PDA

View Full Version : Buying on Ebay

susancheerleader
12-20-2005, 08:49 PM
I am wondering how you all faired if you bought from EBay? I bought a ton of panties, a few leotards and some skirts and tights from EBay. I don't like buying things that are specifically labeled "Crossdresser." So everything I have bought are mostly from other women and/or "companies" that sell women’s clothes.
Shipping is sent to my masculine name and address. So it is obvious to anyone I buy from that it is a guy who bought it. Some, not all of my feedback to these people state "I love the skirt!" or "Very comfortable panties." No one has ever left me negative or neutral feedback. Some have said glad you love the skirt!" (Or whatever) Most packages are received with a note "Philip, I hope you enjoy these."
Has anyone ever run into trouble buying on EBay when it is obvious to the seller you are a guy?
So far I never have.

Lacamas
12-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Ebay is my best friend.
I have bought a ton of clothes and have them shipped to my male name.

SilkBra
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Love it!
I am the only one with a mail key in the family so works great ;)

S. Lisa Smith
12-20-2005, 09:19 PM
The only problem I have with ebay is about 35-40% of the time the thngs I buy don't fit the way I think they are going to. That's the chance you take. I've gotten some great stuff, but I've had some things I'm sorry I spent the money on.

susancheerleader
12-20-2005, 09:26 PM
The only problem I have with ebay is about 35-40% of the time the thngs I buy don't fit the way I think they are going to. That's the chance you take. I've gotten some great stuff, but I've had some things I'm sorry I spent the money on.

Yea I have had that same problem. Especially at first since I had no idea what my size was. I was guessing... but now I know!
Even so, there are times I get something that doens't fit as I thought.

The point was with my post, has anyone had any seller give flack when they know a guy has bought womens clothes... and probably wants it for himself.

Jesse69
12-20-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm glad you asked your question as it is interesting. My name is Jesse - so that's a male & female name so they just suppose I'm female and they have never guessed I was a man. I even bought a wedding dress and they thought I was a woman, so I'm lucky to have an androgynous name and ebay name too!

My only bad gripe from buying from ebay is that sometimes the clothes don't look as good as the pictures and I would have never bought them in the first place had I seen them. So I prefer thrift shops or brand new better. But I have gotten some awesome suits on ebay too.

Fallen Angel
12-20-2005, 10:25 PM
well most of the major companies i deal with on e-bay have size conversion charts so that your able to buy clothes that fit correctly and as for the crossdressing part it doesnt matter to me if i buy fromm a gg,cd,tv ect. as long as its nice and i like it does it really matter xxxx

annekathleen
12-20-2005, 10:43 PM
I love E-bay. Thanks to E-bay, my "female wardrobe" has grown immensely.
I started buying a huge variety of bras and panties, and have evolved into sweaters, tops, skirts, slacks, jeans, and a variety of shoes, boots, etc.
My various lenghts in jeans allows me to mix and match my various heel heights on my shoes and boots. And my various lenghts in my skirts allows me to look conservatively classy or dangerously ****ty. Depending on my moods, We are entitled to our moods!

Robertacd
12-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I have bought quite a few jeans, skirts, bras and a few panties on e-bay.

I don't think I have bought any thing that really fit badly except for a pair of jeans that was listed a being tall but obviously was not. I have had some really good sellers toss in extras. Just last week a new bra came that I won and the seller tossed in a SECOND BRA in the same size that nobody bid on for free!:thumbsup:

I have had some bad experences with shipping and hadnleing charges. Now I make sure I read the fine print very closely. I know for a fact that you can ship anything under a pound for $3.85 USPS Priority mail and that will get just about anywhere in the country in three days or less. Once I thought I got a great deal when I won a thong for $2.50, then I noticed there was a $7.00 shipping charge!:eek: :mad: I paid it of course but I left bad feedback warning others to watch her shipping charges. She was pissed too and sent me an angry email but it serves her right for ripping people off like that even if she did put it the shipping price in the listing.

kymmieLorain
12-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Most of my feminine cloths have came from Ebay. I have bought things listed for crossdressers( it is one of my searches) I have no problems with having things shipped under my male name. One thing I have learned about ebay is that watch and know prices. Where things cost X with shipping, but can be bought in a store for less.

Kymmie

Imogen_Mann
12-21-2005, 03:45 AM
I love eBay !

I buy loads of stuff, and I just never mention my gender. My 'me' page on eBay mentions that I'm a father, so thats a giveaway, but I think people are interested in the colour of my money, not the shade of my lipstick.

So long as you do read the small print on Post and Packaging, and dont buy from obvious fakes (Ie, Listed in the UK / US... item location, Sierra Leone), you should be OK.

Sizes and suitability errors, yep, it's happened to me. I have a "FABULOUS" Denim dress that looks a total disgrace on me and I've never worn it. A GG Friend (on the big side god bless her) tried it on and it looked stunning on her (bitch !) but she isn't into denim, so here it sits.

Have fun, but watch your spending.

XX

Jayme

Raychel
12-21-2005, 07:41 AM
I have bought a ton of stuff off of E-Bay. The only problem that I have had is the fit. The prices can be great, if you don't care if the item is new or not. I have had he shipped to me at work even. The only problem I ever had was one item that was shipped in the mail, never arrived. I suspect that the mailman put it in the wrong box.

But lately I have been buying from Chadwicks Outlet or some other discount sites. That way if there is a fit problem I can always send it back and get another size. One outfit went back 3 times to JC Penneys. No problem at all.

Lulie GG
12-21-2005, 09:44 AM
I have only brought one item of clothing for myself through ebay but used my hubby's log in etc as I have for my other non clothing items. So it would be quite feasable for a man to be buying for wife, partner etc.

Lulie

JoAnnDallas
12-21-2005, 09:50 AM
I have never had bad feedback on any fem item I have bought via Ebay.
In fact I have gotten very positive letters with the item. One even said that most of her buyers were T-Girls.

Most of the Ebay stores that sell fem items know the score when it comes to selling items to a person that has a male name.

It would be very interesting to see a poll of the ratio between men and women that buy fem item off Ebay. I bet we be suprised.

Karren H
12-21-2005, 08:56 PM
I buy all my wigs on ebay, breast forms, corsett, and clip-on earrings. All sent to my workplace. No one ever opened my packages, yet!! lol I buy all my clothing at local department stores, in drab or enfemme.

Love Karren

rexy
12-21-2005, 09:13 PM
i have had no problems from buying on e-bay. I have had more than 200 items bought with no hassles.............