how im seen. two very different answers here for myself. a feminine male that would bring a different aspect to myself, never thought i could, so no . now a non passing male, no, now, this fully made up. heck that would be pulling it a bit to have an effect on myself dought that very much. let alone would work, again no.

makeup is a non event sad to say. so ill just have to say. for one who does not have that female look about her theres not much she can do to look more like a female , did makeup for two years now dont even bother, & when you dont have those female facial features you justhave to live with what you have,

if you get rejected because of that then you feel sad, though being accepted for who you are then you know its not how you look or not , its who you are as a person who becomes part of the community & socity, so theres a big difference ,
Yes i lack a few details as a female & i have some nice aspects about myself so i work on those, so how i look or what i wear, does not become an issue, im just accepted , so this over comes my lacks, & fail points,

...noeleena...

Alexis.j
07-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all of your input. As I have been "evolving" into what I am now, I was still unsure of things, and tried, little things, a bit at a time. I think I did that to not make it too obvious to other people around me, and it was easier to make up excuses for....
I have since then realized that it is not what I want anymore, but in fact to present as female as possible, or in other words, dressed up like i should be.

Kate Simmons
07-16-2013, 11:30 AM
One thing I should point out is that I don't, by any means, consider myself any kind of "femme fatale" and even on one of my best days don't hold a candle to a woman. What I do hope is that my presentation shows others that I am confident in being myself.:)

Beverley Sims
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
I also wonder at what I see as a half hearted attitude.

Mickitv
07-16-2013, 12:20 PM
I guess I would say I partially dress feminine because that is all I can do for today. Living for today is very important to me but "life sometimes gets in the way of living."

Brenn
07-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Two words... Fashion Freedom.

Farrah
07-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Even though it will probably never happen, I would like to pass and be acceptable. However, I'm fine with being a man in a dress, but I want to look good doing it!;)

ArleneRaquel
07-16-2013, 05:18 PM
I go out either as a male or female, at times while wearing drab I still am wearing panties and female eyewear. I haven't been out as a male in I would guess 5-6 weeks.

UNDERDRESSER
07-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I am working towards being able to go out in a skirt. I plan to at least wear a hiking kilt to work, and maybe a skirt. the other day I went tout to use the barbecue in a skirt and t-shirt. The male neighbor saw me and said Hi, we had a brief conversation, later his wife saw me. Not absolutely sure they actually noticed, but it would have been hard to miss. No negative reaction, at least, not to my face. I made no attempt to pass, I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds, my head is shaved.

I just want the freedom to wear what I want, as long as it meets minimum standards of decency.

gigikaye
07-16-2013, 08:48 PM
There's absolutely no way I could pass but I still enjoy going out with as much en femme as I can possibly expect to get by with. Panties always, bra and pantyhose when I can, camisole when appropriate, toenails always but not loud colors, perfume (I love Chantilly), modest jewelry, and that's about it. But, it makes me feel as good as I'm ever going to feel. And I love it, especially to shop that way.

Seana Summer
07-16-2013, 09:14 PM
My $0.02 is.......

I don't go out 1/2 dressed or fully dressed in female clothing among the general population. Too many people would point and yell Sasquatch!! They do that anyway! (just kidding).

I would love to wear a skirt from time to time to work or when out running errands, and I love wearing nylons and heels when practical. But it just seems to make folks uncomfortable and I am sure many even on this forum, would not approve of how I look dressed. I just aint built to pass as a gg.

For me dressing is not about "passing" it is about wearing what I like. I am hoping for the day when a man in heels, nylons and a skirt is accepted.........after all, that's what I am! (and at this exact moment in time..... I mean that quite literally!! love these new peeptoes:))

Seana

Richelle423
07-17-2013, 04:08 PM
So far I underdress and wear women's jeans 24/7 and I wear women's sneakers.I still need the courage to wear make-up and a wig. Only time will tell.

ShannonIL
07-17-2013, 10:17 PM
I suppose I fit the criteria you describe. I've only done a full fem makeover once.. bought a wig and had my makeup done at a salon and walked around Chicago a bit. Frankly, I didn't really enjoy it so I'm not sure if I'll ever try again. It wasn't really a bad experience.. I think I just learned that I wasn't interested in going all the way I guess?

Honestly though, most of my dressing happens at home or at night. I shave, I wear forms and the like, but I really don't try to pass. No wig and the only makeup I ever really do is lipstick.

Dianne S
07-18-2013, 03:34 AM

I prefer to go all out, but haven't gone out crossdressed in many years. I'm just starting to get back into it.

Meanwhile, I do like wearing women's underclothes and jeans in a way that no-one has noticed (or at least commented on.) I feel good having a little secret. :)

CD Tammy
07-18-2013, 04:58 AM
I am often "half dressed" when at home. Full outfit, including heels but no wig or makeup. But I wouldn't go out that way. Heck, I'm too nervous going out fully dressed let alone half dressed.

candydawn75
07-18-2013, 06:37 AM
I half dress quite often. It isn't either of not to pass or to be a feminine male it is simply I love the clothes. Sure I love the hair, makeup, and nails too but time doesn't always allow . Also I have no delusions that I will ever pass. It is more me being me. Trust me if society would allow me to wear heals, nails painted, and a cute dress I would totally be all over it. Why because I simply LOVE it love feel everything. Pass shmass.

joan47
07-18-2013, 07:14 AM
I have thin arched waxed eyebrows, pierced ears, shaved all over and long arylic nails with a light pink polish. Whenever I am out I wear 100% girls clothes be it leggings, jeggings, skinny or bootcut jeans. Girls T's, all from the junior department, and the tighter the better on the bottom. I wear girls heeled sandals that show off my painted toenails. Girls braclet and necklace, purse, light make-up, lip gloss....Is that girly enough in male mode??

Majella St Gerard
07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
I don't dress to pass or to present as a woman. I dress the way I want to and most of the time I dress in a mix of both male and female. Sometimes I dress all in women's clothes but I present myself as a man in a dress. I am not fooling anybody, even if I wore a wig and overdone make up. Some people here are in denial about how much they think they "pass" I would rather be ME than try to pass my self off as a bad imitation of a woman.

Kimberly Renee
07-18-2013, 10:17 AM
I would rather be approved as a guy who likes to wear skirts and heels - without any attempt to pass.

Deedee

Ditto. What's so wrong about a guy in a suit jacket and long'ish skirt? (rhetorical question) The upper fashion designers and a small number of celebs are attempting to present this as fashionable. Time will tell but I hope it soon becomes a reality and socially acceptable.

shawnsheila
07-18-2013, 11:09 AM
I would not mind just going out in heels and a skirt with a t-shirt on and not being made up... but only because of time/convenience. The reality is that I have to don the wig AND make up to be at least passable to avoid any issues others may have. Maybe someday I can grow my hair out :)

GeorgeA
09-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Deedee

Except for heels I second your comment.

I just want to be accepted as another person living on this big blue marble.....regardless of how I am dressed.

That's a very good observation.

Darla Jean
09-16-2013, 02:27 PM
I really appreciated reading everyone's responses on this thread - I think I am in the minority of site members in that I remain in the closet with my family, I have dressed and been out but only with extensive assistance from a make-over artist, I don't have the time to dress often and when I do it usually is insufficient to really get made up and go out. All that having been said, I have been out totally en femme and have passed (or at least no negative comments) as an older woman (and I am older). I wish that I had the body and age to be a young woman, but I don't, so for me, I'm usually simply wearing a dress or skirt at home with a nice bra panties and slip. Would love to be more en femme, but balance is critical and I'm not prepared to give up many other things to dress and pass on a regular basis. And I really respect those with the time and drive to do so...

GeorgeA
09-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Linda Allen wrote: I don't understand the attraction or reasoning of going out as a "man in a dress". At the present time the society does not approve of that. But I think we are expressing our wish to be able to do so.

One thing I should point out is that I don't, by any means, consider myself any kind of "femme fatale" and even on one of my best days don't hold a candle to a woman. What I do hope is that my presentation shows others that I am confident in being myself.:)

I beg to disagree with you. Judging by your avatar you look much better than some women I know. Be proud of yourself.

My $0.02 is.......

I don't go out 1/2 dressed or fully dressed in female clothing among the general population. Too many people would point and yell Sasquatch!! They do that anyway! (just kidding).

I would love to wear a skirt from time to time to work or when out running errands, and I love wearing nylons and heels when practical. But it just seems to make folks uncomfortable and I am sure many even on this forum, would not approve of how I look dressed. I just aint built to pass as a gg.

For me dressing is not about "passing" it is about wearing what I like. I am hoping for the day when a man in heels, nylons and a skirt is accepted.........after all, that's what I am! (and at this exact moment in time..... I mean that quite literally!! love these new peeptoes:))
Seana

You express my sentiments exactly!

LouiseCD
10-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Being in the closet,I only dress up when home alone.

Ruthie Leather
10-12-2013, 03:43 AM
So at the moment I'm wearing my favourite pair of guy jeans, a great little flowing wrap around flowy tunic blouse and a gorgeous pair of peep toe quilted heels. I like the half and half look because I think I look good as me. Not good as a woman or good as a man but good as "me" Sometimes I want to dress fully but sometimes I prefer a half/half look. If the outfit works, I think you should go for it.

Celina
10-12-2013, 04:28 AM
My goal when I go out is to present as female as much as possible, otherwise I wouldn't feel feminine. I want nothing of my male self to be present (to the extent that it is possible).

Exactly my thoughts too, Alesha! Well if I where ever to go out that is :)

ryenmatt
10-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Still clinging to gender roles I see. You have to be either male or female. Clothes are either male or female clothes. LABELS LABELS LABELS. If you wear a skirt you have to go full fem otherwise your half assing it. You people are so no better then society superficial. This is what keeps most of you from going outside. You cling to a fantasy. "CAN NOT" seems to be very dominant in your vocabulary.

Allison Quinn
10-12-2013, 10:18 AM
When I present as male I a m doing just that presenting as male. However I barely wear male clothing anymore, but at the same time the things I wear out don't scream female either aside from my purse or some nail polish o3o

I'm at a point where I just wear what I please :)

ttenneb
10-12-2013, 06:51 PM
To answer your question, i like to underdress when i go out so no one real knowes but me and thats good for me

Robbin_Sinclair
10-12-2013, 11:26 PM
....I use a bare minimum of cosmetic enhancement as it is way too hot to put on all the warpaint. All I really look for is acceptance. Bobbi

"Way too hot" is even more true with me. Part of me just wants to have the choice of light comfortable clothes are are not shorts or tee shirts. I like color and fun fabric.

Most of the GGs that I knew in Florida and those here don't wear a lot of make up. For me, it's bad enough to have to wear sunscreen.

Megan Nicole
10-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Underdress a lot. Panties pretty much 24/7. Cami, bra, or sports bra when I can. Very lite makeup when not at work and I'm sure i won't be noticed. Would love to go out & think I will at some point & to some degree, but will have to wait. Hard to blend in a 6' 3" 208 lb fairly athletic gal at the mall. No doubt I'll stand out like a sore thumb.

Megan

Zaack
10-13-2013, 12:11 AM
I don't understand the attraction or reasoning of going out as a "man in a dress".

For some of us (including myself), while dressed we don't feel female or have a female persona, therefore we don't want others to consider us as female or treat us as female.

Thus, if out in public in a dress, I would not be trying to 'pass'.; I would not wear a wig or makeup. I'd just be myself. In a dress lol

Sissy_Michelle
10-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Personally I dress in underclothes only mainly because fully dressed I would make a really ugly woman and don't wish to draw that type of attention to myself. During Halloween I can get away with it, or during a special event where my wife and I can go together. However as an everyday thing I could not. Most of the pictures I have seen on this site show beautiful women. I only wish I could pass as easily.

jjjjohanne
10-13-2013, 03:24 PM
I have never had the desire to be a woman. I have almost always had a love for soft and silky fabrics. That lead to the desire to wear skirts, etc. There is a desire in me to wear women's clothes, but not to be a girl. I, for some reason, don't need it. I used to try to pass as a woman for the purpose of going out in women's wear. Therefore, I basically only went out on Halloween. I am a tall V-shaped man. I started going out wearing pantyhose with shorts. Eventually, I went out in all women's androgynous clothes in shorts. Then I switched to a skirt. This was the first time I was obviously dressed in feminine clothes. I realized it felt different. There was no longer the "Did they notice?!?" thing going on in my head. Either they saw me or they didn't. I was obviously crossdressing. It felt kind of freeing. I was no longer frightened about keeping a secret or something. I found the freedom that came with dressing as a man in a skirt both freeing and terrifying. The fear diminished.

When I go out these days, I wear a top that I could probably wear with my men's wear and not look too unusual. I wear a conservative skirt that goes to my knees. I wear pantyhose (possibly an addiction) and I wear reasonable heels or flats. I dress (in styles and colors) like a plain but dressy woman my age would dress (except I wear hose. :) ). When I go out, I do not go to clubs, etc. I go to malls, grocery stores, restaurants, etc. I would like to start doing volunteer work while dressed.

katssun
10-13-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm just happy being comfortable, no matter how "dressy" I am. Sometimes that means a pair of men's sweatpants (if I'm just going outside to do a little work on the garden) because they are convenient, sometimes it means whatever I have on.

ashleylynn52
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I have enough anxiety going out fully dressed in ladies wear that I couldn't bear doing out half dressed. Not that I really pass, but at least maybe only 50% of those who see me pick me out as opposed to 100% when half dressed. Plus I simply love the full package, wink, wink.

Leona
10-13-2013, 05:15 PM
I go out half-dressed usually in a skirt and t-shirt. It's too dang hot around here sometimes to wear something that seals up the crotch. As a result, there are certain activities I can engage in with my wife that don't suffer from sweaty balls.... ;)

I still do it when it's cooler, because a cool breeze blowing up a skirt feels fantastic (not a sexual feeling at all!).

I guess you could say I go out half-dressed because I'm a guy who dresses for comfort, and I'm just fulfilling the masculine stereotype by wearing a skirt.

CarlaWestin
10-13-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm really not sure what "half" dressed might imply but, now that I think of it, I've only been fully dressed with make-up one time. Hmm? I guess being dressed other than fully male, at some level of gender blending, is the desired acheivement. I'm currently staying in a motel with an indoor pool and a breakfast bar. I only brought breastforms, night gown, silky robe and two bras with me. The first day here I enjoyed shopping at Sears and Payless in guy mode but with obvious proportional projection. This morning, I put on a nice one piece swimsuit, Sears clearance, $5.00, with forms and went down the elevator to the pool for a nice morning swim. It was heavenly. I was drying off and one of the staff walked through the area and had to notice the slender older gentleman with the nice boobs wrapping a towel around his head. Nothing was said. Back in the room, I changed into jeans, bra with forms, tight form fitting top and some great high heeled ankle boots from Payless. As I approached the breakfast area, I scanned to see how the area looked. I avoid groups with small children or clusters of males. There were two elderly couples already seated and three other women that I respectfully jockeyed around to toast a bagel and get two cups of coffee. I got a few nice smiles and "good mornings" and made my way back to my suite. It's certainly difficult to hide prominant protruberances when your hands are full carrying things.
So yes, all of my gendventures are less than 100% M or F. Hmm? Maybe this outfit for the flight home. I did find a great low plunge LBD at Sears!